Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Rumblings in the drerssing room ???

BJ saying the players are now discussing why they are not winning.http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/bradley_johnson_admits_it_s_time_for_actions_rather_than_talk_after_norwich_city_s_everton_defeat_and_recriminations_1_3201373errrr - about time?

I believe Johnson would speak his mind, but can''t help thinking one or two others are discussing options for next season with their agents. It''s not their fight and they will sell the manager down the river. We are the new QPR.

[quote user="FCC"]I believe Johnson would speak his mind, but can''t help thinking one or two others are discussing options for next season with their agents. It''s not their fight and they will sell the manager down the river. We are the new QPR.[/quote]

Bassong looks like he has already left !!

I''m all for group discussion, but the manager should manage! The situation we are in is atrocious, and has been entirely avoidable. Our manager has spent over half of the season, constantly tinkering, blaming tactics, and the right formation for the game. We now need a miracle to make the 40 point mark. If our manager had any sort of managerial nous, he''d know that tactics alone will not win a game - particularly against superior opposition, as we frequently encounter in the PL, and CH likes to tell us. You need desire, passion and endeavour, all of which have been squeezed out of our squad in place of endless tactics, shape and formations. CH may be a fantastic coach, and I don''t doubt his commitment to the club, and even his job. But he''s the manager. Why sign a player like RVW, and not bother to set up a team to play to his strengths? Then spend all season blaming poor results (hull, villa, Cardiff, etc) on bad luck, and heavy defeats (we all know) on having vastly more modest resources than those teams. The truth is - WE ARE AWFUL. We lost 7-0 to man city, with a man behind the midfield. To hear a player come out after a 2-0 defeat and blame not having that midfielder there is insulting. I don''t want to hear, ''we''ve had a chat about it...'', I want to hear an admission that they know what it takes to get out of our mess, and the players will be busting their guts to turn things around. When we went down before, we changed manager, and changed again, and changed again. We were relegated to L1 with no passion, no commitment, and no idea. Bryan Gunn saw this and started started by signing characters. Holt, Nelson, even Matty Gill (who was a norwich fan)! Paul lambert then capitalised on this injection of passion and commitment, to propel us through the divisions, in a perhaps unexpected, meteoric rise to the PL. Now I don''t expect that this would continue indefinitely, or we''d be 15 points clear at the top of the PL by now. But we are slowly watching all the passion drift away from the team. Vast sums (for us) spent, signing players who are technically better than what we had, but are unable to play. Shackled to their positions week after week. Too many tactics, not enough football. We will go down, and CH will have extinguished any passion, or desire in our team. We will have gone full circle.

There are plainly some fans who have no ambition. It used to be the fans that complained the club had no ambition. Don''t want expensive players? People seem to want it all ways.  They want success, but when they get it don''t want to deal with it.  I suppose it will go in cycles. We''ll stay up a season or two then everyone can settle back a into mid-championship again and complain why we''re not getting promoted to the premiership again.  

F*ck me!!!! No ambition coming from the biggest happy clapper "let''s all clap aimlessly and hope that super chris will turn it round" so I, ME super f*cking L.C.D will be proved right!!! Well your wrong he''s not got a clue anyone who couldn''t see that after last season never mind hull,man city and the like ARE BLIND AND KNOW SWEET FA ABOUT FOOTBALL!! Lcd your the biggest C0ck to grace this board. You make wiz look like Stephen Fry, with your endless crap about how it''s all gonna come good. A few weeks ago we were 7 points from the drop ZONE now we''re 3points from BOTTOM. Thick (unt it''s time to wake up!

[quote user="MrMcGoo1809"]F*ck me!!!! No ambition coming from the biggest happy clapper "let''s all clap aimlessly and hope that super chris will turn it round" so I, ME super f*cking L.C.D will be proved right!!! Well your wrong he''s not got a clue anyone who couldn''t see that after last season never mind hull,man city and the like ARE BLIND AND KNOW SWEET FA ABOUT FOOTBALL!! Lcd your the biggest C0ck to grace this board. You make wiz look like Stephen Fry, with your endless crap about how it''s all gonna come good. A few weeks ago we were 7 points from the drop ZONE now we''re 3points from BOTTOM. Thick (unt it''s time to wake up![/quote]

[:D] Don''t forget your medication before you go to bed.  School tomorrow, don''t forget!

