Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

11 clubs, 17 games, 6 points

Yes it''s a tough final four games, but we have to play those teams at some point.  Our 21 games so far included Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, and we''ve got 20 points from those 21 games.  So if we continue at the same points per game we would end up on 37 points, which is uncomfortable but should be enough.

Yes we''re on a bad run, but not as bad as e.g. Fulham had when they lost 5 in a row.  It''s crucial we pull out some results soon, like when we beat West Ham and Palace.  That''s the way football goes, after some bad results a club tends to get a few good ones.

What it comes down to is the bottom 11 clubs are only separated by 6 points so the margins are unusually tight.  The season will turn on a few key results for a lot of teams.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I detect a movement in your stance Lakey as a few short weeks ago you were positive things would improve but now you prefer to keep thinking things will improve. You were throwing around the word positivity like confetti but you appear to be drifting towards hoping.

Welcome to the real world. It is painful for all of us but like Ricardo I have seen the ups and downs,the comings and goings of managers and star players and it gives me no pleasure to say that I can smell when all is not right at my football club....... that time is now.

[/quote]

I am less positive than previously, but only for reasons of where we find ourselves at this moment in time.  We surely have to put management issues to one side and focus on the football now.   The coffee smell may have gone stale for you, but no amount of digging around the subject of the manager is going to  improve that.  He is surely here now for the rest of the season, whatever anyone may think or want. The fresh coffee smell is going to have to come from what we''ve got.   Injured players returning, Gutierez and possibly one or two more coming in. 

Given that Hughton is probably here for the season, would it not be sensible to accept him, try and put differences to one side and focus on the battle - one that could see us in tenth place, or twentieth place.  Its too close to call at the moment, but for me that is where we are and it could go either way.  That gives me a sense of excitement as well as trepidation - but isn''t that what football is about?  Its why I''m looking forward to the next match (Hull) so much.   Hughton is here for the season  - he has to improve things and I am confident he will - but that is just my opinion.