Sign in to follow this  
daz

newcastle forum.....

just had a sneaky look on there and the majority are actually disappointed that he has left (even as loan) ... some said Norwich and qpr will soon stop sniffing around when they find out what wages hes on ! hmmm

but a few of them said this about him... not at all bad.....

While I think it''s the right decision to move him on I''m actually quite gutted, I liked Jonas. I wish he could have got a little cameo to say goodbye before it happened. It''s a bit unsatisfying him just dropping of the radar for good like that. 194 games is a decent total.

He seems a good guy, always worked hard wherever he played, got stuck in but never nastily. I don''t remember him doing anything to put the club in a bad light. You need a few guys like that in your squad. First half of the season we finished fifth he was excellent. Second half he seemed to be told to drop deeper to cover Santon who was (is?) pretty shaky defensively. He was never that much of a threat offensively after that.

Still, good luck Jonas. Not nearly as talented as Maradona would have you believe, but a good, hard-working, likeable pro with a very expressive shrug. One of the few footballers I don''t particularly resent earning so much money to play a stupid game, and most importantly good hair as well.

Adios Spiderman.

The forum that I read had people mostly saying that he is past his best and isn''t good enough for their first team anymore.

I saw praise for his work rate and attitude, but not many people upset by his departure.

Yeah finnish forums seemed to appreciate the fellow even thought he was considered to be a squad player and couldn''t think why he didnt get some odd minutes this season when they needed a bit more experienced strong player on the field in certain situations.

Also few mentioned they would have got rid Obertan before Jonas.

This way or that we know quite much what we get by signing Jonas. Hard working wide midfielder and as long as we play with 4-4-2 he is quite much better choise there than our current left wingers at least against the sides who play with 5 man midfield.

In my opinion he is good tactical loan, if not direct upgrade what we have already and every team needs tactical variations.