Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Hughton out - yes or no

[quote user="yoda"]Nothing has changed in 2 months,the board need to send him packing and get on the blower to Glen Hoddle.[/quote]I can guarantee you there is no chance of Hoddle coming to Norwich. (That said, someone said AVB on another thread!)Mackay is a good option - Although after Gunn going for another club legend to get us out of a relegation fight fills me with dread. Zola would give no real guarantee of an improvement.What realistic candidates are out there that can really improve us, but would come to Norwich in the first place?

[quote user="ricardo"]We should do what the five teams who have changed their manager have done.That should do the trick.Oh wait! four of them lost todayAnd the fifth one was playing one of those anyway.Yep, it works a treat doesn''t it?

Anybody who thinks it will make the slightest difference is deluding themselves.[/quote]

Maybe that''s because Cardiff and Fulham were stupid enough to appoint an inexperienced (and average) manager and an Assistant respectively. The guy at West Brom hasn''t had a chance yet and Palace are doing well to get anything under Pulis, they we''re playing Spurs today ffs. Anybody who thinks bringing sticking with Hughton is the best thing for this club is deluding themselves

I''d be willing to throw my hat in with the yes crowd but for the fact I just can''t see anyone out there right now who is available and presented an improvement.

[quote user="yoda"]Nothing has changed in 2 months,the board need to send him packing and get on the blower to Glen Hoddle.[/quote]Nothing has changed in two seasons (tactics wise)Hughton Out!

He''s shown no willingness over the past 12 months to change his one dimensional cautious approach when it clearly hasn''t worked. Why play two strikers today with zero creatvite spark in Midfield and leave our most creative outlet on the bench for the duration? We need a change of approach. Hughton Out now for me.

Laughable, some of you are in and out more often than a Cuckoo Clock.If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position. 

[quote user="ricardo"]Laughable, some of you are in and out more often than a Cuckoo Clock.If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.  [/quote]Do you really think one manager cannot do better than another ? Poyet is doing well at Sunderland .I really believe you defend your position whether you know you are wrong or not or else you really have lost the plot.

Tuchel girard Malky hoddle Howe Clark avb jol di matteo bergkamp van Basten phelan Zola bielsa klinsmann phelan Lennon guidolin montella rangnick.

Already missed out on solskjaer poyet and sherwood.

Before people dismiss some names as unrealistic, if Swansea can get Laudrup we can get the high profile names.

The statistics are now as follows, with last season''s in brackets:Points per game: 0.95 (1.157).Goals scored per game: 0.81 (1.078).Goals conceded per game: 1.666 (1.526).If this continued we would finish on 36 points (44 points) with a -32 goal difference (-17).

My heart says keep him, it goes against the grain to not support the man at the helm.

My head says, he hasn''t got it right, I don''t see it changing, it''s the lack of hope that is killing me.

Out :-(

Yes.

But it is probably too late.

McNally and Bowkett failure. He needed to go much earlier for the new man to bring the right players in this window.

Malky Mackay is probably the only option, he may know enough about our team already to make some decisions in this window.

[quote user="ricardo"]If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position.[/quote]

What''s your reasoning behind this?

The problem is can u sit down please, is that at this point we will need somebody who knows what we are about.

How can an alien manager come in and assess the squad and bring in players in less than three weeks?

Malky and Clark may know a little having played against us and been active in this league. Jol is a carbon copy of Hughton.

Is too late to bring a manager in from outside of the country or outside of this league.

[quote user="ricardo"]Laughable, some of you are in and out more often than a Cuckoo Clock.

If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position. 
[/quote]

So the manager has no influence over results? Might as well just get them off the payroll then and let the lads just have a kick about how they see fit.

Please don''t trot out some statistics that show how some clubs still get relegated after changing manager, because they are completely meaningless. We have no way of knowing what would have happened if those managers had stayed, the relegated teams could have stayed up or still been relegated but with even fewer points than they actually achieved.

As you say, 5 of the teams down there with us have changed manager, at a minimum, 2 of them will think they''ve made the right decision come May, I''ll bet it will be a minimum of 3 if we don''t join that list.

WBA have brought the Spanish fella in from outside the Prem. Solskjaer at Cardiff too.

Wouldn''t opposed to a foreign appointment as there really aren''t many suitable English/British options.

"If he goes or stays will be irrelevant to our final position"

Do you know how much of an idiot you sound every time you say this Ricardo?

I''m not saying that I don''t say some idiotic things, but can''t you see what Poyet has done at Sunderland?

Are you honestly saying that they would have as many points under Di Canio?

Out, results since 01.01.13 just not good enough & football poor to watch with players losing confidence and seemingly being stifled from performing as they could / should.

For me the coaching Houghton is not helped by his choice of coaching staff as a contributing factor to the lack of delivery.

As for replacement, Mike Phelan would be my choice with a remit to keep us up this season and build for the future from top to bottom.

Now it''s time - Nice chap but he''s got to go.

Out now before he spends any more money.

Malky for me, even if we go down.

To me, Hughton has now had a season & a half to prove he is up to it but he has failed to do that.We''re going downhill faster than a bobsleigh team and I don''t think there is any evidence or hope that he can put the brakes on and turn it around.The whole thing is falling to pieces - player by player, game by game, week by week.We have 2 choices - stick with a one trick pony & carry on in the same vein or twist and try something different.If there is there just slightest chance that things might get better with someone else then we have to take that chance now.

If Hughton remains in charge, which I think he will, next weeks game will be huge. These meltdowns on here only happen when we lose away and unfortunately for those who are adamant they want him out that''s not been against teams around us. Six points between the bottom 12 is surely unprecedented and we''re right in the middle of it.

If the board don''t think we''ll beat Hull next week then they should take action. If they think we will beat them then they should leave Hughton in his job.

To add to my earlier thoughts - People keep saying results haven''t been good enough. I would ask what were peoples expectations?My expectations at the start of the season were that we would finish 14-16th, and survive by circa 4-5 points. So currently we sit pretty much in line with where I thought we would be.You can certainly argue with the style of play, the lack of fight on several occasions, and the all round lack of excitement that watching Norwich entails. But given their are five teams below us you can certainly argue that results have been good enough considering our main aim is to avoid relegation (Although obviously results have not been overwhelming..)

[quote user="lake district canary"]No.  At this stage there is no point. 

[/quote]Gawd, Lakey, you don''t half spout some bollox.Earlier today you were rabbiting on about "the power of positive thought" and how you only look on a progressive basis, and other psychbabble.But the above statement is about the most negative one I''ve ever seen. What effectively you are saying is that the die is cast, whatever we do, it''ll make no difference. A change in manager is a waste of time.Just explain  to me what exactly is positive about that ??

Its a difficult one.If there is someone out there who is a step up on Hughton that McNally can appoint then yes.If the other choice is someone like Malky, Hoddle, Clarke, Jol then no, i would wait until the summer.