Sign in to follow this  
Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd

Paddy Davit..nail on head !!

The article in todays "pink un" by Paddy Davitt, really does sum up the season, and to come from the local press , who have been noticeably quiet about criticising the hierarchy at Carrow Road ,, shows I think finally , and without doubt to the Hughton " in" brigade ..tht those of us on this board who want him gone ,,are far from being lonely pant wetters !!

"Norwich willingly ceded territory and possession from the outset as part

of their tactical approach
so it should have come as little surprise

they were dismissively brushed aside."

So not just me thenThe bit I would disagree is the talk of Everton pinning us back, which rather contradicts his point above. It''s that we fall back off opponents rather than them pinning us back (which is actually not possible).The sad fact is that this has been the hallmark of Hughton since he has been here.  I can only wonder why some folk still cannot see it.Hoping to snatch the odd goal and cling on to it for a draw or even a win is no way to enthuse the crowd, let alone the players.The question now is when does the next era begin ? Stick with Hughton and hope to wheeze over the line or get someone in now and give it a go.

Probably the strongest indication so far from Archant that the rumblings of discontent on the forums are starting to gain a more widely held view.The results really haven''t been there, the football absolutely isn''t there and it appears from our first signing of the transfer window that Hughton is planning to defend even more than we have been, with the signing on loan of one of the most defensive wingers in the prem...We may well survive this season, but if he''s still in a job here by the summer then there''s something horribly wrong at board level that thinks this sort of football and repeated displays of mediocrity at best (and utter dross at worst) are acceptable...

[quote user="City1st"]"Norwich willingly ceded territory and possession from the outset as part of their tactical approach so it should have come as little surprise they were dismissively brushed aside."

So not just me then

The bit I would disagree is the talk of Everton pinning us back, which rather contradicts his point above. It''s that we fall back off opponents rather than them pinning us back (which is actually not possible).

The sad fact is that this has been the hallmark of Hughton since he has been here.  I can only wonder why some folk still cannot see it.

Hoping to snatch the odd goal and cling on to it for a draw or even a win is no way to enthuse the crowd, let alone the players.

The question now is when does the next era begin ?

Stick with Hughton and hope to wheeze over the line or get someone in now and give it a go.

[/quote]

Bang on the money City1st.

In response to Barclay 48''s question as to whether we''ll be hearing from the CH supporters;

Of course they won''t Barclay.The Hughton Inners will stilll be trotting out the same old mantra when we are back in the Champ. It''ll go something like this after out 1-1 home draw with Brentford in the first game in Aug:"It''s a new league, and everyone has to get used to it. The new signings from Lge 2 have to bed in yet, and Chris is sure to get the best out of them.Next week''s trip to Yeovil is pretty tough, but I reckon a draw will be a good result there. He''s the man for the job. Hold your nerve"

The next era should of begun around three months ago. The boards indecision could be fatal.

Paddy Davitt has upset one or two fans I know, but for me he just tells it as it is, but some fans can''t see the wood for the trees. I think the only reason that he is still here is his Mr. Nice Guy image.

Davitt''s refreshing and factual reports are in sharp contrast to the Rick Waghorn days of ineffectual reporting and blatant bias towards the powers at Carrow Road.

Why?? Would anyone care about a reasoned response from the "inners" it''s blatantly obvious if you support who-ton, then you obviously know f*ck all about football. So let them swear blind how great super chris is (ldc''s the worst) but anyone who knows the smallest bit about the game knows that (unty f*ck Chris is gonna be gone very very soon

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]In response to Barclay 48''s question as to whether we''ll be hearing from the CH supporters;

Of course they won''t Barclay.The Hughton Inners will stilll be trotting out the same old mantra when we are back in the Champ. It''ll go something like this after out 1-1 home draw with Brentford in the first game in Aug:"It''s a new league, and everyone has to get used to it. The new signings from Lge 2 have to bed in yet, and Chris is sure to get the best out of them.Next week''s trip to Yeovil is pretty tough, but I reckon a draw will be a good result there. He''s the man for the job. Hold your nerve"[/quote]

Best post in ages!!!! REGGIE sums it up an absolute treat!!!!!

Simply a bang on thread. Davitt is a fair independent journalist and over this season and indeed last tried to defend Hughton''s tactics albeit seemingly as devils advocate.

When learning of our signing today, I thought that''s it, we are now stuck with Hughton. Discovering it''s a loan deal, stupidly maybe, I feel his job is still not safe.

Certainly our coaches have no intention of changing their basic zonal philosophy.

Oh and just wait when The Chemical Bros Nutty and Morty latch onto this thread :-)

A further danger is on the development of the playersIt is too coincidental that players such as RVW and Bechio have not been at their best, Fer looks out of sorts as does Bassong and to be honest Ruddy. Redmond has not moved on from blasting the ball over the bar and players such as Fox have simply been sidelined.Whereas previously we had players that we had written off coming back into the team and proving us wrong we now have players that we had high hopes for being almost destroyed .......... by what I would argue are Hughtons flawed and one dimensional tactics. Ones that require square holes to be banged into round pegs and players required to act against their natural instincts as footballers.And what of the youth players ? Are they to be shoved through this meat grinder of failure as well ?And before the apologists trot out their usual bleats this is not about us winning every game, it is about us looking like we can win one game.At the moment and for a long while we have not.

There''s no doubt we have mostly been very poor on the road for the last 12 months or so.

That said, I watched the match online on Saturday, and I actually thought we weren''t as poor as many are trying to make out.

I do think we showed signs of improvement. I didn''t expect to go to Everton and dominate, but I do think that if Hooper had taken his gilt-edged chance we would have gone on to get something from the game.

