Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

I Miss Those Days...

When teams used to run out of the tunnel straight into a kick-about without all of todays faffing about...When players were allowed to tackle...And injured players were treated by the trainer with a bucket and sponge....Players didn''t have girls hair and didn''t wear gloves...Half time was only ten minutes...Players just shook hands when they scored instead of holding an orgy...When "On the Ball City" was sung properly...The FA Cup meant something...And I could have a fag...

......... you could pee on the terraces (match days as well)you could climb into the River Endfans wore white butchers coatstoilets were sprayed with NCFC rule okyou could sit on the bank behinf the Barclay and have a pintyou could pay on the turnstylemen in sheepskin coast through cushions on the pitchfans had ''proper (blue) spaz wagons

there were words to that

when coppers wore long black coatsmen in the South Stand all wore gaberdine macsfans went to games wearing home knitted scarves/bobble hatsthere wasn''t so much hugging and grappling at corners

When the Wensum Stand had a view of the Cathedraland there were roofless stands on three sides.

Oh no, wait, I think I read about that on here.

[quote user="City1st"]......... you could pee on the terraces (match days as well)you could climb into the River Endfans wore white butchers coatstoilets were sprayed with NCFC rule okyou could sit on the bank behinf the Barclay and have a pintyou could pay on the turnstylemen in sheepskin coast through cushions on the pitchfans had ''proper (blue) spaz wagons

[/quote]
You spell check is wankered.

shows how many games you have attended if you have never seen men in sheepskin coastsmostly made in Shearingham

I bet Nutty wants a return to the days before Blanket Boulevard when he could get closer to the action on the perimeter track. [;)]

A light blue AC invacar

I''m not too sure of master nutty''s ailments but if a wheelchair bound ''fan'' can get up and down the steps in the Barclay I can''t see why he can''tshaming if you ask me

....... when you could sit on the railway sleepers at the back of the Barclay, swop ends at half-time or climb up the Anglia Television gantry for a better view.

I think I once saw one of these climb the terrace and take it''s place not far from that line of Old Bill that Tilly used to stand in...

I miss the ties when policemen used to wear a shirt and tie, as seen

here(be warned clip features man in wheelchair)

I miss the norwegian canary supportes. They were hilarious. One of them got his ass handed to him in a fight in midlands.

Miss the days, that players pretended to be hard (as in, ''that didn''t hurt'') unlike today when they pretend to be badly injured at the slightest touch.

It amuses me that when the team run out onto the pitch, the stadium announcer always gives it the big one about welcoming them to the pitch after we''ve all been seeing them warm up for about half an hour before hand-it used to be a few stretches and half hearted kicks at goal in the minutes leading up to kick off, now they''re all out there at around 2:30pm, sometimes earlier-whilst the subs all stay on the pitch at half time, poor sods.

Who was the massive copper with the handlebar moustache who prowled the front of the Barclay in the 70''s, anyone recall him?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Who was the massive copper with the handlebar moustache who prowled the front of the Barclay in the 70''s, anyone recall him?

[/quote]

The late PC 649 Ivan Kidgell.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I miss those brass bands marching up and down the pitch. Who were they?[/quote]Ahh, the Dagenham Girl Pipers.[;)]

I miss those days when goalkeepers used to actually catch the ball at full stretch. Keelan and Woods were particularly good at this, the modern day "shot stopping" malarkey just isn''t the same as seeing the ball plucked out the air. "Steps" is another sadly missed aspect though to be honest watching old clips where the keepers run three paces and then bounce the ball does look a little odd today.

[quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"]I miss those days when goalkeepers used to actually catch the ball at full stretch. Keelan and Woods were particularly good at this, the modern day "shot stopping" malarkey just isn''t the same as seeing the ball plucked out the air.[/quote]Even one handed like Pat Jennings....

Talking of days gone by who can remember when Joe Corrigan turned out for us on a emergency  loan  and the club didnt have a shirt made for him. So he borrowed chris woods shirt but it was to small it was hilarious he could hardly move in it .