Sign in to follow this  
southstand

Well said Lake District Canary

And the one we started with

Not sure where you were educated

But certainly not in Suffolk

Dumpling comes to mind or ss

Of course you got personal! !

He''s hardly likely to come out in support of himself is he.

Two people did, the latter said seconded, hence my comment about both of you.

It''s really not that hard is it?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]He''s hardly likely to come out in support of himself is he.

Two people did, the latter said seconded, hence my comment about both of you.

It''s really not that hard is it?[/quote]

To confused

Enough said -good night - we are not on our own

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="southstand"]Good night

You are not on your own

Enough said[/quote]

Thanks southstand!  [:D]I don''t think City 1st agrees with you though, somehow [:S]

[/quote]

LDC''s tactics for the Fulham game

http://www.ausfailure.com/wp-content/uploads/begging.jpg

[quote user="southstand"]Good night You are not on your own Enough said[/quote]

Lakey writing to himself, move along.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"][quote user="southstand"]Good night You are not on your own Enough said[/quote]Lakey writing to himself, move along.[/quote]

I was waiting for someone to say that.  Congratulations for being the first.

Well I supose we are all supporters and each hace a different view on things! LDC is an enigma, I think there are those on here who just try to derail threads, there are those who write great threads, there''s the run of the mill fans who each form a view and air it then there are the extreme let and right wing where some fall!

But I have to say we are a third season premeirship squad with some of the best players we have ever had on paper, these players are iternationals and proven at other bigger clubs and yet here they are faltering, why is the question! There are a number of creative attacking players who have voiced concerend over the past couple seasons and some have moved on, I''m sure others will too.

Then the last two home games have seen a glimpse of things to come for Hughton if we fail to win tonight and if things start to go bad on Saturday!

The question is if statisitcally it make no difference to change manager, it might have a postivie impact to the players and fans alike, a new start and better football on the pitch (Sunderland are a class side to watch and have improved no end) why stick with Hugton LDC? Or Anyone, why stick with dyre football and not getting the results?

It''s not down to us, but the board made the targets and will have the final say, let''s hope it''s not too late and not after a deafeat to Hull.

[quote user="Indy"]The question is if statisitcally it make no difference to change manager, it might have a postivie impact to the players and fans alike, a new start and better football on the pitch (Sunderland are a class side to watch and have improved no end) why stick with Hugton LDC? Or Anyone, why stick with dyre football and not getting the results?[/quote]I''ve just written this on another thread but it answers your question from me Indy.''I am only trying to be objective, but the investment of resources and

commitment given to this manager have to bear fruit.   Our club can''t

afford to chop and change managers like other clubs - it would cost too

much of our limited resources every time.   So to me it has always been a

long term appointment and if you read Lavanche and Parma Ham''s posts,

they describe very well what Hughton is trying to achieve.   That it

hasn''t happened well enough yet is clear, but there have been glimpses

of what we can do when confident, so we have imo to hold our nerve and 

see if things will improve. 

Its easy to say "change the

manager" when there are millions of pounds in your rich owner''s pockets,

but the reality for our club is somewhat different.''

The real question is why do so many clubs change then? If it''s so detrimental to the outcome why?

I would have agreed with you pre Christmas, and I did, I pinned my colours to the mast after sitting on the fence, but the way we have gone backwards in play, no results to speak of and flat atmosphere both home and away of late just smacks of change required!

I don''t see how anyone can actually defend Hughton, I can see that you have a good arguement regarding funds but I don''t think it''s about holding our nerve anymore, Hughton does not fit Norwich and has an issue with getting the most out of some very good players. For me it''s time for a change and I wonder if the board have only allowed Hughton to get player in on loan as they too are fast approaching making this choice?

Well now Indy, Christmas is only 3 weeks gone. If you change your mind that often when you''ve nothing to lose imagine what it''s like for the board...

[quote user="Indy"]

The real question is why do so many clubs change then? If it''s so detrimental to the outcome why?

I would have agreed with you pre Christmas, and I did, I pinned my colours to the mast after sitting on the fence, but the way we have gone backwards in play, no results to speak of and flat atmosphere both home and away of late just smacks of change required!

I don''t see how anyone can actually defend Hughton, I can see that you have a good arguement regarding funds but I don''t think it''s about holding our nerve anymore, Hughton does not fit Norwich and has an issue with getting the most out of some very good players. For me it''s time for a change and I wonder if the board have only allowed Hughton to get player in on loan as they too are fast approaching making this choice?[/quote]

Some clubs simply have more money and can afford it.

