Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Unrealistic expectations!!

Unbelievable!

Having realistic expectations is nothing to do with Little Norwich Syndrome. If you set the bar to high, and a lot on here are just unrealistic, you set yourself up to be continually disappointed. And then when we do well you do not experience the joy just moan why it is not like that all the time.

It''s like life. My glass is very much half full and when it occasionally is full I am ecstatic . Lighten up and enjoy the rollercoaster!

snake my point wasnt to state that you know nothing. It was to suggest that think about it from the players perspective.

If you have played football. I dont know if you have, I expect most of us have played game at least for fun with friends, you know what I stated about long balls and other aspects of the game is true. This was my point nothing else.

My real problem is that I cant express myself completely trough english and I apologise if you took it like I would have ment that you know nothing.

Also by modern football I mean that we play the game instead of letting opponent set up the tempo. ManU and Chelsea were at their prime very uninspiring teams in their normal league match, this was mainly because they set their own tempo to break up opponents game. Mourinho are considered to be best manager in the world playing very similar wayt to setup his team than Hughton does and with few hundred millions more to spend. We dont do the Stokes and put 10 wrestlers there. Ofc in modern football you still have to mix things up and in my opinion we set up ourselves a bit different in every game.

Foghorn:

Playing in formation doesnt mean that your players cant move outside one area, but that when they move they need to be covered and they have to realise when to move and when not.

Moving as a team is a hard thing to do and at least for our midfield where the pressure for covering and moving at right time is hardest players have struggled to adapt completely.

In my opinion Hughton asks a bit too much from a players like Johnson and Howson and in lesser extent Fer as we dont have decent playmaker in that only free role we have in the field.

Also we might be unsurprising and easy to defend against, but then you look Everton. They play quite much same game week out week in and how much that has done for them this season.

Same goes for Dortmund and Barcelona. You know when they field their team what is comming for you. Unsurprising doesn''t mean that your concept of football can''t work.

But here we come again to the lack of creativity and passing ability what we lack at the middle.

I cant answer is our sguad wrong or manager, or is it only one piece away of complete puzzle, but in my opinion Hughton should be given time for the end of the season.

Nuances are what makes this game so great and we have lot of good things in our game which most of our fans seems to completely ignore as it isn''t anymore typical english end to end football week after week or just because Hughton isn''t Lambert and has quite gray personality too which normaly isn''t mark of ambitious manager.

And as I have stated so many times, I think we havent played the game as we should this season, but there is lot of other reasons there too than just Hughton couldn''t do the job, but our situation really isn''t that grim and in my opinion in the same basket with us there is only Swansea and Southampton that try to play clearly better football at the moment than we do and if we are looking for a new manager I hope we do like they did and try to find someone who can take Hughton''s approach to the another level and try to find a manager outside of England.

Instead of taking someone from the England just to please fans and taking our football back to stoneage.

(Just watching AV play under Lambert and I again seem to struggle understand why we moan so much about Hughton)

Ok lavanche understood!

My argument is that no matter what way we set up the basic philosophy is the same. You are right you do need a mixture, but we have not seen that or very little for over a year now.

This is what is so frustrating!

[quote user="Lavanche"]

In my opinion Hughton asks a bit too much from a players like Johnson and Howson and in lesser extent Fer as we dont have decent playmaker in that only free role we have in the field. [/quote]

Thank goodness for posters like you Lavanche!  

I agree with nearly everything you say in your post, but wanted to highlight this sentence.   To me this is part of the problem.  Hughton wants his team to play as you say, but the players are not quite up to it - yet.   This is surely part of the building process.  Setting out how you want the team to play and sticking to it until it gels and comes to fruition.   At its best - and we do see glimpses of it - we are very good, but it is not yet happening enough.   The alternative would be to carry on as we had been under Lambert - and lots of people agreed that his way wasn''t going to work indefinitely.

I am positive the reason we got Hughton in was because it is a long term plan for building a sustainable premiership club.  We have to stick to that at least to the end of this season - and at this stage of the season it would be folly to get rid of him anyway.