Sign in to follow this  
rowdyman

head not heart can we survive ?

Going by your head not heart can City survive, i think not, we cant win away for love or money, we never look like causing an upset of any sort, we are not beating teams around us, too many draws rather than wins and i dont think Hughton has anything new to give as we need something different and fast. Before this turns into a slagging contest i say with you head not heart replies, we all want City to stay up thats not the question, the question is can we.?

Yes, we''ve been sh*t all season and we''re still not bottom 3. And we have two away wins, for the record.

yes - we can,  and I still think we probably will.

Will it be pretty,  probably not

[quote user="rowdyman"]Going by your head not heart can City survive, i think not, we cant win away for love or money, we never look like causing an upset of any sort, we are not beating teams around us, too many draws rather than wins and i dont think Hughton has anything new to give as we need something different and fast. Before this turns into a slagging contest i say with you head not heart replies, we all want City to stay up thats not the question, the question is can we.?[/quote]We only need 3 teams to be worse than us to do down, right?1) we cant win away for love or money We have won 2 games away from home this season. 4 teams have only won 1 (Hull, Stoke, Cardiff & West Brom). Surely that mean''s they will be down before us, no?2) we are not beating teams around us In a league table v''s The Bottom half of the table, we''re 14th.http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/vbothalf.htmlYes I believe we can. I''d recommend before spurting out the above cliche''s, that you research those chiche''s and see if they''re accurate. Things aren''t great. They are nowhere near as dire as the cliche''s on this message board would have you believe.Chin up tiger!

why the stupid comments to a debate on a forum, same old jas, always the comedian never a debater, its a serious question, look at our remaining fixtures, we probably need 6 wins couple of draws for the 40 points mark, last four fixtures we all know who they are, plus newcastle, spurs, Man city at home, thats 7 games we will realistically struggle to get points imo, does not leave alot of room for error to get the 20 points, maybe the points tally will be lower, hopefully it will just think we will fall short by the head, heart says we will stay up easy.

[quote user="ricardo"]Very few ever bother to check the facts before posting.[/quote]

because you are the main man on here arent you Ricardo.

We should just about, but on about 36/37 points, which is frankly pathetic. Much like our record of 5 wins in 21 games and 9 wins in the last 42 premier league matches is equally pathetic. Coupled with the fact we can''t score, defend or pass compitently and it''s no wonder why people are so annoyed at the moment!

Can we survive ?    Yes, of course we can.Will we survive is perhaps what the OP is really driving at.It is going to be very very close . The one area that I agreed with Ricardo in his myth thread yesterday was that the current closely matched bottom 8 will still be the same closely matched bottom 8 come May. There is no doubt that if our recent form continues we simply will not amass the number of pts to acoid the drop. So I''m hoping that the law of averages cuts in , and sometime over Feb /Mar we have a little purple patch that takes the pressure off slightly.I do believe however that if do slip into the bottom two we will never escape from it. That''s why this weekend''s game v Hull is so vital. It''s quite possible that if we lose that we WILL be in the bottom 2 by Sat evening.

Any unbiased person would have to say that based on the last four games, we have little hope of surviving.

Last year we won the rather surprising points at the end of the season, otherwise we would have close to relegation then.

Hughton seems to be scrapping around for something. how else do you explain two strikers away from home, and virtually nothing creative from the midfield?

Unless he, or someone else, cane engender confidence, and turn the plunge round, I can''t now see us surviving. Until November I was confident and a fully paid-up member of "Hughton in".

I pointed out on another thread that of the 17 games left it includes Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool at home plus Chelsea and Man Utd away so that leaves us 12 games to get at least 16/17 points to hopefully be safe. I do not consider it unreasonable to write off the 5 games against the ''big'' clubs based on what has happened in the corresponding fixtures played this season against them. It is a very big ask based on our inconsistencies and the body language from the likes of Bassong and Fer leave me frustrated and have done so for quite a while now. Leaving aside the issue of Hughton I have little faith in Calderwood and Trollope so whilst my heart says yes we can survive my head says no.

