Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Hughton out - yes or no

Change is overdue of course however dismissal is the fool easy bit, frying pans and fires.My stance has always been ''next one please'' but the more desperate it becomes then quick swop fades into a quick drop.

[quote user="ricardo"]Laughable, some of you are in and out more often than a Cuckoo Clock.If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.  [/quote]

This is as silly a statement as I''ve seen. As others have said, of course it''s relevant. If it wasn''t then why even have a manager?

I wanted Hughton out after game 10, and it was plainly obvious he wasn''t up to the standard we required, but too many people wrongly supported him and his way of "playing." But it''s too late now, as there isn''t enough time and games have passed that a new guy could have got points from.

I fully expect and have accepted, we will likely be back in The Championship next season.

[quote user="ricardo"]Laughable, some of you are in and out more often than a Cuckoo Clock.If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.  [/quote]So the players are just 5hit then and there''s no need for a manager at all?

I think the evidence over the last 12 months or so must mean that Chris Hughton''s days are numbered. We just don''t look as though we are in control of games anymore.We seem to lurch from the odd win, to a draw or two but sandwiched between too many defeats. We need a new manager to give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up.I listened to Canary Call with '' kiss of death '' summariser Bryan Gunn and even he seemed to imply that the game''s up for Hughton. He couldn''t actually say so on air of course....

Should have been out long ago. Sacking him now would not guarantee survival, the decision has been left too late really.

His team selections of late have been kicks in the teeth for players who have played well.

Wes Hoolahan was man of the match against Cardiff and he was dropped next match.

Russell Martin played his best match of the season against Man U and the next match he was dropped next match.

David Fox was our man of the match against Fulham last week and he is dropped today.

Where is the incentive for players to give their all and play well if their reward for man of the match performances is to be axed next match?

I can think of nothing more certain to demotivate players.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Its a difficult one.If there is someone out there who is a step up on Hughton that McNally can appoint then yes.If the other choice is someone like Malky, Hoddle, Clarke, Jol then no, i would wait until the summer.[/quote]Exactly this.The board have some careful thinking to do.

I thought Gunny spoke well. I think it maybe wishful thinking on your part Smithy to say that he implied the game was up for Hughton. But what really warmed the cockles of my heart was the fact that through it all he can''t hide how much he loves the club and how much he is still a fan. Comes across far better in that regard than Butler or Goreham...

[quote user="ricardo"] .......If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.  [/quote]That''s your opinion Ricardo but we''ll never know that whether he stays or goes will we ?I accept that a change of manager often makes no difference to a team''s fortunes but I think many would agree that we''ve reached a point where a change will do more good than harm.Irrelevant or not  to our final position I''d just like to start enjoying watching games again.

I''m still waiting to hear which of the four teams who changed manager and lost today made the right decision.You might think Poyet proves the point. You could equally argue that Fat Sam proves it the other way. Results will regress to the mean, it''s hardly a surprise.The sentiment on this board goes up and down with the results, it''s all a little pathetic.

So Nutty, Gunn comes across as loving the club more than Butler and Goreham.

Your opinion of course but my opinion is that it is a disgraceful thing to say. As usual I won''t give an explanation. Work it our for yourself.

[quote user="ricardo"]The sentiment on this board goes up and down with the results, it''s all a little pathetic.[/quote]No, Ricardo. What, however, IS pathetic is the ever decreasing band of numpties who are prepared to fiddle while Rome burns, and sit on their hands while this fine club plummets into the Championship.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"] .......If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.  [/quote]That''s your opinion Ricardo but we''ll never know that whether he stays or goes will we ?I accept that a change of manager often makes no difference to a team''s fortunes but I think many would agree that we''ve reached a point where a change will do more good than harm.Irrelevant or not  to our final position I''d just like to start enjoying watching games again.

[/quote]Going or staying won''t alter that. You''re just fed up with being in a league where you are fighting for survival.The Championship might suit your taste better.

"I''m still waiting to hear which of the four teams who changed manager and lost today made the right decision."

Have Palace improved under Pulis? Sunderland under Poyet? Spurs under Sherwood?

Basing it all on today is a little odd. Not to mention Solskjaer has barely started and the Spanish fella hasn''t.

"Wait till the summer?" What if more managers who "tickle your fancy" don''t become available?

"What expectations do some have?" At present and most of this season. None. That''s the problem.

