Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Sums it up really

The Sunday Times report on yesterday''s Goodison match says the following;"It was a rather run of the mill afternoon at Goodison.Much of the responsibility for that lies with Norwich, who never showed any serious intent to threaten the Everton goal, except for very late in the game when they would have been flattered, had they pulled even one goal back."

Just about sums things up at our club under this management team . In fact, for "Goodison" you could substitute "White Hart Lane", "KC Stadium" "The Etihad", "Anfield", "Selhurst Pk", or several other venues over the last 18 months, couldn''t you ?

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?

I agree, it was an almost predictable showing.

That said we did have a brilliant chance first half that Hooper fluffed, and a couple of other really good opportunities. Couple with some more pro-active substitutions and I do think we are showing slow and slight improvement.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?[/quote]

To be fair he could at least gets his teams out of their own half and have the occasional shot on target unlike the clueless buffoon

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?[/quote]

To be fair he could at least gets his teams out of their own half and have the occasional shot on target unlike the clueless buffoon[/quote]Was it much better though? Give us the benefit of your footballing knowledge.

Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the games they report on and comment about...

[quote user="Surfer"]Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the games they report on and comment about...[/quote]Indeed. People who I have talked to saw it differently.Yes, we lost to a better side, but we didn''t run up the white flag.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?[/quote]

To be fair he could at least gets his teams out of their own half and have the occasional shot on target unlike the clueless buffoon[/quote]Was it much better though? Give us the benefit of your footballing knowledge.

[/quote]

One example of many how often under the Messiah did we score in the last few minutes and seconds. How often does that happen under hapless. Let me inform you it never happens. He simply hasn''t got a clue how to use a sub to change a game

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?[/quote]

[/quote]

One example of many how often under the Messiah did we score in the last few minutes and seconds. How often does that happen under hapless. Let me inform you it never happens. He simply hasn''t got a clue how to use a sub to change a game[/quote]So, was his away record much better then?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Surfer"]Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the games they report on and comment about...[/quote]Indeed. People who I have talked to saw it differently.Yes, we lost to a better side, but we didn''t run up the white flag.[/quote]I''m the first to admit that I did not see the match (apart from the MOTD highlights) but 3 people who were there have independently told me much the same. It was certainly the impression that I gleaned from the Goreham/Gunn commentary on R Norfolk.

Was Paul Lambert''s away record better than Hughton''s? We had the 11th best in the Prem under Lambert. 18th under Hughton. So I''d say yes.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Surfer"]Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the games they report on and comment about...[/quote]Indeed. People who I have talked to saw it differently.Yes, we lost to a better side, but we didn''t run up the white flag.[/quote]I''m the first to admit that I did not see the match (apart from the MOTD highlights) but 3 people who were there have independently told me much the same. It was certainly the impression that I gleaned from the Goreham/Gunn commentary on R Norfolk.[/quote]Makes you wonder then that all those who lost it on here last night maybe just look at the scoreline before they go off on one.Silly.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]Was Paul Lambert''s away record better than Hughton''s? We had the 11th best in the Prem under Lambert. 18th under Hughton. So I''d say yes.[/quote]Yes, I knew that, I was just having a bit of fun pointing out that numnuts didn''t[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="iwansnorwich"]Was Paul Lambert''s away record better than Hughton''s? We had the 11th best in the Prem under Lambert. 18th under Hughton. So I''d say yes.[/quote]Yes, I knew that, I was just having a bit of fun pointing out that numnuts didn''t[Y][/quote]

Thank you for proving my point. U truly are a retard Morty

Was the messiah''s away record much better?

Was the 1st season in the league then, it wasn''t expected to be. By the 3rd season we really should be trying to give them a game.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="iwansnorwich"]Was Paul Lambert''s away record better than Hughton''s? We had the 11th best in the Prem under Lambert. 18th under Hughton. So I''d say yes.[/quote]Yes, I knew that, I was just having a bit of fun pointing out that numnuts didn''t[Y][/quote]

Thank you for proving my point. U truly are a retard Morty[/quote]Oh the irony[:D]

Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.

[quote user="JF"]Was the messiah''s away record much better?

Was the 1st season in the league then, it wasn''t expected to be. By the 3rd season we really should be trying to give them a game.[/quote]

Spot on yet another example of how we are going backwards under hapless despite giving the fool record money to spend in the transfer market. He is as the report suggests making us a joke

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.[/quote]I have no idea.Are all journalists truly unbiased in their reporting, in your opinion?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.[/quote]

He won''t see it we won''t understand it! 😱😱

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.[/quote]I have no idea.Are all journalists truly unbiased in their reporting, in your opinion?[/quote]Stop digging Morty. Now you really are being silly.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.[/quote]I have no idea.Are all journalists truly unbiased in their reporting, in your opinion?[/quote]Stop digging Morty. Now you really are being silly.[/quote]I''m not digging at all. I bet I could (if I could be bothered) find you five different match reports with differing opinions.

If CH is clueless perhaps you can explain why he was the second most effective last season and is outperforming his finances this season?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.[/quote]I have no idea.Are all journalists truly unbiased in their reporting, in your opinion?[/quote]Stop digging Morty. Now you really are being silly.[/quote]I''m not digging at all. I bet I could (if I could be bothered) find you five different match reports with differing opinions.

[/quote]May well be the case, but I doubt it.....In any case, you''ve sidestepped the point. I asked if you thought that this Rowan guy had an anti hughton axe to grind, and if so why.You''ve not answered that. My  assertion is he''s just reporting a match as he saw it. As were Goreham, Butler, the guy from R5 etc.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Morty, why would Paul Rowan of the ST have the sort of  anti hughton axe to grind as these people you are referring from this board last night ?With respect, what you''ve written falls fairly and squarely into the "silly" pile.[/quote]I have no idea.Are all journalists truly unbiased in their reporting, in your opinion?[/quote]Stop digging Morty. Now you really are being silly.[/quote]I''m not digging at all. I bet I could (if I could be bothered) find you five different match reports with differing opinions.

[/quote]May well be the case, but I doubt it.....In any case, you''ve sidestepped the point. I asked if you thought that this Rowan guy had an anti hughton axe to grind, and if so why.You''ve not answered that. My  assertion is he''s just reporting a match as he saw it. As were Goreham, Butler, the guy from R5 etc.[/quote]Lol, I''m not sidestepping anything mate, but its hardly cutting edge journalism, is it?"Bigger" team beat "smaller" team at home, "smaller" team weren''t good enough. Norwich aren''t very good away from home, we all know that.He could probably have written that without even having seen the game.I prefer to trust friends who were there (whose opinions I consider fairly balanced) who said it wasn''t the horror show that a lot of people seem to be painting it as.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?[/quote]Why does it always have to come back to what Lambert did - it''s irrelevant. You can only judge Hughton on his own record & comparing it to previous managers, with different players, against different opponents and in different circumstances is pointless.We are where we are now, Hughton is the manager and that''s where the buck stops.And isn''t strange that the people who supposedly support Hughton are suddenly using the Lambert argument in their defence.Why is that?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Hapless is a clueless idiot everyone knows it now except rather strangely our Board of directors[/quote]Was the messiah''s away record much better?[/quote]Why does it always have to come back to what Lambert did - it''s irrelevant. You can only judge Hughton on his own record & comparing it to previous managers, with different players, against different opponents and in different circumstances is pointless.We are where we are now, Hughton is the manager and that''s where the buck stops.And isn''t strange that the people who supposedly support Hughton are suddenly using the Lambert argument in their defence.Why is that?[/quote]Have you missed every other one of Thorpe Canaries posts where the answer to everything is "Bring Lambert back"?