Sign in to follow this  
Canarychick

Canaries in the driving seat - can they do it?

Our team  are in pole position going into this week''s final game of the season.  Can they win their first away game of the season to stay in the Premiership?  I do hope so.  I know if they draw etc. etc. it may not be the end but a win would definitely see us playing in this super league next season

What do you all think?

We CAN do it and if all the city fans in the neutral end sing their hearts out it will boost the player''s confidence. C''MON CITY!!!

Of course we CAN - but the focus and drive from the team has to be far greater than we saw on sat when the effort levels were frankly appalling;

whether we will do it is very hard to see - my head says we probably will not.  We have not won away all season and I honestly see at least one of the bottom four winning.

WBA at home to Portsmouth is an almost guaranteed home win; pompey are poor at the moment an genuinely have nothing to play for - almost a home win banker.

Southampton - without Crouch they have no outlet for their route one football; ormerod is not as effective leading the line and soton dont have the guile to create footballing chances for a phillips/camara partnership against a still sound manure defence.  At best I see a draw

Palace - the question is will Johnson score?  While the addicks are in a very poor run of form they remain VERY organised and difficult to break down and I am not sure that palace can do that away from home.  Curbishley will have his side organised to nullify Johnson and I can see a 0-0 draw that leaves the table looking.

Palace      34

Soton       34

West Brom 34

Which means we HAVE to win.  Fulham are a bogey team and hardly looked lacking in fight against blackburn and very lively going forward.  If we take our attitude from the manure game we can win; if its the defensive minded lethargic birmingham version then we will lose.

Come on you yellows - lets see some serious attitude against fulham; and worthy an attacking bench being introduced with 15 mins to go if needed.

OTBC

I think we can win.

However if we play anywhere near like we did on Saturday we won''t win. We need everybody firing on all cylinders and in particular:

1. pass the ball better

2. close down the opposition better

3. defend higher up the pitch

4. have Damian Francis actually make a contribution rather than wafting around like a, well, a tumbleweed.

5. hope that Hux gets back to full fitness as he looked a bit tentative on saturday.

Fulham now in good form so this is a tough assignment.

Which Norwich will turn up? The side that beat Man Utd or the side we saw on Saturday?

Its odd is''t it, we are in poll position, therefore to some extent the pressure is off us as it is in our own hands. On the other side of the coin there is less pressure on the other teams, because they know we have to slip up otherwise a win is useless to them and we know we have to win. Mind you I would rather be in this position than Ipswichs!

I agree that on Saturday they looked like the season was over.  They MUST play ten times better than that on Sunday if we are to stay in this league

We know all this, i just hope Nigel and the boys do too

Our record is against us - not a win away all season, but if Worthy can for once get them all trying, then who knows? If we can convert more chances, have a midfield that tackles, and a defence which does not panic, then who knows?

If Fulham hve a lively right winger, then an exposed Drury may struggle as he did on Saturday.

A lot of "ifs",- the head says "no" on recent form, but the heart says "yes"