Defending Hughton is difficult.   However, if  he is on the right track - as Lavanche and Parma say (and they both appear quite knowledgable) - then he needs time to get the balance right.   We''ve been hampered by injuries a bit this season and new players acclimatising - but that isn''t the only reason. It is imo the club that have committed us to this long term strategy of building something sustainable - that is why we have a manager so different to Lambert - who was a bit of a one off.    Hughton has a remit to build the club.   That doesn''t happen overnight.  

I know all the arguments against Hughton - some are understandable, some are not, but the bottom line is that given the remit he had, he has not had everything in his favour so far to achieve that.   Injuries, new players, old players not up to the task or whatever, the job isn''t half done yet.   Its a connundrum,  but for me there is no magic solution.   Change can lead to change can lead to change and before you know it we''ll have had another four or five managers in as many years - to what effect?   Costing the club millions in buying new players to appease new managers and millions in compensation.   And where would we be?   If we''re lucky, fighting for mid-table and trying to stay away from bottom three - and thats where we are now - fighting for mid-table and fighting to stay away from the bottom three.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"]

I don''t see how anyone can actually defend Hughton, I can see that you have a good arguement regarding funds but I don''t think it''s about holding our nerve anymore, Hughton does not fit Norwich and has an issue with getting the most out of some very good players. For me it''s time for a change and I wonder if the board have only allowed Hughton to get player in on loan as they too are fast approaching making this choice?[/quote]

Some clubs simply have more money and can afford it.

Defending Hughton is difficult.   However, if  he is on the right track - as Lavanche and Parma say (and they both appear quite knowledgable) - then he needs time to get the balance right.   We''ve been hampered by injuries a bit this season and new players acclimatising - but that isn''t the only reason. It is imo the club that have committed us to this long term strategy of building something sustainable - that is why we have a manager so different to Lambert - who was a bit of a one off.    Hughton has a remit to build the club.   That doesn''t happen overnight.  

I know all the arguments against Hughton - some are understandable, some are not, but the bottom line is that given the remit he had, he has not had everything in his favour so far to achieve that.   Injuries, new players, old players not up to the task or whatever, the job isn''t half done yet.   Its a connundrum,  but for me there is no magic solution.   Change can lead to change can lead to change and before you know it we''ll have had another four or five managers in as many years - to what effect?   Costing the club millions in buying new players to appease new managers and millions in compensation.   And where would we be?   If we''re lucky, fighting for mid-table and trying to stay away from bottom three - and thats where we are now - fighting for mid-table and fighting to stay away from the bottom three.

[/quote]

But your reasons for his performance is the same for every club LDC, each have had injuries, new signings etc. etc. but the manner of our performances has not improved.

Nutty that''s the key for me, just before December we got a couple of results and I thought that might turn things around, but alas no, over Decemebr we have not improved in fact gone backeward losing to a Fulham side who shipped 4 against the bottom side and not won since beating us! We payed well against a make shift Man U until half time and the second half we were awful and lost a game we had a chance of getting something out off!

I was bored out my skull the last two home games, we create nothing of any note and the second half agains a very poor Fulham we allowed them so much time on the ball it was criminal. No sorry I wanted to give Hughton more time, but not now, we need a change and a fresh approach. We need life back in the team and on the terraces.

Yes Indy. And if we win the next 2 you''ll probably change your mind again. That''s fine. In my opinion that''s far more healthy than being entrenched in a view regardless. But the fact that you have changed your mind so frequently surely vindicates the boards actions so far.

I''m confused, what did LDC say?

or is this thread just generally praising the fact that he says stuff and it is said well?

Did I miss a big speech or something??

Question, how many of the inners actually support CH as opposed to being against changing managers at this time. Most things I''ve read are just argueing the stats of changing managers not extolling the virtues of our boss and how he will take us forward in the future.

Certainly whilst I concede it may now be too late to change, I can''t face the prospect of watching a Hughton team home and away next season

Well my stand is that I''m happy to leave it to the board. If they think keeping Hughton is our best chance of staying up it''s good enough for me. Whilst the past two seasons haven''t been as exciting as the previous three, memories of the last time we went through all of this are still fresh in my mind. How many times did I hear ANYBODY would be better than Worthy....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes Indy. And if we win the next 2 you''ll probably change your mind again. That''s fine. In my opinion that''s far more healthy than being entrenched in a view regardless. But the fact that you have changed your mind so frequently surely vindicates the boards actions so far.

[/quote]

No Nutty that is not correct, I sat on the fence for a long time and said so and yes if we are getting results playing this style then fine, you can argue that Hughton is doing a good job, but that is not the case. There were a number of games since WBA which I would have liked either points (preffered) or at least a good show and to be honest we have had neither, one half against Man U second 11 does not do it for me!

I admit that after the WBA result I said Hughton should be give the season but we have not moved on in fact in my opinion we are moving backwards with more issues, players are now aware that points are needed that will add to their pressure each game.