We lost to two very good goals (despite the first being typical Norwich backing off), and generated chances ourselves. I''m far from believing it was approaching a good performance, but I do think it was better than a lot of the other dross away from home this season.

That''s why I''m surprised to see the negative report from Paddy after this match, rather than some of the earlier ones.

Out of curiosity, does anybody think Hughton has improved any of or players with his coaching? I''m struggling to think of one. In fact a could name a few who have gone backwards.

Only a few vlad??? The whole team, board and the fans harmony has all gone backwards!!! It''s like Rodent all over again just this time there may be know messiah to do the dammed near impossible!!!!!!

I shudder at the ineptitude and lack of understanding of the closed minded prejudiced rubbish that appears on this board sometimes.    So Mr Davit has an opinion.  So do we all.    Whatever you think, the fact is that  Hughton has to stay - at least until the end of the season.   No other solution is sensible or viable.   You can shout, swear, ridicule as much as you want, but you might as well save your breath - there is no sense in sacking Hughton at this point in time.  We have a fight on our hands - and its his team, his players, his responsibility - just let him get on with the job and try putting your energy into supporting the team. At this stage anything else is a waste of your time and will just make things worse.

We lost against Everton. No surprise there.  But - the one thing you can''t deny is that after setbacks we usually respond.   That proves the team have the stomach for the task and have faith in the manager.  It''s a shame some of our fans don''t have the stomach for the scrap or appreciate about the situation with the premiership as it is at the moment.  Some of you need to widen your horizons a bit and see what is going on around you a bit more.  

Hughton may have to leave - but not now.   I would even say that if we show improvement from now till the end of the season he will be here next season.   Save your energy for the real thing - supporting your team. 

For those with limited timea precise of LDC''s thoughts

http://kansansforlife.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/white-flag1.jpg%3Fw%3D500

we shall always surrender, be it in the fields, the hills or on the beaches .... we shall not attack, away from home as well as at home

[quote user="vlad666"]Out of curiosity, does anybody think Hughton has improved any of or players with his coaching? I''m struggling to think of one. In fact a could name a few who have gone backwards.[/quote]

Was going to say exactly the same vlad. No doubt people will say Johnson and Howson!

[quote user="City1st"]For those with limited timea precise of LDC''s thoughts

we shall always surrender, be it in the fields, the hills or on the beaches .... we shall not attack, away from home as well as at home[/quote]

In what way is my post to be considered a surrender?  Do you read things properly?  The time is not right to sack a manager at this stage of the season.   Pathetic response. 

I''m sure the same sentiments were expressed about Neville Chamberlain

So Hughton is irreplaceable now is he?

Hughton couldn''t motivate an alcoholic to booze and now he''s the man to get us out of the mess he has got us into with his negative tactics, dreary, gutless, soulless brand of football that the players clearly disagree with but go through the motions.

Hughton is more of a director of football, but as a manager in the big time? No way. Him and Norwich City just do not fit and you don''t need a guide dog to see that.

It''s a bit like staying in a bad marriage ''because of the kids''. It doesn''t help the kids, though in this example, the kids are footballers, earn £1.5M a year and frankly, couldn''t give a damn.

Hughton. Must. Go.

"Hughton couldn''t motivate an alcoholic to booze and now he''s the man to get us out of the mess he has got us into with his negative tactics, dreary, gutless, soulless brand of football that the players clearly disagree with but go through the motions. "

Best post ever! Hahaha

Well there''s one thing LDC, you at least can''t make too many games at The Carra.

Cant'' you concede any of the points made on this thread? If you can''t you gain zero respect from me at least.

If you are in a job responsible for staff can you let me know where and if you have any vacancies please.

[quote user="City1st"]I''m sure the same sentiments were expressed about Neville Chamberlain[/quote]

Well, you''re going back a bit, but wasn''t that to do with a war?   This is sport and we have a choice.  Keep a manager who knows the players, get the injured ones back asap and let him get on with it, or sack him - get an unknown quantity in who doesn''t know the players, won''t know what the injured ones would be capable of - and hope he can do better.  Percentages?  I think most sensible people would say its better now to keep him and let him see if he can improve things.  There really is no magical better way imo .  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="City1st"]For those with limited timea precise of LDC''s thoughts

we shall always surrender, be it in the fields, the hills or on the beaches .... we shall not attack, away from home as well as at home[/quote]

In what way is my post to be considered a surrender?  Do you read things properly?  The time is not right to sack a manager at this stage of the season.   Pathetic response. 

[/quote]Actually, it''s one of the more witty responses that have featured on here. Pathetic wouldn''t involve looking for a picture of a white flag

"Well, you''re going back a bit, but wasn''t that to do with a war?"much as your avatar" There really is no magical better way "could it be worse I very much doubt it

You lot have your heads so far up your backsides you can''t read a post and respond with any reasoned argument.  I repeat - this is the wrong time to sack a manager - THE WRONG TIME.  Its too late this season to change - he is here to stay, for better or worse. It would be folly to expect a new man to come in and change things in just a few weeks. 

Get used to it.

LDC and his dwindling band of fellow apologists head for Carrow Roadhttp://www.ww2incolor.com/d/364-7/surrender-german-soldiers.jpg

[quote user="lake district canary"]You lot have your heads so far up your backsides you can''t read a post and respond with any reasoned argument.  I repeat - this is the wrong time to sack a manager - THE WRONG TIME.  Its too late this season to change - he is here to stay, for better or worse. It would be folly to expect a new man to come in and change things in just a few weeks. 

Get used to it.

[/quote]

I don''t understand why you think this. Obviously the best time to change manager is in the summer but surely when the transfer window is open would be the second best? There is something fundamentally wrong at our club. Most people can see it and the players are showing it.