Sign in to follow this  
skeps

hoolahan to villa - done deal

Oh ffs, this is a serious loss if true.

Well done to all the idiots involved in this.

If it is a done deal, also Holt going to Villa looks done, then its a radical change for Lambert who likes young, hungry players - Hoolahan will be 32 in 4 months and Holt will be 33 in April!

I''m sad.

Seems Holty was the carrot for Hoolahan.

They''ve bought 3 points against us with that at least.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''m sad.

Seems Holty was the carrot for Hoolahan.

They''ve bought 3 points against us with that at least.[/quote]

You wouldn''t buy a 3rd/4th/5th choice striker to tempt another player, leave it out.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]Its going to be a tough old day isn''t it?[/quote]

Sounds like it is for you. I wish you well, keep your chin up. You know that you can come on here, anytime, and someone will pep you up

If we sell Hoolahan and we haven''t bought a no. 10 in of better quality than the little guy (and preferably 2) you can take me off the fence and place me firmly in the Hughton out camp.

After all, if changing your manager makes little difference either way then this would be the final straw for me. It''s not as bad, but it would be up there with Roeder releasing Huckerby.

Is this Skippdogg bloke really that credible source you are all worried?

I don''t know why we don''t wait until after the Hull match to sell him anyway. We''d get another game out of him at home where he might prove the difference.

If he could prove the difference in any PL game Jimmy, why on earth would we sell him?

At the moment I would call BS on this, plus the only reason I could see us letting him go is if someone else is coming in that can play that No 10 role.

Just an example of good fishing rather than any truth. Although has to be said, if Wes did make the move maybe it would be the final nail in the Hootan coffin.Get shot of the prat before he can do anymore damage

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]There is no way we would sell Hoolahan directly to Villa,  [/quote]

Apart from the way where Villa offer us really decent money for him and we take it. Helped along by Hoolahan making it clear he wants to go.

I can''t see any reason why this couldn''t happen to be honest, I can even picture the conversation now:DM: Chris, we''ve had an offer of 2.5mil from Villa for Wes HoolahanCH: Who?DM: Wes Hoolahan..CH: Wholahan???DM: You know, the little Irish guy who only has a left foot and is addicted to turning in circles!CH: I think it rings a bell, but I''m still not sure - what about him anyway?DM: Do you think we should agree to sell him to Villa for 2.5mil?CH: Is he a defender or does he possess strong defensive characteristics?DM: No, he''s a mercurial playmaker with the ability to make even top defenders look sillyCH: Yeah, I''ve got no use for someone like that, sell him ASAP as I need the cash to fund my latest targetDM: Who''s that then? Some midfield maestro to replace David Fox?CH: Give over, I''ve got my eye on that Alou Diarra - we could do with a bit more defence on the pitch...DM: Hang on, don''t Villa have that Sylla bloke who can''t get a game? Maybe we could do a swap deal!CH: Nice one, in fact thinking about - tell them we''ll throw in that David Fox as a sweetener as well - no use for him in this team either!DM: I''ll get right on it...SOLD![:D]