Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Hull

Both proven players if Bruce can get them firing, but don''t you think they might be a bit rusty on Saturday? Probably the best time to play them.

[quote user="Paul"]Why aren''t we going in for Long. Only 5mil would be a great signing.[/quote]

I was thinking this too, as I have a high opinion of him. Then I looked at his prem record, and it''s not as good as I thought it''d be:

2011–12 32 apps 8 goals

2012–13 34 apps 8 goals

2013–14 15 apps 3 goals

Total

81 apps 19 goals

Being reported on irish radio that Long is to travel for medical, fees agreed. Shame, as he''s faster younger and more mobile than elmander, i rate shane long. jelavic however is bit of a Becchio. Funnily enough irish radio not mentioning the pilks to swansea thing even though its reported in black and white, with colour photo in the Examiner, Dontcha love the January window?

Both would be decent signings for Hull who are struggling with striking options,  which we now have with both hoops and RvW fit.    Our needs are elsewhere.

While both could come off it they are only a few points ahead of us and are as at risk of relegation as us.

The next couple of months are going to be nail biting 

I have wanted us to sign Shane Long since he was at Reading. Really rate him and he is excellent up front on his own. He would be a much better option than Elmander or Becchio.

Are either Long or Jelavic any better than Hooper? If not, would either of them want to come here and be behind Hooper (and probably van Wolfswinkel too) in the pecking order?Probably not.

I think Long would be a better third choice than Elmander, and definitely a better fourth choice than Becchio, but why pay 4-5 mil for a guy just to warm the bench (unless you''ve got more money than sense)???

I think that whatever team we put out we shall struggle to get any points. Our central midfield is not strong enough to withstand Huddlestone and co.

We desperately need a win, but I shall be very surprised to get one. Since we can''t score goals at the moment, the best I can see for us is 1-1 or 2-2.

Looks like the Hull owner is throwing a bit of a wobbly about the club''s name change, and threatening to pull out all of his investment within 24 hours.If that is the case, they will be signing no one!