Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Hughton out - yes or no

Its too late to sack him in my opinion. Unless there is a fantastic manager, sat waiting and available I think we are going to have to stick with Hughton until the end of the season and address the issue then.It might not be pretty, but Hughton, in my opinion, can still do just about enough to keep us up.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Have you always dug your heels in Ricardo?[/quote]I have no vested interest in Hughton one way or the other. As I have always explained I believe a manager will live and die by the results achieved and Hughton is no different. What I am arguing against is those who think it''s a panacea for all our problems without being to point to anything other than anecdote (ie Harry Houdini etc). When you actually look at the statistics there is no evidence whatsoever to show changing a manager improves your fortunes.I know a lot will rail against this but at the end of the season you will see who has been correct.[/quote]Eh ? Whether or not we change our manager we''ll never know.

[quote user="morty"]Its too late to sack him in my opinion. Unless there is a fantastic manager, sat waiting and available I think we are going to have to stick with Hughton until the end of the season and address the issue then.It might not be pretty, but Hughton, in my opinion, can still do just about enough to keep us up.

[/quote]

I rest my case

"Palace and Sunderland sacked their managers after 5 or 6 game losing runs, Spurs was much shorter. In each case did you think that sort of form would continue forever? It was inevitable that they would return to a more normal return with or without the sackings."

Sunderland and Palace were hopeless under Di Canio and Holloway. Do I think they''d be in the same position if they''d stuck by them? No.

You don''t think a manager has any meaningful impact on results but that utterly flies against conventional wisdom.

At this point, I''d say that it''s worth twisting rather than sticking. You''re welcome to disagree but I just don''t see how Hughton can turn it around.

We can offer conjecture on all of the permutations but it will remain just that- conjecture.

I have to say that I have always thought we should stick with Hughton, but this is becoming harder and harder to do.  I am staying in the NO camp for the time being, but only by a thread.  And I guess that it is becoming harder for McNally and the board to stick by their man. 

I have to say that I think that he has been very unlucky with injuries. Elliot Bennett first game of the season, Bassong and Hooper not starting the season, RVW''s toe injury, Tettey getting a knee injury when he looked like he was regaining some of his best form, Howson when he was playing well, Turner ''s hamstring, Pilkingtons poor injury record looking no better this season.  I would really like to see us putting together a run of 4 or 5 games with all of the above fit and available.  But that is making excuses, we should still have the players to compete and where we lack the players we would like, we need to adapt tatically.  We simply having done this.

So tin hat on, but happy to join the ranks this time next week if nothing has changed.

"I know a lot will rail against this but at the end of the season you will see who has been correct."

How?

We''ll never know who was correct; sacked or not, relegated or not.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"]Its too late to sack him in my opinion. Unless there is a fantastic manager, sat waiting and available I think we are going to have to stick with Hughton until the end of the season and address the issue then.It might not be pretty, but Hughton, in my opinion, can still do just about enough to keep us up.

[/quote]

I rest my case[/quote]Explain?Give us some of your extensive football knowledge and insightful analysis please.Tell me who your choice of manager is, and why he will be an improvement on Hughton.I await with baited breath.

I have not deviated in any way from being an outer since October when he should of been sacked along with his clueless double act. I fear it is probably too late unless the board can pull a Southampton style cat out of the bag.

"Tell me who your choice of manager is, and why he will be an improvement on Hughton."

This is the problem.

I agree that we aren''t progressing under Hughton and that he doesn''t seem to know how to turn it around. So, in theory, I''m in the ''out'' camp.

But- who is a realistic candidate? One who is clearly superior to Hughton? He possibly exists but I''ve no idea who it is.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"]Its too late to sack him in my opinion. Unless there is a fantastic manager, sat waiting and available I think we are going to have to stick with Hughton until the end of the season and address the issue then.It might not be pretty, but Hughton, in my opinion, can still do just about enough to keep us up.

[/quote]

I rest my case[/quote]Explain?Give us some of your extensive football knowledge and insightful analysis please.Tell me who your choice of manager is, and why he will be an improvement on Hughton.I await with baited breath.[/quote]

I think you know where I stand on a replacement. No matter how bad it gets you spout they same old sh@t

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Have you always dug your heels in Ricardo?[/quote]I have no vested interest in Hughton one way or the other. As I have always explained I believe a manager will live and die by the results achieved and Hughton is no different. What I am arguing against is those who think it''s a panacea for all our problems without being to point to anything other than anecdote (ie Harry Houdini etc). When you actually look at the statistics there is no evidence whatsoever to show changing a manager improves your fortunes.I know a lot will rail against this but at the end of the season you will see who has been correct.[/quote]Eh ? Whether or not we change our manager we''ll never know.[/quote]We already know. The stats tell us that.Five teams have swapped so far, if us and WHam follow suit it will be seven. They can''t all be right.

