Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Stoke showing no fear or respect against liverpool

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Neither am I Foggy. I just thought it was interesting that an answer was not forthcoming. Well done[Y]

[/quote]It was a good result, and solid performance.  People are too harsh on Hughton after the Everton game.  He has tried something different away from home this season, and it has brought some dividends.  We created a few very good chances, mainly from long balls. Certainly something to think about. Everton had a lot of possession but didn''t create a huge amount of clear cut chances.Redmond caused them some problems when he came on, we could have done with his pace sooner.  I don''t think the 2 left backs really worked well but could see why he played them to add defensive solidity.I think to play in this manner you need play the ball quickly, which I think Whittaker did exceptionally well yesterday, and have pace on the park, which is where we came unstuck.

Agree Stoke put in a decent shift, but from the other games I have seen of them this season, this was more of an exception rather than the rule, plus I never got the feeling despite their effort that they were going toi get anything from the match. City also put in a decent shift yesterday from the match I watched, Everton like Liverpool were the superior side as expected, and from what I saw our team kept going until the end too and had Snodgrass notched who know''s what would have happened........we just see different things in these games and I love wearing my slightly yellow and green tinted specs and drinking from my half full glass, I really do.....OTBC 

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Your answer wasn''t forthcoming either nige, hence my reply.

I see none of my original points have been answered.

99% would rather us lose like stoke did today than how we currently do[/quote]I would like to see us win, and I couldn''t give a hoot about how we go about it if we get results...  Even if it involves hoofing it upfield, diving in the box, and kicking the opposition senseless.

This is good lads, the last three minutes we all seem to agree that we like our team to win but if we''re goin to lose then we''d prefer to put up a fight....... ''Stoke inspired unity in canary supporters''

I am actually more in agreement about foggys assesment of the everton game. If people take off their anti hughton glasses, it wasnt as bad as some are making out.

We are now at the point where people are openly jealous of other clubs. We play Stoke in the return game in a couple of months. I hope this Hughton situation is sorted by then or I fear another QPR scenario where people tell me cheering opposition goals is all for the greater good. Meanwhile we''ll have ipswich''s play-off drive bigged up and umpteen threads where the same old faces will say they''re not going to renew their season tickets until Hughton/McNally/Delia are gone...

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m not angry we went with two up top.

I just don''t think it is the place to try it out. Our short falls in midfield allowed Gareth bloody Barry to run the game look xavi![/quote]
There were not enough viable options for a 5 man midfield unfortunately, which forced his hand.
Dont say fox and hoolahan.
Just dont.

At the end of each respective game which manager, players, & supporters will be feeling the better, have something to cling on to and will be looking to the next game with a bit more optimism & belief?

Why can''t I say them? Don''t have them on the bench then. I''d be happier with them two than kick and rush Johnson.

Wes was a reasonable shout. Him in that role would''ve restricted Barry''s space like he did at the etihad last year against man city (I know Barry wasn''t playing but did it well).

Or we''re they on the beach?

The game could''ve done with elmander roughing them up yesterday. He even could''ve played in the midfield/forward hole.

Having read some of the comments on The Oatcake (Stoke messageboard) Yes there are plenty of possitives been taken from todays game but there are also comments such has DREADFULL DEFENDING...NEED A NEW FORWARD....BUTLAND NOT THE ANSWER...NEED SOME PACE...NEED NEW IN MIDFIELD...Not all roses in a 5..3..defeat !!!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m not angry we went with two up top.

I just don''t think it is the place to try it out. Our short falls in midfield allowed Gareth bloody Barry to run the game look xavi![/quote]
There were not enough viable options for a 5 man midfield unfortunately, which forced his hand.
Dont say fox and hoolahan.
Just dont.
[/quote]What''s wrong with Fox and Hoolahan.  If BJ can make it on the pitch they certainly can.  Hoot had the players for a 5 man midfield if that is the way he wanted to go.  I don''t think he did.

" we would have waved the white flag at 2-0 and gone through the motions to another heavy defeat, collectively this team and manager are the most gutless bunch ever to wear the colors "

really.... I think you need a reality check. This is a quality league and if that was true we''d be dead an buried at the bottom of it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"] It''s the worst utd teams for yrs. [/quote]and yet its the SAME one that won the league last year... i blame the manager... ;)

and yet its the SAME one that won the league last year... i blame the manager... ;)

Can''t be, Ricardo has proved beyond all doubt that a change of manager changes nothing on the pitch. It baffles me why a managers job isn''t a job for life.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]CUSDP - What is this game against Man City you keep going on about where we supposedly lost 5-2????????[/quote]

Our first season back in the prem, 6-1 apologies. I got muddled up with the score (thinking about Liverpool score)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17642962

Tevez got a hattrick and celebrated by swinging a golf club. Surman scored for us.

It was 2-1 after 70 mins and the last 20 they brought yaya on and killed us.

Every single person stayed and applauded because we gave it a go.

There''s losing 6-1 like that where you can take positives and there''s getting beat 7-0 and rolling over.

Sorry about the confusion.

Fair enough CUSDP - I thought you were probably referring to when we lost 4-3 at home to Man City last season.

Frankly though I think it''s a little bizarre that a 6-1 defeat at home to Man City under Lambert is deemed to somehow be acceptable while a 4-3 home defeat to the same opposition under Hughton is forgotten about.

I would have thought CUSDP could have taken more positives from last season''s game than the one where we were stuffed. But I expect Fox wan''t playing...