And the irony of having a Winston Churchill avatar when your a spineless weasel who would of said " do come set up camp here Adolf, no its fine I don''t mind" is not wasted on me

[quote user="MrMcGoo1809"] You make wiz look like Stephen Fry, [/quote]

Well if anything is going to get Wiz back this post will. [:P]

[quote user="MrMcGoo1809"]Oh do shut up you silly little man. Go drown yourself in the lakes where you live. You moronic tw@t (UNT[/quote]is it really necessary to keep swearing ?have you some sort of Tourettes Syndrome or something ?

I love the irony in a poster named ''Mr McGoo'' calling everyone else blind...

Seriously, calm down fella. We all have opinions on here, yours is perfectly valid. But don''t expect not to get shot down by those who don''t agree.

Oh and fyi, taking to expletive laden tirades is usually a sure sign that someone has lost their argument. Surely you can do better than that son?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="MrMcGoo1809"] You make wiz look like Stephen Fry, [/quote]

Well if anything is going to get Wiz back this post will. [:P]

[/quote]curious how someone who only registered barely a few weeks back should know all about wizhmmmm

[quote user="MrMcGoo1809"]Your right Flecky I''ve lost my argument, we''re 8th in the table 15 points clear of the bottom 3 and we can''t stop scoring[/quote]

See, that''s much better! We can actually have a discussion about this. My response being something along the lines of ''Sorry, I forgot we are bottom of the league, 15 points from safety and in considerably worse shape than every other team in the premier league.''

I get your point, things look pretty dire at the moment. But is it worth taking a gamble and sacking a manager who seems to still have the backing of his players, to bring in an unknown quantity? It certainly won''t be if he has the same impact that Poyet, Meulensteen, Solskjaer (a little unfair after 1 PL game, but still no obvious ''new manager effect'' there) and Pulis have had. We are still only 3 points from the top half. It is very tight and there are 11 teams who are still realistically in the relegation scrap. Will we be one of the bottom 3? I don''t know. I think probably not. I think 35 points will probably be the requirement for safety this season and I think we will edge past that. But I''m open to debate there!

oh dearyou are even dimmer than I first thoughtI never claimed you were wiz, nor do I think you areI merely wondered why someone who only registered very recently could know all about the troll, wiz

ps you really must read what people wrote

pps best not to dwell on your past as it can cause upset

Er, moving on. Or rather, moving back to the Johnson interview, set up by Michael Bailey''s preamble:So what of one prime issue aired following City’s sticky Toffees experience – a man short in midfield to give Gary Hooper and Ricky van Wolfswinkel their first proper chance to kick off what was conceived in the summer to be a successful strike partnership. It is certainly the Canaries’ most expensive."We were outnumbered in midfield and usually we do have that man who drops back for us, and gives us that little bit of an option on the ball,” said Johnson. “The way they set up, they were moving all behind us and it was hard for me and Leroy (Fer) to get forward in the first half. But I think in the second half when we had a go for it, it opened up and we were unlucky in the end. The way we started the first half, I think we made it too easy for them. But we came out in the second half and I think we gave it a go, and the game opened up."Now it is not clear whether "usually we do have that man who drops back for us" means Hughton (and Johnson?) expected one of the front two still to do that, and didn''t. Or whether it was understood that the two would stay up front and it was assumed the midfield would cope. If so, then according to Johnson, it was obvious it wasn''t working. And that, as one idiot here feared before the game, we got overrun in midfield. On top of which there there is the comment about "the way they set up" adding to the problem.But there is no sense from Johnson that Hughton did anything tactically to change things once these early problems - "the way they set up" and "we made it too easy for them" - became quickly apparent. Only that in the second half "we gave it  go". Which doesn''t seem to mean much.

I think a Red Card is required for whoever is masquerading as MrMcGoo1809, not required and not worth any more responses surely....

[quote user="lake district canary"]Keep going McPoo, you''re on a roll. You never know, if you keep going, perhaps something sensible might emerge from your keyboard.

[/quote]

Just do us all a favour LDC, bugger off back to TWTD.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well every day that the three clowns are still with us could well see me implode[/quote]

Do you mean Groucho,Chico and Harpo leaving NCFC in the "Duck Soup"?

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]I''m all for group discussion, but the manager should manage! [/quote]That riposte reminds me of when , as a youth in the early seventies, I used to argue with my Mum and Dad plus others over politics, particularly when there were complaints from reactionary right wing tory types over Union interference in industry etc."Let the managers manage" was their line of attack.I could never see the logic of this. For that to be a sensible argument it  depended on the management being any good, and on so many occasions it wasn''t.Has a very familiar ring to the current situation at Carrow Rd , doesn''t it ?