No, sorry but I''ve said it from the start and will say it now, regardless of now and the end of the season I want a change.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How many times did I hear ANYBODY would be better than Worthy....[/quote]Yes, and the board took way too long to react which lead to steadily worse performances, a huge slide down the table and a toxic atmosphere as Carrow Road...Are you really suggesting that you''d be happy to put up with this AGAIN, just so the board can delay swinging the axe on ''Mr Nice Guy''...

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Question, how many of the inners actually support CH as opposed to being against changing managers at this time. Most things I''ve read are just argueing the stats of changing managers not extolling the virtues of our boss and how he will take us forward in the future.

Certainly whilst I concede it may now be too late to change, I can''t face the prospect of watching a Hughton team home and away next season[/quote]

I do actively support Chris Hughton. Overall I think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Any fair-minded person can see he''s working for Norwich to be a more attacking team. Outings in 4-4-2 are becoming increasingly common this season, which is not indicative of somebody trying to sit back and play for a draw. I don''t think playing Hoolahan in 4-4-2 at this level is a good idea either as midfielders have to work that much harder and Hoolahan is not much of a ball winner, or ball keeper for that matter. The only formation I''d really go for him in is 4-2-3-1 with our current squad so that there''s the extra cover behind him.

The players themselves seem to be a little lacking in fight. For that I think you need some of the right characters on the pitch. It disappeared with Holt, but I have some hope that Gutierrez may be bringing some of that with him. There''s not many international class players, let alone for a country like Argentina, who would have the stomach for sticking with a club after demotion to the Championship and be a massive part of battling their way back up to the Premier League.

Some interesting other comments by Gutierrez of note: That he likes Hughton''s managerial style. There can be no question that he''s chosen Norwich because Chris Hughton is here.

This first half of the season has been woeful in terms of quality. That said, there''s been some good stuff as well and we find ourselves in 15th despite all this.

Despite the crescendo of negativity from a number of the fans, the players still believe in CH. That should speak volumes in my opinion and it would be great if some of the fans could respect that and get behind all of them. He and the players will turn it around, I''m certain of it.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Year of the tiger"]Question, how many of the inners actually support CH as opposed to being against changing managers at this time. Most things I''ve read are just argueing the stats of changing managers not extolling the virtues of our boss and how he will take us forward in the future.

Certainly whilst I concede it may now be too late to change, I can''t face the prospect of watching a Hughton team home and away next season[/quote]

I do actively support Chris Hughton. Overall I think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Any fair-minded person can see he''s working for Norwich to be a more attacking team. Outings in 4-4-2 are becoming increasingly common this season, which is not indicative of somebody trying to sit back and play for a draw. I don''t think playing Hoolahan in 4-4-2 at this level is a good idea either as midfielders have to work that much harder and Hoolahan is not much of a ball winner, or ball keeper for that matter. The only formation I''d really go for him in is 4-2-3-1 with our current squad so that there''s the extra cover behind him.

The players themselves seem to be a little lacking in fight. For that I think you need some of the right characters on the pitch. It disappeared with Holt, but I have some hope that Gutierrez may be bringing some of that with him. There''s not many international class players, let alone for a country like Argentina, who would have the stomach for sticking with a club after demotion to the Championship and be a massive part of battling their way back up to the Premier League.

Some interesting other comments by Gutierrez of note: That he likes Hughton''s managerial style. There can be no question that he''s chosen Norwich because Chris Hughton is here.

This first half of the season has been woeful in terms of quality. That said, there''s been some good stuff as well and we find ourselves in 15th despite all this.

Despite the crescendo of negativity from a number of the fans, the players still believe in CH. That should speak volumes in my opinion and it would be great if some of the fans could respect that and get behind all of them. He and the players will turn it around, I''m certain of it.[/quote]Do they ? Surely if they did they wouldnt be giving zero effort and have had such a shocking Xmas.And surely the likes of Wes wouldnt be itching to put on a claret shirt.Truth be known without knowing players active in the first team ( and i know none ) then we can''t be sure. Anyone who actively knows the truth wouldnt post as then they could happily forget next weeks invite to poker night !

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No Nutty that is not correct, I sat on the fence for a long time and said so and yes if we are getting results playing this style then fine, you can argue that Hughton is doing a good job, but that is not the case. There were a number of games since WBA which I would have liked either points (preffered) or at least a good show and to be honest we have had neither, one half against Man U second 11 does not do it for me!

I admit that after the WBA result I said Hughton should be give the season but we have not moved on in fact in my opinion we are moving backwards with more issues, players are now aware that points are needed that will add to their pressure each game.

No, sorry but I''ve said it from the start and will say it now, regardless of now and the end of the season I want a change.

[/quote]

Good for you. But West Brom away was only last month....