Yes. Irrespective of the doom and gloom we still aren''t in the bottom 3, after 21 games there are 5 teams worse than us.

These big clubs that we play, well, all the other teams have to play them too. You never know Rowdyman, maybe Arsenal will fancy doing us a favour and head off to the beach...

thanks guys thats all i am asking some serious opinion, as i said we all want City to survive whatever side of the so called fence we are on.

Out of interest, for you guys that think we will go down, which teams do you see coming past us and why?

No ulterior motives, just interested.

Warren Hill please get your facts right i am Norwich City through and through anyone knows me knows that, followed City home and away for years and years, i manage at local level now which i enjoy but City is always the first result i wait for in the clubhouse. Yes i have a soft spot for Arsenal because i spent alot of my childhood living in London Colney right next to their training ground but i am Norwich born and bred and City are my team. i have been married to a beautiful lady for 23 years i love her to death but it does not stop me looking at other women, hope this now puts this to bed.

I think at the moment its Us, Fulham and West Ham who seem to be in free fall. but any one from 10th down is realistically not safe. Big Contenders being Palace but Its important to remember Pulis has never been relegated as a manager and although his style isn''t easy on the eye it is effective and Palace have improved results under him. Cardiff, Unknown quantity with the new manager but a backer with money is always dangerous. Sunderland pretty much the same as Palace with results improving with a decent squad.

Yes, but there''s no way we should be in this situation. Look at the strikers we''ve signed and what their strengths are. FFS we''ve resorted to goal kicks to the worst header of a ball in the club (Snoddy) in an attempt to crowbar the tactics round the team. Hughton out before we''re proved wrong.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Out of interest, for you guys that think we will go down, which teams do you see coming past us and why?

[/quote]In fairness, Warren, with us in 15th, there are not TOO many clubs that need to come "past us "!But, to answer your question, I see Sunderland and WHU improving and not just because they won on Sat. . All in all I think that they both have better managers (big Sam in particular is a wily old fox when the chips are down), and, yes squads that are better suited/experienced to deal with a scrap. Not sure about Cardiff. But Solskjaer  might just give them the impetus they need . I do think we''ll finish above Fulham and Palace tbh.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]

In fairness, Warren, with us in 15th, there are not TOO many clubs that need to come "past us "!

But, to answer your question, I see Sunderland and WHU improving and not just because they won on Sat. . All in all I think that they both have better managers (big Sam in particular is a wily old fox when the chips are down), and, yes squads that are better suited/experienced to deal with a scrap. Not sure about Cardiff. But Solskjaer  might just give them the impetus they need . I do think we''ll finish above Fulham and Palace tbh.
[/quote]

Well, 3 need to. You''ve named 2.

I''m just interested. I cannot see us finishing below West Ham, Palace or Sunderland for starters..

I think the same, Sunderland are improving all the time and look competative in most games.

West Ham are in the same boat as us, again might just get enough points to stay up.

I think Cardiff will go down along with Palace & Fulham, that being said I think we need 4 points from the next two games or I will change my mind to Fulham, Palace & us.....

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]In fairness, Warren, with us in 15th, there are not TOO many clubs that need to come "past us "!But, to answer your question, I see Sunderland and WHU improving and not just because they won on Sat. . All in all I think that they both have better managers (big Sam in particular is a wily old fox when the chips are down), and, yes squads that are better suited/experienced to deal with a scrap. Not sure about Cardiff. But Solskjaer  might just give them the impetus they need . I do think we''ll finish above Fulham and Palace tbh.[/quote]

To be fair, I did mention Cardiff. I do suspect that OGS will get an improvement out of them. Not sure whether it''ll be enough, but may well be.. So with Wet Spam, and S''land as well, that''s 3 by my maths !

Well, 3 need to. You''ve named 2.

I''m just interested. I cannot see us finishing below West Ham, Palace or Sunderland for starters..

[/quote]

Looks to me that Warren is dependant on the inability of others to come past us rather than our own ability to stay clear of the scrap at the bottom.