Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Fulham Away - FA cup replay

You probably wouldn''t know it, but we have a game in a few hours.

I''m up for it and hope we go through, but from reading between the lines on here, I think most want us to go out.

Isn''t this a great opportunity for Bunn, Fox, The Murphy''s, and Co'' to get more match fitness and prove their worth, and an away trip to Sheff Utd will be the same again...another I''ll (hopefully) look forward too.

I think Gutierrez is eligible as didnt play in the Newcastle defeat.

1-2, and us to beat the Cottage Curse.

Not a great time to be getting distracted by the FA cup. Send a second string squad and get it over and out the way.

Looking forward to it, hopefully a good result can boost morale a bit and kick start a run of form.

I hope we win, and also get into the fifth round - a decent cup run could be a big help to morale....and the wallowing on here will be unbearable if we have a blank Saturday.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]You probably wouldn''t know it, but we have a game in a few hours.

I''m up for it and hope we go through, but from reading between the lines on here, I think most want us to go out.

Isn''t this a great opportunity for Bunn, Fox, The Murphy''s, and Co'' to get more match fitness and prove their worth, and an away trip to Sheff Utd will be the same again...another I''ll (hopefully) look forward too.

I think Gutierrez is eligible as didnt play in the Newcastle defeat

1-2, and us to beat the Cottage Curse.[/quote] Noas posted numerous times on here and on the front of the pinkun as well

I see this as a vital game to win. Stop the current rot, score some goals, regain some confidence, get the Fulham monkey off our back and look forward with a degree of optimism to beating Hull on Saturday.The alternative is to get beaten again, boost the confidence of a relegation rival, cast even more doubts about our prospects & spread even more doom & gloom around the Club before Saturday''s game.  No brainer.

So we will definitely win this one then ? You said yourself that Fulham are the mokey on our back so it could be a disaster. Whaat then?

I hope we win it. Can''t see it makes too much odds so long as the majority of the team is made up of players who don''t usually start or need comeback games. And if we win we should carry on playing the same players however far we get. Don''t get through a couple of rounds and then play the first team.

I''d love for us to win it. I''m firmly with those of the opinion that a good FA cup run is just what we need. fill the players with confidence. send some of the first teamers that are having trouble in the league, tell them to prove themselves. hell I''d even through ricky in to start in the hope he''d get a few goals to prove to himself and others he can do it.

quite excited for the game

I understand that Fulham is a ''bogey team''. However, a victory tonight might be helpful in instilling confidence, both for the weekend and for our April return to Fulham. But we mustn''t risk key players, such as Hooper and Bassong, injuries to whom would likely seal our fate.

We want to win this game. Fulham are a quality side who we haven''t beaten recently, we don''t know which 11 players they will send out so, we will need a good work ethic to defend well and then we can send on an attacking substitute with two & a half minutes to go to try our best to progress.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 14/01/2014 7:27 AM:

I understand that Fulham is a ''bogey team''. However, a victory tonight might be helpful in instilling confidence, both for the weekend and for our April return to Fulham. But we mustn''t risk key players, such as Hooper and Bassong, injuries to whom would likely seal our fate.

I ''ll be there tonight, first time to Fulham, where will I find this "bogey man"?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="spencer 1970"]You probably wouldn''t know it, but we have a game in a few hours.

I think Gutierrez is eligible as didnt play in the Newcastle defeat

1-2, and us to beat the Cottage Curse.[/quote] Noas posted numerous times on here and on the front of the pinkun as well

[/quote]

Sorry City 1st, I wasn''t sure, hence the "think" bit. I have a life outside of NCFC so couldn''t possibly keep up with all the news. Thankfully there are folk like you to help me out in times like this.

...and hopefully we can lift this "bogey" tag tonight, as something tells me we''ll need something from the 5th to last game of the season, so best to remove the curse tonight..

I believe we should start with a full strength team who are likely to face Hull. We are desperately in need of some confidence in going forward and scoring goals. After all the teams competing in the Champions League are more or less putting out their best team twice a week. Yes there is a risk of someone getting injured but is any player doing that well to be seriously missed.

Of course if we lose, Hughton will be able to trot out his usual nonsense that we were a makeshift team and Fulham are full of quality and in the midst of a good run. Anyway to return to priorities, we have to beat Hull and take at least a point off Newcastle otherwise we are in big trouble.

Agree Vos. We need to win a game of football, simple as that. They should quit moaning about it and saying they "could have done without it" and put out whatever team they need to to get a win and take that in to the Hull game. We have good players - they are just crying out for a confidence boost and we need to do whatever we can to get one!

Seeing as Aston Villa have been knocked out of the cup, I take it we''re free to play Hoolahan this time, unlike last time. Oh wait, thats right, he was having treatment on an injury and Chris Hughton has the scans to prove it  ;)

Bit of a pain this one and a pity it wasn''t decided at Carrow Rd.The result probably hinges on the strength of the two teams but I think we''ll win. Fulham must be pretty gutted having been turned over by Sunderland last weekend and although I''m a firm believer in '' bogey '' teams every team manages to beat theirs occasionally.Whoever gets through will be warm favourites to beat Sheff Utd in the 4th Round and possibly set themselves up with a tasty 5th Round game. There''ll be some extra money to come from the FA and another guaranteed small dollop of live TV money to come too.Staying in the Premier League is the most important but a confidence-boosting result tonight might help when it comes to League points, three of which we could definitely do with on Saturday.