Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Harris

villa losing

We''re playing quite well and holding their own. The Baker injury was a set back so early on but Lowton went to.sleep on the first goal and Delph dallied on the ball when it should have gone upfield.

good game.

Yep, this is what we''ve come to - relying on other teams to be worse than us because we know we ain''t gonna get out of this predicament by our own ability.  All we need is for 3 teams to make a bigger horlicks of it than us & we''ll be fine.

Crowd not happy with the set up as an away team approach by Lambert. What''s happened to his swashbuckling style we all knew and loved?Apparently they''ve only scored 7 at home all season and even at 2 down don''t look like coming forward.They were 2 down against Man C and won so second half might be better.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Yep, this is what we''ve come to - relying on other teams to be worse than us because we know we ain''t gonna get out of this predicament by our own ability.  All we need is for 3 teams to make a bigger horlicks of it than us & we''ll be fine.[/quote]I doubt we need to worry about Villa, there''s half a dozen worse than them.

Ricky

the set up was working very well but the change after the injury forced them to go 442. they looked a little disorientated and individuals failed in their basic duties.

Even Gary and Jamie said the injury was a massive influence in that first half.

[quote user="Making Plans"]My post wasn''t about Villa, it was about us[/quote]This thread is about the Villa game. I assumed your comment about us must be related to it in some way.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Ricky

the set up was working very well but the change after the injury forced them to go 442. they looked a little disorientated and individuals failed in their basic duties.

Even Gary and Jamie said the injury was a massive influence in that first half.[/quote]Yes they do play that defensive hit them on the break style quite well. It works against the lesser teams but invites trouble against the big teams. It''s a surprising departure from the Lambert style we were used to. Judging by the boo''s at half time the Villa faithful don''t like it much.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]I would boo if players gave away 2 goals like that!

From what I have seen so far this game is far from over![/quote]Villa need a goal to make this interesting. It''s going to leave them open to the counter if Villa come forward.

Set up with 3 and looked good. Injury, changed shape, the rest is history.

The jibing that one of the most important figures that our club, has ever had is poor.

Can''t we just let it go. The man has my respect. Without him we would below below ipswich still.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="snake-eyes"]Very true. Villa giving it a good go.though![/quote]

And he misses again Benteke[/quote]

Not that time though as he off side?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Set up with 3 and looked good. Injury, changed shape, the rest is history.

The jibing that one of the most important figures that our club, has ever had is poor.

Can''t we just let it go. The man has my respect. Without him we would below below ipswich still.[/quote]

Aw, diddums.....is someone saying nasty things about Lamby-Wamby?

Yet when some tw@t says something inane about Hughton you can''t wait to pat them on the back....best post ever haha.....

Deary me.

CUSDP. Lambert was very good for Norwich, but Norwich were equally good for Paul Lambert.

I''ve got a lot of respect for what Lambert achieved, but more respect for my own club. I would rather support it than use every opportunity to slate our manager and praise Villa.

Good last 15 minutes, Villa always have plenty of energy but left themselves too much to do.Arsenal can be rushed if you get into them and tend to be a bit casual when in front, almost as if they feel they have a divine right to win.

Still very few lower teams beating top teams this season. There is a huge disconnect with last season in this respect.

Still very few lower teams beating top teams this season. There is a huge disconnect with last season in this respect.

Good news

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I agree I.S.

Just can''t bare the argument with it all. Our club needs change but that''s another obsession ;)[/quote]I thought I''d just correct your mistake cusdp. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I agree I.S.

Just can''t bare the argument with it all. Our club needs change but that''s another obsession ;)[/quote]I thought I''d just correct your mistake cusdp. [:D][/quote]

Very clever ;)

To be fair I think most people are missing the main point this evening, which is WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO LAMBERT''S DRESS SENSE?

Trutex trousers, some sort of wedding shoes, a fleece and a tie ? Looked like my old Chemistry teacher.