Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Holt to Villa?

This is no slight on Holt but if Villa feel they need to sign a striker who will be 33 in April and who has by many accounts struggled at Wigan, to help save their season, things must be pretty bad there.

Benteke looked golden last season - he couldn''t buy a goal now and I am not entirely sure as to why.

As painful as it would be, I am really not sure Holt would be the answer they need other than perhaps providing them with a bit of leadership on the pitch.

[quote user="chicken"]I am really not sure Holt would be the answer they need other than perhaps providing them with a bit of leadership on the pitch.[/quote]Ding ding!

Watching Holt and Wes playing for Lambert against us would be like being forced to watch the b@stard up the end of your street who ran over your dog, shagging your Mrs.

"to help save their season"

More hyperbole from you. They have a target man out for the rest of the season with a broken leg. Holt would probably be going on loan as a squad player to cover for that injured player.

Sounds like a clever little move to me. I''d swap Becchio for Holt, wouldn''t you?

Plenty of outlets reporting a medical tomorrow and betting suspended, looks like there might be something in this, unfortunately.

You can guarantee he''ll score against us.

I am the only one who finds this a bit ludicrous.  I love Holty to bits, I even still have a grudging admiration for Lambert for what he did here, but going after Hoolahan and Holt?    Dosn''t this sound like someone who isn''t living in the present and who is clutching at straws?   Actually, I would love to see him playing at Carrow Road again, even with Villa.    I don''t think he would score though. 

Norwich fans, of all people, should be aware of how dangerous Holty can be.Let''s be honest, the guy wasn''t exactly setting the world alight before we signed him, was he? When we spent £500,000 on him, who''d have imagined that 3 years later that we''d be talking about an England call up after watching him batter defenses in the Premier League?One things for sure - Lambert knows how to get the best out of the guy. Don''t write him off yet.

Jesus, there really is some thickos on here!

Here''s a little pointer - don''t be surprised to see Grant Holt lining up for Villa and ''miraculously'' finding his form again![;)]

Do I need to spell it out further for the really thick thickos?[:^)]

Let''s look at this another way, what would you think of Lambert if you were a Villa fan? If your patience are wearing thin now, what would this do? Wigan fans must be rubbing their hands together! Love Holt but a massive club like Villa looking at a player who has struggled in the championship.

Please also note that Lambert sold Bent 6 months ago. I know who I would rather have.

Would never right Holt off, but can''t see villa fans being chuffed with this. Probably 6 month loan and by the time his loan ends, Lambert will be gone.

Can''t see anyone dismissing anyone or slagging Holt off, just a bit surprised by Lambert. I''m sure he could get Morrison from Millwall if he really wants to tufn villa into the top 10 side their fans expect.

We would not sell Holt to Villa in the summer.  Holt goes to Wigan gets injured and all of a sudden becomes worse than Dean Coney.  Wigan think he''s so bad they''re desperate to offload him within 6 months!  Surprise, surprise, Lambert comes in and signs Holt on loan / for peanuts! Holt then ''miraculously'' finds his form!

[ap]

[quote user="Just Dan"]I think you''re right Morty, very odd.[/quote]
It defies belief. A player who is frankly old, overweight, and massively out of form.
And before anyone carps on about leadership qualities, Grant built the position he had at Norwich based on his time at the club. If anyone thinks the Villa players will suddenly listen to a washed up loan player and suddenly treat him as the legend that we (rightly) treated him as, then they are deluded.
Part of me thinks this surely must be a wind up.

Lambert just about confirming this move in his post match interview.Called Holty a "Proper Man" !! AhhhhhHolty and Lambo, sitting in a treeK I SS I N G