Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Our Scouting vs Wolves

With Gutierrez looking like he''s on his way, we seem to be starting a pattern of buying players who have been completely ineffective in their time in the Premiership apart from versus Wolves.

Gutierrez scored a screamer versus them, as did Elmander but has done f all else of real note in 5 years of premiership football.

Really not that convinced by Jonas. I suppose it eases the pressure on Redmond and might mean Snodgrass can finally be deservedly dropped for a few games.

Completely ineffective. I''m sure that''s why Newcastle played him well over 100 times. You sound incredibly spoilt.

3 million for a thirty year old who has managed 2 sub appearances all season. Not what we need.

My Newcastle fan mate just text "lol, good luck!" He''s not a great buy.

Another one who is full of running without much ability. Admittedly, when he first arrived at Toon, he had a bit of pace but that isn''t what it is now.

I heard something that he''s not playing now due to them having to pay a bonus if he plays many more games? May not be true I suppose.

So what do you suggest then Jimmy? We''ll all get Jonas Out banners made and abuse him the second he gets off the plane? Maybe we can gather a crowd outside his new house, burn effigies of him and sing songs about how he''s not good enough for our club.

I for one will actually get behind him and hope he can help us out of the mess we''re getting in, a novel and radical idea, I realise.

Nope, i''m just a bit underwhelmed.

I was when we signed Dion Dublin though, and was getting constantly ripped from my plastic mates when he joined, so hopefully Jonas can prove me wrong.

Indeed if he''d signed 5 years ago for us, i''d have been delighted. I used to go watch the toon when I was at Uni there up until 4 years ago and Jonas had great pace and feet without a great end product. A bit like Redmond really.

He just hasn''t done much for a year or so and might not be up to match fitness.

As pointed out on the other thread, i''ll give him a chance and he''s better than Vaz Te!

Fair enough, that was a bit OTT really. My point is, he''s not going to be coming here and not trying to help us and we certainly won''t see his best if we abuse him from the off.

So what you''re saying is that you''re only interested in signing players who are mainstays for Prem teams. In January?

Its not so much the fact it''s Gutierrez - it''s more like its letting go of Hoolahan and Pilkington and replacing them with Gutierrez. Thats the problem.

Happy to eat my words but it could relegate us.

Hoolahan and Pilkington are genuinely Premier League quality and we''re letting them leave to our rivals and replacing them with a player on a slippery slope out of the top flight.

We''re not letting Hoolahan and Pilkington go, but aside from that total fabrication I see exactly where you''re coming from...

[quote user="I.S."]So what you''re saying is that you''re only interested in signing players who are mainstays for Prem teams. In January?[/quote]

Not neccesarily, ideally someone who''s played more than twice all season.

I was hoping someone coming from a team doing well in good form with a bit of positive morale to liven up the dressing room. Like when Ashton signed for us.

Sometimes Jimmy S you can seem very foolish.

How can you even start to suggest that Gutierrez is a worse player than Hoolahan when he has been an integral part of a team that finished 5th in the premier league.

As others have said there is a relation to him not playing to a clause in his contract.

I believe that whilst some may not see him as a ''stunning'' signing, he is a more than capable one and an established premier league player of quality.

When you say a player on the down, at 30, he is a year younger than Hoolahan - so what do you mean?

Also, I wouldn''t listen to your Newcastle mate, especially if he is a plastic. The toon fans I know think he is a good signing for us, and would have preferred to have kept hold of him.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]3 million for a thirty year old who has managed 2 sub appearances all season. Not what we need.

My Newcastle fan mate just text "lol, good luck!" He''s not a great buy.

Another one who is full of running without much ability. Admittedly, when he first arrived at Toon, he had a bit of pace but that isn''t what it is now.[/quote]So once again, a load of made up twaddle and folks are shouting the odds before the truth emergesperhaps, just perhaps this might suggest to you that much of what you read about players is invented ... simply to over excite the gullible and push up the click rate