Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Holtby

Spurs might let him go, as he''s not guaranteed first team football.

He''s played a bit for them this season and has looked good. Particularly good engine and pass on him.

Could he be the answer next to Fer in the midfield whilst Howson is absent? 3 month loan, he gets some more premiership football and a great platform to perform on and we get a great player for a bit.

Let''s be honest, we need to have gotten most of our points by the start of April anyway.

Was wondering exactly the same thing myself JS.

Spurs have got an awful lot of central midfielders - Eriksen, Siggurdson, Sandro, Dembele, Holtby, Paulinho, Bentaleb and Capoue.

Can''t help feeling that at least one of them must be surplus to their requirements and Holtby would appear to be the most likely.

If we''re being linked to players like Gutierrez, we''ve no chance of pulling this kind of signing out of the bag.

If this was even a vague possibility we''d have to be interested.As much improvement as Howson has made recently, a midfield three of Tettey, Fer and Holtby would be up there with the top sides IMHO.Problem is that even if we DID sign Holtby, Hughton would ask him to defend all game rather than use the ball playing and attacking attributes he possesses...

What about Hughton''s "big list of Spurs contacts?"

Surely if they want to give Lewis the best exposure to premiership football, they should give him to a manager they know they can trust to do the best for him and Hughton supposedly has that respect from Tottenham.

Come on Spurs, give us your man!

he has quite a lot of  family here in Norfolk I personally think he would be interested but I think bigger teams will be in for him

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lets be blunt we are not shopping in that type of market[/quote]

What''s that? The good players market?

Who''s his norfolk family? I thought he was German?

His father is English ( Liverpool )  his cousins and fathers family live just outside Norwich his cousin is engaged to my niece :-)

I don''t get how people are so certain he wouldn''t come here (do you have inside knowledge-no you don''t)We have strong Newcastle & Spurs ties, and coming to us wouldn''t threaten Spurs'' season at all.As has been said, coming here would give him mire experience and with a manager SPurs can trustWould be a great addition

I don''t get how people are so certain he wouldn''t come here (do you have inside knowledge-no you don''t). We have strong Newcastle & Spurs ties, and coming to us wouldn''t threaten Spurs'' season at all.As has been said, coming here would give him mire experience and with a manager SPurs can trust. Would be a great addition.

Would love to see Holtby. We would certainly give him "mire" experience as you put it! LOL

Not a fan of loan players..unless we have the option to extend or buy but for holtby as for mata, i''d make an exception., german international. playin for us alongside our cloggy and our fjordmonger...if only. Then we''d really have options in midfield.

I don''t get how people are so certain he wouldn''t come here (do you have

inside knowledge-no you don''t). We have strong Newcastle & Spurs

ties, and coming to us wouldn''t threaten Spurs'' season at all.As has

been said, coming here would give him mire experience and with a manager

SPurs can trust. Would be a great addition.

Would love to see Holtby. We would certainly give him "mire" experience as you put it! LOLWolf-at least I didn''t say we''d give him "dire" experience!!!!