Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

A Quiz Question

In the Premier League what links Manchester United, Stoke City, Crystal Palace and Fulham?, and outside the premier league Barnsley

On a similar vain what links Burnley and the old Wembley?

(Think grounds)

Is it one of those things like their ground is not in the place that bears their name ?I know Old Trafford is not in Manchester, Selhurst not in CP, . So perhaps The Britannia is not in Stoke (Hanley, Burslem ?) Just as Grimsby''s ground is not in Grimsby, but Cleethorpes.Is Wembley not actually in Wembley. But I''m pretty sure Turf Moor is in Burnley, so perhaps I''m way off track on this.

Another stab in the dark Chancey.At the grounds mentioned, do the players emerge from the tunnel by a corner flag . They certainly do at OT, Selhurst and Portaloo.At Turf Moor, is it from behind a goal, as it was at the old Wembley ?

Thanks. Good question Chancey.Here''s another..... I don''t think it''s ever featured here before:Name all the teams in England Wales and Scotland (league teams only) whose name begins and ends with the same letter. For example, Liverpool.NB it must be the full name, so Celtic would not count as they are called Glasgow Celtic.

Newtown in Wales...

Alloa in Scotland...

can''t think of any other English ones though :(

[quote user="jb"]

Newtown in Wales...

Alloa in Scotland...

[/quote]I did say league clubs, and Newtown aren''t it.Alloa. good idea, but I think the full name is Alloa Athletic ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="jb"]

Newtown in Wales...

Alloa in Scotland...

[/quote]

I did say league clubs, and Newtown aren''t it.

Alloa. good idea, but I think the full name is Alloa Athletic ?
[/quote]

Ah, I think you''re right about Alloa, but re: Newtown - unless you''re counting the ''Association Football Club'' bit as part of the name, I beg to differ.  Scandal!  Hughton out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown_A.F.C.

:)

[quote user="jb"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="jb"]

Newtown in Wales...

Alloa in Scotland...

[/quote]I did say league clubs, and Newtown aren''t it.Alloa. good idea, but I think the full name is Alloa Athletic ?[/quote]

Ah, I think you''re right about Alloa, but re: Newtown - unless you''re counting the ''Association Football Club'' bit as part of the name, I beg to differ.  Scandal!  Hughton out!

[/quote]Sorry, JB. Perhaps I should have been clearer . I meant Football League teams in Wales (Cardiff Swansea and Newport) . Did not mean the Welsh League, but of course you are right if that IS included !When this question first started a few years ago, there was another team. Just forgotten who they were, but they went out of the league.

[quote user="jb"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="jb"]

Newtown in Wales...

Alloa in Scotland...

[/quote]

I did say league clubs, and Newtown aren''t it.

Alloa. good idea, but I think the full name is Alloa Athletic ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

and cheating further (using the ever-reliable Wikipedia), I also get Cwmbran Celtic, Newcastle Emlyn, and arguably Newport Young Men''s Christian Association (YMCA).  Go Wales!