Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bryan Ruiz

A few clubs been given permission to speak to him. Would he be worth a go? Excellent technique, but not always the most consistent.

Doesn''t score, doesn''t really assist much, passing and crossing are nothing to write home about (neither are his attempts at through ball) and he''s horribly inconsistent to boot (mainly poor with the odd flash of brilliance) - no thanks...

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Not good enough for Fulham?Tells me all I need to know.I''m out.[/quote]

I think Fulham have too many ''maverick'' type players that would provide the spark and unpredictability behind the striker(s).

We have a distinct lack of options and Ruiz could be that guy for us. The ugly work could be left to other players in our team.

[quote user="Nicko"]Lazy player. Second only to Berbatov.[/quote]Except that Berbatov isn''t lazy, he simply doesn''t chase every ball like a headless chicken...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]Lazy player. Second only to Berbatov.[/quote]Except that Berbatov isn''t lazy, he simply doesn''t chase every ball like a headless chicken...[/quote]

He is lazy. He doesn''t run onto balls, he doesn''t chase back, he doesn''t tackle. Having those two in the same side is like playing with 9 players hence why Fulham are where they are.

Yup, Berbatov is lazy.

Despite his stint at Utd he''s never really made the most of his ridiculous natural ability. He wouldn''t have had to leave Utd and he wouldn''t have gone to Fulham if he put more in to matches.

And as for Ruiz...some nice touches but not a lot else. Not for the money he costs.

[quote user="GJP"]Despite his stint at Utd he''s never really made the most of his ridiculous natural ability.[/quote]Yes, I can see how he''s let himself down by maintaining a 2-2.5 game to goal ratio throughout the vast majority of his career...Apparently these days simply scoring hatfuls of goals isn''t enough if you don''t help defend or chase every ball punted forwards...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="GJP"]Despite his stint at Utd he''s never really made the most of his ridiculous natural ability.[/quote]
Yes, I can see how he''s let himself down by maintaining a 2-2.5 game to goal ratio throughout the vast majority of his career...

Apparently these days simply scoring hatfuls of goals isn''t enough if you don''t help defend or chase every ball punted forwards...
[/quote]

Although Berbatov has had a very good career in football I still think he could have done a little bit more - because that''s how highly I rate his ability.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="GJP"]Despite his stint at Utd he''s never really made the most of his ridiculous natural ability.[/quote]Yes, I can see how he''s let himself down by maintaining a 2-2.5 game to goal ratio throughout the vast majority of his career...Apparently these days simply scoring hatfuls of goals isn''t enough if you don''t help defend or chase every ball punted forwards...[/quote]

Oh so you''ve decided we''re talking about his goal scoring record now? Fair enough.

The fact is, Berbatov is lazy. So is Ruiz. We can''t accommodate that sort of player.

[quote user="Nicko"]The fact is, Berbatov is lazy.[/quote]No, that''s not a fact - that''s your opinion, and one which a number of top managers clearly disagree with, unless you think that over 200 premier league appearances is irrelevant (as apparently is the FACT that both Spurs and Man Utd thought he was good enough)...The FACT is that Berbatov WILL score goals if given good supply, my OPINION is that 99 teams out of 100 would take a player with his technical ability, shooting accuracy and goalscoring record over your OPINION that he''s too lazy...

why is there an automatic assumption that a hard working player with no footballing ability is better for the team than a talented player who is "lazy"?

We have had far too many hard working donkeys,  when what we really need right now is more quality,  especially in central midfield.

I would have had Berbatov here last season in a shot (assuming he would have come, but getting on a bit now)

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Nicko"]The fact is, Berbatov is lazy.[/quote]No, that''s not a fact - that''s your opinion, and one which a number of top managers clearly disagree with, unless you think that over 200 premier league appearances is irrelevant (as apparently is the FACT that both Spurs and Man Utd thought he was good enough)...The FACT is that Berbatov WILL score goals if given good supply, my OPINION is that 99 teams out of 100 would take a player with his technical ability, shooting accuracy and goalscoring record over your OPINION that he''s too lazy...[/quote]

Okay Indy Bones. As ever, you''re opinion is of course the right one.

You seem to think I''m debating his goalscoring record/ability. You should read over my posts again.

Ruiz isn''t lazy, he''s quality, but inconsistent.

What amazes me about him is he doesn''t even need to accelerate at all to get past any player.