Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Jelavic / Long v Hooper / RVW

So looks like Hull may sign Jelavic and Long. Will give the weekends game a new dimension if both or one of them sign in time. At the start of the season I was very happy with our striker recruitment. A lot of people got very excited about ricky, rightly so given his fee and reputation. Hes been unlucky with the tow thing and the lack of supply. So to say hes a flop is a bit harsh. But I also think others give him too much credit claiming hes to intelligent etc. Its a bit of both. Just wonder what people''s option on this is and what two you would rather have!? At the moment Hopper would top my list and prob Long second.

In a few short months we seem to have incredibly managed to have fallen well behind Hull a newly promoted club. I never expected top 10 but 3 years in i never expected this relegation mess either

I''d rather have the two strikers we''ve got as I don''t think it''s a question of their ability, they''re simply being killed by the total lack of a consistent and decent supply that plays to their strengths.Jelavic had that purple patch and then was shocking for the next year pretty much (reminds me of Simeon Jackson in that regard), and Long whilst a decent player is never going to be a consistent double figures striker each season whereas I think both Hooper and RVW can be with the right support.

The 2 strikers we have are better IMO but we could have van persie up front and Hughton would find a way to stop him scoring