Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Stoke showing no fear or respect against liverpool

Stoke really getting in liverpools faces...losing 2-3 at the moment but def in the game.

Never thought i''d say this, but i wish we played a bit more like them.

For 20 mins Morty.

Liverpool are better than the mancs this year. It''s the worst utd teams for yrs.

Would you rather us lose like we did yesterday and so many times this season or like stoke did today?

I know you''d rather win, we all would. But there''s losing where you can''t take any positives and there is losing when you can.

Today''s match reminds me of when we got humped by citeh 5-2 a couple of years ago.

We gave it a go. Nobody moaned and 99% stayed at the end to applaud the boys off.

Sure Morty,i felt we gave Man U a good half game , once Welbeck replaced Giggs,we looked 2nd best,imho.

I suppose what i meant was that ''pool score against stoke and stoke come back as if they are insulted and angry, when we concede our response has been tame.

The stoke crowd are right behind their team, too.

Didnt vote in the Hughton in/out as i feel he''s doin ok considering injuries etc, just would like a bit more fire in the bellies.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]For 20 mins Morty.

Liverpool are better than the mancs this year. It''s the worst utd teams for yrs.

Would you rather us lose like we did yesterday and so many times this season or like stoke did today?

I know you''d rather win, we all would. But there''s losing where you can''t take any positives and there is losing when you can.

Today''s match reminds me of when we got humped by citeh 5-2 a couple of years ago.

We gave it a go. Nobody moaned and 99% stayed at the end to applaud the boys off.[/quote]Did you go yesterday, or are you just relying on match reports?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]CUSDP has a very good point , the pool team on the pitch today is vastly superior to the Man u team that beat us .[/quote]And? I have no doubt they would beat us too, what is your point exactly.(Lol, Stoke have just scored)

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]3-4 now bout 10 to incl inj time. great game.[/quote]To be fair, it is[Y]I still don''t wish we were Stoke though.

Mort, i suppose my point is that Stoke are showing a lot of the bottle and battle (3-5 now) that i like my team to show. win or lose.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Mort, i suppose my point is that Stoke are showing a lot of the bottle and battle (3-5 now) that i like my team to show. win or lose.[/quote]While I see what you''re saying, they still have nil points for their endeavour[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]For 20 mins Morty.

We gave it a go. Nobody moaned and 99% stayed at the end to applaud the boys off.[/quote]Did you go yesterday, or are you just relying on match reports?[/quote]

Watched the game yesterday like you did or are we not allows to pass judgement on games we watch on the tv?

Best I avoid the World Cup then.....

But back to my original point, a loss is a loss but when you give it a go you, as a fan appreciate that.

Stoke will not be downbeat after this today. They will take a lot of positives.

Stoke still goin for it , forcing a save last minute. If you''re gonna lose , lose the game , not your pride. Well played stoke.

Stoke gave it a real go and never gave up from the first minute. They''ve attacked with urgency, commitment and pressure and have been really unlucky. They''d have won this game were it not for bad luck. Something I wish we''d start f*cking doing rather than the dull cautious predictable cr*p we serve up 90% of the time.

[quote user="stoke canary"]How did we go on at Stoke ????[/quote]

Higher than us in the league and the so called "second most boring team in the league" have scored 9 goals more.

I don''t like Stoke but fair play today.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="stoke canary"]How did we go on at Stoke ????[/quote]

Higher than us in the league and the so called "second most boring team in the league" have scored 9 goals more.

I don''t like Stoke but fair play today.[/quote]

How did we go on at Stoke????

Agree with what most people are saying on here. Stoke fans will be proud of their team after that, they''ll be a positive atmosphere around the place going into their next game. We always roll and over give up after conceding which leads to negativity time and time again. Who could blame the team though? They know they''ll never get back into a game with these shockingly inept tactics. Jealous of Stoke....FFS, I hate this regime

I fully respect the fact that, like Morty says, at the end of the day they''ve achieve nil points.
But that''s not all footballs about, is it? We have, as others said, many a time applauded our team despite a loss because they showed grit, determination endeavour, and a willingness to try to win the game. There''s certainly no doubt in my mind that we''ve lost some of that under Hughton, which is a real shame.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

How did we go on at Stoke????

[/quote]We beat them 1-0.  Their only other home defeat of the season. I am not sure what single results have to do with anything.We are still below them in the league, and this while they are in a transitional season.

More ridiculous criticism.

When we put in spirited losing displays against Arsenal away and Chelsea at home for example I didn''t see many people on here saying that "we would take positives" from the defeats.

It was the usual non-stop barrage of negative criticism of our manager.

Neither am I Foggy. I just thought it was interesting that an answer was not forthcoming. Well done[Y]

It is not love that is blind, but jealousy