Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Grant Holt Statue

Have to say for someone that was, and continues to be, a norwich legend he has done a fair bit to try and ruin that status.

I suspect he doesn''t care what anyone else thinks, that''s probably why him and lambert get on so well.

He''s trending on Twitter now, just reading through all the backlash about how fat and slow he is and how he''s finished. It''s all too familiar...

The only thing Holty will be feeding on right now is the motivation those tweets will be giving him. Watch him F**k S**t UP!

(Hope he fails!)

I''m not sure why signing for Villa would tarnish his NCFC status? We sold him, he now has a chance to play again for probably the last time in the top division, I don''t begrudge him that.

[quote user="Monty13"]I''m not sure why signing for Villa would tarnish his NCFC status? We sold him, he now has a chance to play again for probably the last time in the top division, I don''t begrudge him that.[/quote]

You beat me to it Monty;   his strike rate and contributions remain important and fact in our resurgence as a club;    his contribution to us remains a positive with no negatives at all.

If he does well at villa then good luck to them all,  i dont think its likely,  but does not reflect upon his or lamberts status for me anyway

Short memories some people on here. You should know when to be thankful for what someone has done for our club. Will rightly be regarded as a legend here and will always get a cheer from me.

I guess this is why you don''t normally get a statue put up until your career is over...

But it''s crazy for people on here to knock him for moving to Villa, if he does.  He left us by mutual consent.  He''s now free to move on whereever he wants, only a move to 1p5wich would affect his status as a City legend IMO.  Yes we have resentment towards Villa because of Lambert but that''s not a big deal overall.  I think it just means we''ll probably drive a harder bargain on any dealings between the two clubs than we would otherwise, but that''s all.

There''s always a risk with ex-players scoring against you.

Have to say I can understand Villa fans being utterly bemused by the idea that Lambert wants to sign Holt and Hoolahan (even though I personally think both of them could do a job for Villa - although I haven''t seen GH all season and wonder why he''s done so little for Wigan, I know he''s been injured).

[quote user="Buh"]Have to say for someone that was, and continues to be, a norwich legend he has done a fair bit to try and ruin that status.

I suspect he doesn''t care what anyone else thinks, that''s probably why him and lambert get on so well.[/quote]

A fair bit? Like what?

I guess Arsenal should never have bothered putting up an Henry statue after he had the effrontery to sign for Barca and NY Red Bulls after leaving them...!Holt was a massive part of our rise back to the top flight and he should always be remembered well for this, even if there was a bit of tarnish with the contract wrangling and last season of performances.

Surely, Indy Bones, it would be a bit more like Henry signing for an Everton or Liverpool ( some kind of Premier League rival) than Barca. I''m sure those arguing against a statue wouldn''t be bothered if he went to Celtic, for instance. Their annoyance is it''s Villa, a club that certainly hasn''t adhered itself to us over the last couple of years.

But Villa aren''t a rival, in fact had it not been for Lambert going there, I doubt anyone would give a damn what Villa were doing and who they are or aren''t signing!If he was going to Ipswich then I could fully understand a bit of anger and disappointment - but Villa mean f**k all to us, so why worry about them???

i think it was me who started the statue thread and i stand by every word, no player has had a bigger impact than grant holt in our history that is my opinion... even if he scored the goal that sent us down it can''t take away what he did for us... captain, leader,legend  OTBC