Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Hull at home the most important game of the season so far....

I got shot down a few weeks back when I said Fulham and Palace were potentially season defining games. I still believe they will be. Surely we can label next week''s game the most important so far? No wins in six and at home against another team around us. We need to start winning these sort of games now. We''ve dropped too many points from these sort of games this season.

We will do very well to even get a point from Hull.

Bruce has them playing very good football. And one of the best deffences around, that and our gole shy " strikers " means trouble.

And if we are very unlucky they will have a new striker themselves.

I think it probably is the biggest so far given recent results, yes. It is clearly a game in which we are going to have to impose our own game on them. They are playing good football, but only have 3 points more than us. Call them their surprise 3 points from Liverpool and they are in exactly the same place as we are in terms of results against the teams around them. We do desperately need a win here as we have a decent run of games coming up (bar Man City at home) and need to try and kick start a little run. 3 points going in to the Newcastle (who have lost 3 on the spin) game at home is crucial in my eyes.

I''m not too sure if the game will define or determine the season.Whether we stay up or go down we can look back on quite a few games and say, if only...........However what I think this game will highlight is whether Hughton has any claim to remaining as our manager. Sure the result is important, however it will be how the game is played. Any dire display like Hull away and it has to be his lot. We need to be seen as if we want to win, want to score and are not afraid of ''mixing it''. There needs to be evidence that Hughton can adapt during the game, that substitutes can be used to change the formation, not merely flog the same dying horse.We can always make up the points - it is Hughton who has a big point to prove... that he can manage the team.

Every game is important but the season is not defined by jus a single game.

We win and could be in11th

We draw and its not so bad

We lose and Thers more pressure to win the next.

We lose the next three then the manger is gone. But that will not happen.

A lot of people rave about Hull''s success under Bruce this season but the fact remains that if we had put that vital one goal in by breaching their ten-man defence earlier in the season then we would be equal on points.

I can''t remember the exact details now but no doubt we laid off them a bit too much.

If we lose it won''t mean the death sentence obviously but by golly relegation will suddenly become that much more of a reality.

The loss of points and a subsequent loss of confidence might combine to suddenly make us favourites for the drop.

I agree that this could well be seen as the season''s most important game in view of what has gone before and what might befall us if we are unsuccessful.

Neither is yet another home draw enough IMO.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Every game is important but the season is not defined by jus a single game.

We win and could be in11th

We draw and its not so bad

We lose and Thers more pressure to win the next.

We lose the next three then the manger is gone. But that will not happen.[/quote]Not quite true. Win and all the other results go our way and we could be 12th unless we make up a 12 goal swing (ie we win 6-0 and Villa lose 6-0) and maybe we go to 11th. But realistically 12th is as high as we go with a win. Heck, we beat Hull 7-0 and we could go 10th

3 points on Saturday would give us a little more breathing space particularly with Cardiff away at Man City, Villa away at Liverpool and Fulham away at Arsenal - we need to start winning NOW especially with our very tough last 4 games to come

While not mathematically defining, I see it as absolutely critical. Frankly if we do not win it is very hard to see where exactly we will win. Confidence will take a further dent. Unrest will be palpable. And even if CH is fired afterwards there is no time for a new man to utilise the window. So to me this is about as important as it gets without being an actual last day decider.