"People have always been against him". People wanted him to be given 10 games minimum. It''s now passed 20. What has improved this season to stay positive or behind the manager?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]The sentiment on this board goes up and down with the results, it''s all a little pathetic.[/quote]No, Ricardo. What, however, IS pathetic is the ever decreasing band of numpties who are prepared to fiddle while Rome burns, and sit on their hands while this fine club plummets into the Championship.[/quote]Best you protest at the next home game Reg, it usually does the trick. I''ve seen more than my share of managers come and go to know whats coming next.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]So Nutty, Gunn comes across as loving the club more than Butler and Goreham.

Your opinion of course but my opinion is that it is a disgraceful thing to say. As usual I won''t give an explanation. Work it our for yourself.[/quote]

Why is it a disgraceful thing to say? That''s how he comes over to me. That''s how he comes over when I''ve met him. If you like I''ll list all the things that Gunny has done for tyhe club. I''ll list all the games where he has sent me home with a smile on my face. Then you can list the resons why you feel Butler and Goreham love the club more.

[quote user="kirku"]"I''m still waiting to hear which of the four teams who changed manager and lost today made the right decision."

Have Palace improved under Pulis? Sunderland under Poyet? Spurs under Sherwood?

Basing it all on today is a little odd. Not to mention Solskjaer has barely started and the Spanish fella hasn''t.[/quote]Palace and Sunderland sacked their managers after 5 or 6 game losing runs, Spurs was much shorter. In each case did you think that sort of form would continue forever? It was inevitable that they would return to a more normal return with or without the sackings.

Out for me, after much deliberation.Ricardo I dont nesscarilly think that a new manager will bring better results, in all honesty I''m not sure I care that much as I do actually tend to agree with you that clubs have there ups and downs but tend to settle at a mean, namely in our case somewhere between top 10 championship and bottom 10 premiership. What I do want to do is enjoy watching Norwich play more than I am atm, its rigid, turgid stuff. Its my entertainment, and at the moment its not that entertaining. You must agree that regardless of results its been dire to watch at time? With this in mind Id rather have a new manager in, someone who brings some spark to the team. The likely hood is we will be relegated in the next few years, I hope we dont but I think the odds are against us. I would just rather see a team burn out in a trail of goals than fade away with 2-0 losses and 31% possession. Some will call that an immature approach to football, but tbh, no one pays 30 quid to go and see a 0-0 draw.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"] .......If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.  [/quote]That''s your opinion Ricardo but we''ll never know that whether he stays or goes will we ?I accept that a change of manager often makes no difference to a team''s fortunes but I think many would agree that we''ve reached a point where a change will do more good than harm.Irrelevant or not  to our final position I''d just like to start enjoying watching games again.

[/quote]Going or staying won''t alter that. You''re just fed up with being in a league where you are fighting for survival.The Championship might suit your taste better.[/quote]I''m fed up with fighting for survival with no flair. I''ve been following this outfit for almost 50 years so I''ve seen a fair amount of c*ap football in my time as you have. Most of the lean times funnily enough co-incided with the poor players we had at the time. Aren''t we a bit better than that now ?Last season was Chris Hughton''s first and it was fair that he be given a fair chance to try to survive with the players he inherited. Close call but we did it. Now that the manager has brought in better quality players of his own he should be making a more entertaining fist of it. Progress doesn''t just have to be reflected in League position.Is that such an unreasonable hope ?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Have you always dug your heels in Ricardo?[/quote]I have no vested interest in Hughton one way or the other. As I have always explained I believe a manager will live and die by the results achieved and Hughton is no different. What I am arguing against is those who think it''s a panacea for all our problems without being to point to anything other than anecdote (ie Harry Houdini etc). When you actually look at the statistics there is no evidence whatsoever to show changing a manager improves your fortunes.I know a lot will rail against this but at the end of the season you will see who has been correct.

[quote user="Fergodsake"]Out for me, after much deliberation.Ricardo I dont nesscarilly think that a new manager will bring better results, in all honesty I''m not sure I care that much as I do actually tend to agree with you that clubs have there ups and downs but tend to settle at a mean, namely in our case somewhere between top 10 championship and bottom 10 premiership. What I do want to do is enjoy watching Norwich play more than I am atm, its rigid, turgid stuff. Its my entertainment, and at the moment its not that entertaining. You must agree that regardless of results its been dire to watch at time? With this in mind Id rather have a new manager in, someone who brings some spark to the team. The likely hood is we will be relegated in the next few years, I hope we dont but I think the odds are against us. I would just rather see a team burn out in a trail of goals than fade away with 2-0 losses and 31% possession. Some will call that an immature approach to football, but tbh, no one pays 30 quid to go and see a 0-0 draw. [/quote]The answer to your problem is right in front of your eyes.