Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Hughton out - yes or no

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]An easy journey to and from Everton yesterday, always welcome in January. Significantly fewer yellows on the road. We only passed three official coaches on the A1 and at the ground big empty sections in the elevated rear part of the away section.[/quote]Morty, you were querying (not in an antagonistic way) my comment a week or so back about reports of markedly lower NCFC support at away games. This seems to be another example.[/quote]Depends on the point you are trying to make I guess.Long away trip, broke after Christmas? There could be several reasons really, couldn''t there?I was at Palace, and we had a good following there.

I say palace is a close game compared to Everton. I don''t think people have the same enthusiasm on the road anymore.

Last two trips to Everton have been in nov and feb and we took more to them.

I salute anyone who goes away!

My feeling is that away support is somewhat lower this season. However, the club is helping by reducing ticket prices or by providing free coaches for certain matches which must help to underpin numbers.

We sold out at Palace but tickets were discounted. In contrast tickets were full price yesterday and as Morty suggests post- Christmas finances and distance were also disincentives to travel.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I say palace is a close game compared to Everton. I don''t think people have the same enthusiasm on the road anymore.

Last two trips to Everton have been in nov and feb and we took more to them.

I salute anyone who goes away![/quote]There was always going to be a dip after the last few seasons, regardless of team performance. I don''t know how long you have been going, but has there been many times you have gone away, and totally expected to win?The dip can be explained in lots of ways, people don''t have the cash, and also for a lot of younger fans there is the novelty of going away to the big grounds for the first time, and less so if you have now already been there.

"Vanwink"

I can obviously see where your coming from Herman, just a bit surprised that it was this straw that broke the camels back for you, we have been far worse away from home than yesterday.

Undoubtedly not our worst away performance, I have simply got to the stage where I can''t be rrsed with the hoping that it will change, we will get better or that Hughton will learn. Grinned and beared/bore it for ages, clinging on to the fence with the remains of my fingernails and just had enough.

OUT ,but not malky too similar, another vote for glen hoddle best england manager for some time and plays attacking football

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Hughton In. I''ll explain.

An easy journey to and from Everton yesterday, always welcome in January. Significantly fewer yellows on the road. We only passed three official coaches on the A1 and at the ground big empty sections in the elevated rear part of the away section.

To comment on Herman''s and Vanwwink''s observations. Quite a different feel to that of our visit to Spurs. I think the overall emotion yesterday was that of resignation whereas at Spurs there seemed to be more frustration.

I think you have to remember it was the hard core yesterday who are very much used to no (or only partial) shows away under the current management team. Credit to the group who sang for the entire 90 minutes, quite how many renditions of ''Follow, Follow, Follow'' they managed was impressive. Lost voices today I suspect.

So yesterday it seemed to me that the predominant feeling was that of resignation rather than frustration. A few shouts by one or two individual at the final whistle but that''s all. In contrast, at Spurs it was a larger group, expectations were higher - especially given the results in the previous two seasons, and some of the larger Spurs group presumably had not experienced life on the road as frequently under the current management team as the group yesterday.

Just a couple of points on the football, this has been much debated already. Essentially there seemed to be little or no spark in the team (Snodgrass and Johnson excepted). I didn''t at any point think the Holt on Bassong goals of previous years stood any chance of being repeated. Also there must be a concern about RvW, one good shot but otherwise struggled to hold or win the ball. He badly needs a goal.

So why Hughton in? In my view, our fate is more closely linked to a successful transfer window than to any other factor. Another CB, RB and CM are needed as a minimum. We will not attract the quality we need if we are in the process of replacing our management team. However, I fear we are nearing the endgame of our current PL chapter, we can only but hope that with some new arrivals, the returners and some luck we crawl over the line. I would say that Hull is a must win match but no doubt would be heavily critiqued for that observation. So I''ll leave it at that.[/quote]I was at the game yesterday and this sums it up for me- a sense of resignation, nobody really expecting a win. There was a big expanse of empty seating to one side of us so not sold out but it is a long journey. I''m going to Fulham on Tuesday (which I don''t imagine will be sold out) but I think a better indication would be how many we take to games like Villa and Southampton.

I''m more or less out now, but, changing a manger is always a gamble. Palace seem to have improved under Pulis, barring yesterday, and Sunderland seem to have improved under Poyet. On the other hand, and its VERY early days, but Cardiff failed to get anything against a very poor West Ham under Solskjaer and West Brom haven''t picked up under Mel.

I''m not saying changing a manager is the answer, but surely with the squad we have, we shouldn''t be playing as badly as we are and not picking up points?

"On the other hand, and its VERY early days, but Cardiff failed to get anything against a very poor West Ham under Solskjaer and West Brom haven''t picked up under Mel."

Solskjaer''s been in charge of Cardiff for 10 days and Mel hasn''t even been at the helm for 1 game yet.

Strewth.

A very,very disappointing performance from all our players yesterday but sacking the manager in the middle of the transfer window could be a big mistake.

What quality player would be persuaded to come to Norwich if the manager has just been sacked?

Whatever targets we''re after have obviously been identified and work going on behind the scenes to bring in fresh talent and it won''''t help to sack the manageri at this point in time.

Ask the question at the beginning of February.

[quote user="kirku"]"On the other hand, and its VERY early days, but Cardiff failed to get anything against a very poor West Ham under Solskjaer and West Brom haven''t picked up under Mel."

Solskjaer''s been in charge of Cardiff for 10 days and Mel hasn''t even been at the helm for 1 game yet.

Strewth.[/quote]

I did say it was VERY early days. I would''ve expected a lift early on and didnt predict a defeat to a terrible West Ham for Cardiff. I thought Mel had taken charge for one game. Apologies if not. Like I said early days, but you do usually see an improvement. I''m worried these teams will kick start their seasons with a new manager, and we''ll stand still.

Out

I do not want a manager at our club who doesn''t try and win football matches (and comes out and admits it)

I''m not rabidly anti-Hughton but do think he''s not really the right man for the job. We''re never going to improve under him and I think every season and every game has a nervy defeatist approach. Hughton out and Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche in. If we want more experienced managers, Coppell or Curbishley.

No again although it doesn''t mean I''m happy with the situation!

Yesterday if we''d of took our chances and Barry not scored one of the best goals of his career we''d of won. Thats not Hughtons fault!

I''m still convinced noone else would get anymore out of our squad, and Malkys not got a magic wand like some fans think he''d have!

[quote user="kingsway"]Yesterday if we''d of took our chances and Barry not scored one of the best goals of his career we''d of won.[/quote]Sorry, but if Everton had taken each of their chances as well (and even if Barry or Mirallas hadn''t scored top goals) we''d have still lost by about 7-2...No matter how you try to spin it, Everton were easily the better side throughout, and apart from a brief spell near the end where we finally put a bit of pressure on them, they were comfortable over the whole game and rightly deserved the win (and probably a couple more goals in the process)...

It''s a yes from me. It gotten to the point where I''m not adverse to the new manager gamble. It''s looking likely enough that we''ll be close to relegation to make it worth the risk IMO.

I don''t think it''s going to happen though.

Canary call, this board other boards after the game yesterday the vast majority are now outers. McNally time to act before it''s to late.

Bury the hatchet and get the Messiah back

"Bury the hatchet and get the Messiah back"

No thanks. I''d never take him back after he walked out on us, and he''s not doing very well at villa anyway.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Canary call, this board other boards after the game yesterday the vast majority are now outers....[/quote]Haha! [:D]