Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Massimiliano Allegri

A.C Milan manager fired after a disappointing season so far. Known for his attacking style of football and managed Calgari on a budget with great success.

He''s now another manager available on the market, surely worth consideration?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimiliano_Allegri

Well go on then convince me why he is worth consideration as it will take more than a few words from Wiki.

Well I''m not going to lie, I don''t know too much about him apart from that he was manager at a huge club who he guided to the Italian title last season and has an attacking approach to football. Wiki has also told me that he can have success on a budget or at smaller clubs... like us? Maybe. He also won the best Serie A manager in 2009-2010 (voted for by managers from other Serie A teams) season whilst managing Calgari.

Errm apart from qualifications and experience that Wiki tells me, which I''m sure would be most important on a C.V. whilst being considered for a job, I can''t really tell you much more about him TIL. I don''t have the time to do more background research on the guy, but if anyone else knows more about him, this is the reason why I made this OP.

Thanks G&Y but does he have a command of the English language or would we have to put up with the ridiculous Southampton type situation ?

Let''s do the maths;Foreign? Tick!Snappy Dresser? Tick!Looks a little arrogant? Tick!Not Hughton? Tick!Seems like a no brainer to many on here.Only main sticking point, and it''s just a slight thing. The guy who led AC Milan for almost 4 years, winning Serie A in 2011, consistently qualifying and doing OK in the Champions League, etc. Do you think think he would be remotely interested in a job at Norwich City FC?I mean, Gus Hiddink has been out of work for a while. I dunno why we wouldn''t just get him?But apart from that slight sticking point, Go get him McNally!

That thought also crossed my mind as well TIL I''m not sure of that either. Literally all I know is that his C.V. looks good and he plays a different style of football to Hughton. I''m no ''Hughton outer'' but sometimes you can''t deny what we''ve seen on the pitch recently and without a win in 7 games now. Can''t deny that there''s pressure on him.

Don''t know anything about him, but if he''s just come from AC Milan then he won''t be coming here.

As a side note, Pochetino (sp?) at Southampton speaks English just fine, he just chooses not to for the media. Or so I''ve heard.

He''d already been told that he was being released at the end of the season and was sacked following a 4-3 defeat to Sassuolo in a game which they led 2-0.

Milan have won 5 out of 19 and are 30 points adrift of Juve and only 6 points above the drop zone. Hardly a ringing endorsement but he does have a fancy name!!

did it have a square steering wheel ?my mate had a Morris Ital, then swapped it for Morris Chevalier ... better sound system

I have a much higher opinion of our club than the Hughton apologists who seem to think we''re the smallest club ever in this league and that Hughton is the best we can do, but I don''t think we''ve got any chance of attracting this guy :P

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Milan have won 5 out of 19 and are 30 points adrift of Juve and only 6 points above the drop zone. Hardly a ringing endorsement but he does have a fancy name!!

[/quote]

I am sure there is some irony in that post Warren......I mean who else has only won about 5 in 19 and are even less than 6 points above the bottom 3 ? Still hey ho Norwich are not Milan but the end result is the same hey ?