Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

McNally out?

Never thought I''d say it, but if he is standing in between us and Hughton leaving.

And between us and Lambert coming home.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Never thought I''d say it, but if he is standing in between us and Hughton leaving.

And between us and Lambert coming home.[/quote]And what other chief executive with McNally''s outstanding CV will we get in? It''s hardly likely that the rest of the board, with zero prior experience of running a football club between them, would oust the man who took us from the Neil Doncaster era up to the top flight by the scruff of our neck. Be careful what you wish for.

McNally''s CV before joining was a few years at Fulham where he once appointed Lawrie Sanchez and a few years as a marketing director at Celtic.

How about David Dein?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Never thought I''d say it, but if he is standing in between us and Hughton leaving.

And between us and Lambert coming home.[/quote]

Go and do your homework….

" Never thought I''d say it, but if he is standing in between us and Hughton leaving.

And between us and Lambert coming home. "

Funny, I thought Lambert had a job at the moment....

[quote user="Le Juge"]McNally''s CV before joining was a few years at Fulham where he once appointed Lawrie Sanchez and a few years as a marketing director at Celtic.

How about David Dein?[/quote]David Dein is 70 years old and has had a long and distinguished career in football''s very highest echelons. I doubt he''d take us seriously if we said we''d just overthrown our perfectly capable CE in the hope of luring him off the after-dinner circuit. Seriously, McNally is not the problem here. If Hughton''s still here when we''re mid-table in the Championship, *that''s* a problem with the board.

I whole heartedly agree, Mcnally is the biggest joke of the lot. "mcnasty" my 4rse mr nice as pie. Championship here we come 4-0 hull at the weekend!!!!

Well I disagree.

The board have failed to dismiss Hughton, we haven''t won in 8 games, and if we get relegated I will blame them.

Hughton was their appointment and if he relegates us then I will blame the board for both the appointment and failure to act on his failure.

[quote user="MrMcGoo1809"]I whole heartedly agree, Mcnally is the biggest joke of the lot. "mcnasty" my 4rse mr nice as pie. Championship here we come 4-0 hull at the weekend!!!![/quote]

I see your lot are now 2-2.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Peter Kenyon.

You asked for candidates, how many do you want?[/quote]He''s working with Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough IIRC.A vote of no confidence in David McNally could be absolute suicide for this club, much more so even than letting Hughton take us down to the Championship. We had a five-year plan to get to the Premiership, and we got there in three. I''ll be as irked as anyone if McNally lets Hughton take us down, but on his results so far we need to give him some credit. ''Hughton out'' protests I have no problem with, especially for those poor sods who keep travelling the length of the country to watch us play defensive dross, but ''McNally out'' or ''board out'' protests are just crazy.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Well I disagree.

The board have failed to dismiss Hughton, we haven''t won in 8 games, and if we get relegated I will blame them.

Hughton was their appointment and if he relegates us then I will blame the board for both the appointment and failure to act on his failure.[/quote]Okay, well let''s have this conversation again at the end of the season. If that does happen, the board will have to shoulder some of the blame. However, fan discontent has been relatively muted so far - no ''Hughton out'' chants, let alone protests - I doubt the board will stand by and watch us lose the next two or three games with the fans getting increasingly irate. They know he''s on borrowed time, and defeat against Hull is only going to hurry things up.

And between us and Lambert coming home.[/quote]I seemto have slipped into some parallel universe - McNally being blamed for stopping Delia from doing the right thing...Absolutely priceless. The worm turning or chickens coming home to roost, or some mixture of those old saws.

You think Delia is keeping Hughton in a job Purple?

Can you remember why Lambert left mate? Because he fell out with McNally and Bowkett.

He never fell out with Delia and MWJ, called them wonderful people.

If you are under the impression that Delia and MWJ are pulling the strings then you are probably mistaken.

[quote user="Le Juge"]You think Delia is keeping Hughton in a job Purple?

Can you remember why Lambert left mate? Because he fell out with McNally and Bowkett.

He never fell out with Delia and MWJ, called them wonderful people.

If you are under the impression that Delia and MWJ are pulling the strings then you are probably mistaken.[/quote]Er, no. That is what you seem to think.

Er, no. I think that McNally and Bowkett are keeping Hughton in a job.

You seem to be confused.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Er, no. I think that McNally and Bowkett are keeping Hughton in a job.

You seem to be confused.[/quote]I am not confused at all. Just a failure of cyber-irony after I had a fits of the giggles at your notion that Smith and Jones want Lambert back and McNally in particular is blocking the idea. I think that may not be the case.

Le Juge you come out with some daft stuff but tonight you''ve lost the plot buddy.

None of us know what the board are thinking PurpleCanary.

But what I am thinking as a fan is that the buck has to stop with the board for appointing the wrong man and then failing to act when that became apparent.