[quote user="kirku"]"Tell me who your choice of manager is, and why he will be an improvement on Hughton."

This is the problem.

I agree that we aren''t progressing under Hughton and that he doesn''t seem to know how to turn it around. So, in theory, I''m in the ''out'' camp.

But- who is a realistic candidate? One who is clearly superior to Hughton? He possibly exists but I''ve no idea who it is.[/quote]Which is the point of my post above. If people can get past their prejudice, I''m not actually backing Hughton, what I am saying is that making a change, just for the sake of it, isn''t the answer.And I can''t think of any candidates either, a knee jerk appointment of a recently sacked ex player really isn''t the answer.And anyone who says "Well he can''t do any worse than Hughton" is just a tool.

[quote user="kirku"]"I know a lot will rail against this but at the end of the season you will see who has been correct."

How?

We''ll never know who was correct; sacked or not, relegated or not.[/quote]I refer you to my answer above.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="morty"]Its too late to sack him in my opinion. Unless there is a fantastic manager, sat waiting and available I think we are going to have to stick with Hughton until the end of the season and address the issue then.It might not be pretty, but Hughton, in my opinion, can still do just about enough to keep us up.

[/quote]

I rest my case[/quote]Explain?Give us some of your extensive football knowledge and insightful analysis please.Tell me who your choice of manager is, and why he will be an improvement on Hughton.I await with baited breath.[/quote]

I think you know where I stand on a replacement. No matter how bad it gets you spout they same old sh@t[/quote]Lambert?Thats your answer?You really are a brainless idiot.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]It''s convenient that the Inners used to say we need to give him more time, and now it''s too late. Ridiculous.[/quote]Too late with 17 games left.OK best we all cut our throats tonight.

It''s interesting how aggressive the few remaining apologists are getting tonight clearly they know the game is up but just can''t admit they have been wrong all this time. A bit of humility is now appropriate I think

[quote user="Houston Canary"]It''s convenient that the Inners used to say we need to give him more time, and now it''s too late. Ridiculous.[/quote]Too late for those who haven''t been able to hold their nerve.  That is all.  The team have the time and matches to get the points we need.  The manager will have better players coming back from injury.  Its going to be a battle - then it always was going to be a battle.  Time to keep the nerve.   Unless you''ve lost that already.

"Which is the point of my post above. If people can get past their prejudice, I''m not actually backing Hughton, what I am saying is that making a change, just for the sake of it, isn''t the answer."

I agree.

But I believe there is a better option than Hughton- I just don''t know who it is.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Have you always dug your heels in Ricardo?[/quote]I have no vested interest in Hughton one way or the other. As I have always explained I believe a manager will live and die by the results achieved and Hughton is no different. What I am arguing against is those who think it''s a panacea for all our problems without being to point to anything other than anecdote (ie Harry Houdini etc). When you actually look at the statistics there is no evidence whatsoever to show changing a manager improves your fortunes.I know a lot will rail against this but at the end of the season you will see who has been correct.[/quote]Eh ? Whether or not we change our manager we''ll never know.[/quote]We already know. The stats tell us that.Five teams have swapped so far, if us and WHam follow suit it will be seven. They can''t all be right.[/quote]Looking at every Club then of course they can''t all be right but I was thinking specifically about NCFC. Whether we get rid of or keep our present manager it will be impossible to tell whether or not the decision made a difference to our final League position. We can only guess.

"Five teams have swapped so far, if us and WHam follow suit it will be seven. They can''t all be right."

Yes they can. Or they can all be wrong. Or any mix of the two.

Does that mean that if Palace and Sunderland get relegated then they were ''wrong''?

[quote user="ricardo"]We already know. The stats tell us that.[/quote]The studies you reference have an extremely limited scope and are not half as convincing as you seem to think they are. I''m unsure that you''ve actually read them.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]It''s interesting how aggressive the few remaining apologists are getting tonight clearly they know the game is up but just can''t admit they have been wrong all this time. A bit of humility is now appropriate I think[/quote]

Attack the messenger, you have no answer to the message.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="ricardo"]We already know. The stats tell us that.[/quote]The studies you reference have an extremely limited scope and are not half as convincing as you seem to think they are. I''m unsure that you''ve actually read them.[/quote]It''s almost certain that you haven''t

There''s nerve and there''s stupidity. I''m not jumping out of the trench into a sea of machine gun fire to show my nerve. I''m working out a new strategy. But then I''m not stupid.