Sign in to follow this  
killercanary29

jonas gutierrez tweet

"thanks for the messages. I enjoy my 5 years at the club, I hope the club finish the highest this season and the best to my team mates." he is going somewhere, don''t know where?

If he was to sign for us (has he even been linked?) then i believe that the board would be making their intentions re Hughton clear - you wouldn''t let him sign one of his former players if you were preparing to sack him

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Once Pilks is back (2 weeks) is it a winger we really need.[/quote]

We don''t need another winger without pace that''s for sure. I think a strong defensive midfielder with excellent passing ability and vision is what we need. We can''t keep the ball at the moment and it''s making our defence look terrible - which it isn''t, they just can''t play for 90 mins under the cosh.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 12/01/2014 3:26 PM:

I agree with you e4e. With Pilks and benno getting back to fitness we don''t need a winger.

Although in the summer I would sell those 2 and get someone better in.

I do hope your right about Pilks, I don''t think I have seen him fully fit all season, I wouldn''t put too much reliance on Benno or Pilks making a sustained contribution this season,hope I''m wrong!

[quote user="Vanwink"]can u sit down please wrote the following post at 12/01/2014 3:26 PM:

I agree with you e4e. With Pilks and benno getting back to fitness we don''t need a winger.

Although in the summer I would sell those 2 and get someone better in.

Hope that Jonas is on his way. Think we''ll do alright with him. Would much prefer a winger with no pace but that can deliver a decent ball rather than one with pace but cannot find his man when needed (Becks or Lennon). Sign him up.

I do hope your right about Pilks, I don''t think I have seen him fully fit all season, I wouldn''t put too much reliance on Benno or Pilks making a sustained contribution this season,hope I''m wrong![/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if we are after two wingers - those we have are either injured, not up to premier league standard, or are young and therefore still developing the required tactical nous.

You can bet there will be complaints whoever Hughton signs as he can do no right at the moment. However I think it''s been well documented for months that he is looking for another wide player. And one of the most constant critcisms on here all season has been the quality of balls into the box from wide areas. No brainer for me.

[quote user="Surfer"]I wouldn''t be surprised if we are after two wingers - those we have are either injured, not up to premier league standard, or are young and therefore still developing the required tactical nous.[/quote]It''s difficult to call, Surfer. Like many, I''d rather assumed that with the plethora of wide players in the squad this season, that there''d be no need to invest further resources in that area . With the acquisition of RvW and Hooper , a similar view prevailed . In fact originally, perhaps strengthening in MF to back up Fer was really cited as the only glaring need.But, as the season has worn on, more and more threads are suggesting that there is immediate need for major surgery in more and more areas. I suppose that with the non-event that this season has turned out to be, this was always likely. But it strikes me that this is opening up the real crux of our dilemma.At least one of the following must be the case;a ) Sadly the squad is really not up to PL standard, and that tactical genius CH has not been able to work his magic by having substandard goods to work with.b )  The squad assembled is basically very good, but CH is not getting the best out of it.It''s got to be one of those two. In either case, the time for action is now.Personally, I believe that there are more glaring deficiencies to this squad than one that could be addressed by Jonas Gutierrez, but , clearly, that''s just my opinion.

General Melchett wrote the following post at 12/01/2014 7:17 PM:

Gutierrez and Fer, Norfolk''s next comedy double act in the making, remember this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znYNhR2cSLg

Are you referring to the mask or the quality of the goal?

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 12/01/2014 7:51 PM:

Gutierrez is a hard B*stard and thats what we need!

Why? You can''t breath on a player without giving away a free kick!

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Once Pilks is back (2 weeks) is it a winger we really need.[/quote]

Yeah cause pilks will be out injured after 2 weeks.

He''s made of glass

Plus he can replace that cart horse snodgrass

[quote user="JF"]jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 12/01/2014 7:51 PM:

Gutierrez is a hard B*stard and thats what we need!

Why? You can''t breath on a player without giving away a free kick![/quote]because he will get his foot in and wont get waltzed past like the pansies we have already!Man utd have Fellaini, Newcastle have Tioti, Man City have Toure... Ball winners and players who dont get bossed around...We''ve "laid back Leroy" and "Softy Snoddy".... i''ll just quake in my boots over here shall I?

Think you will find our player that does that is Johnson.

To buy a wide midfielder guaranteed to score more goals than Pilkington would cost a lot. Redmond is back up on the left, I''m quite happy with him.

Buying Gutierrez is not addressing our real issues however capable he may or may not be.

[quote user="Benny Hill"]Gutierrez is way too slow. What we need is a #10 who knows when to feed Wolfie/Hooper.[/quote]

We already have that and I hope he''s not going to be sold. What we rally need is a strong defensive midfielder who has excellent passing ability and can start all our attacking moves off. At the moment we can''t keep the ball and that is making our defence look worse than it actually is. No defence can play 90 minutes under the cosh.

[quote user="JF"]Think you will find our player that does that is Johnson.[/quote]sorry? when did Johnson ever get stuck in? there seems to be a myth about him being a ball winner.

Mr General. Who is our #10?

Fer and Tettey are exellent defensive midfielders, we don''t need another one. You seem to think like Hughton, way too defensive. Our goalscoring is horrible and we are in the danger zone, agreed? OTBC