Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

Maybe, stop going to the games?

If the so called ''Hughton Outers'' are that bothered, perhaps they would refuse to go to any matches until he''s gone.

I haven''t been since Villa at home last season. And I won''t go until he is gone.

Just an idea?

Do you have a season ticket?

There isn''t many season ticket holders who would do that for obvious reasons.

If you have a ST, I take my hat off to you

If you are a casual ticket buyer then, that''s a very easy statement to make

I didn''t say you were an inferior fan, and I think you know that.

Yes I agree that it is depressing< I wanted Hughton out last season.

I would have to ask myself serious questions come feb when ST renewals are sent out if Hughton is still here

I don''t get the whole ''just stop going'' argument. If you can''t sit through the dross then you haven''t earnt the right to enjoy the success.

This does not mean you aren''t allowed to vocalise your feelings though. I''ll still go, get really frustrated, go for a beer, winge to my mates that Hughton needs to go etc. Its just all part of being a City fan.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]If the so called ''Hughton Outers'' are that bothered, perhaps they would refuse to go to any matches until he''s gone.

I haven''t been since Villa at home last season. And I won''t go until he is gone.

Just an idea?[/quote]

Bury Yellow? Is that you??

Picked up some tickets yesterday for the man city game, not many left to choose from. Just a few single seats here and there.

Man city may return some yet? Probably not

So someone must be going

When I first saw this thread I wondered if it was some sort of wind-up.But, with the benefit of hindsight, I remembered  that the Inners have form on this. Lots of it, in fact.It goes rather like this ;There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing. So the final toy to be ejected from the pram is accompanied by a "well stop going if you don''t like it" (or sentiments to that effect). In other word suggesting that the rest of us are not true friends of the club and we should stop giving the club our patronage.Which makes it all the more ironic that another favourite riposte from them is that we(ie those who do not share their narrow views) "run down the club and run down the fans ".You couldn''t make it up .......

And this isn''t made up now is it Reggie? I''m sure you can link to where I''ve said that just like I can link to this and all the other lies you tell to discredit the club and fans...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]When I first saw this thread I wondered if it was some sort of wind-up. But, with the benefit of hindsight, I remembered  that the Inners have form on this. Lots of it, in fact.  It goes rather like this ;There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing. So the final toy to be ejected from the pram is accompanied by a "well stop going if you don''t like it" (or sentiments to that effect). In other word suggesting that the rest of us are not true friends of the club and we should stop giving the club our patronage.Which makes it all the more ironic that another favourite riposte from them is that we(ie those who do not share their narrow views) "run down the club and run down the fans ".  You couldn''t make it up .......[/quote]

"Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing" Losing what?  The argument?  The argument is still up and running and will keep going.   Perhaps its you who are frustrated because you can''t win the argument.   There are no winners in this - until either Hughton succeeds in getting the team to function better, or he fails to do that.

Btw, its a touch desperate to make up things to suit your agenda - you''ve been doing it quite a bit recently, this latest post included. It doesn''t help your case.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]When I first saw this thread I wondered if it was some sort of wind-up.But, with the benefit of hindsight, I remembered  that the Inners have form on this. Lots of it, in fact.It goes rather like this ;There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing. So the final toy to be ejected from the pram is accompanied by a "well stop going if you don''t like it" (or sentiments to that effect). In other word suggesting that the rest of us are not true friends of the club and we should stop giving the club our patronage.Which makes it all the more ironic that another favourite riposte from them is that we(ie those who do not share their narrow views) "run down the club and run down the fans ".You couldn''t make it up .......[/quote]Only you just have Reg.Plenty of people have given up over the years because they haven''t been happy with one thing or another. Many drift away when a favourite player is sold or one or two seasons go by where nothing much happens. You have as much right to withdraw your support as you have to give it.Many have fallen by the wayside never to return. They usually blame the club or other supporters who didn''t agree with their stance in the first place. I really don''t hold much store by these boycott ideas, I''ve seen plenty and none have ever worked, the instigators usually drift away in the end anyway.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Losing what?  The argument?  The argument is still up and running and will keep going.   Perhaps its you who are frustrated because you can''t win the argument.   There are no winners in this - until either Hughton succeeds in getting the team to function better, or he fails to do that.

Btw, its a touch desperate to make up things to suit your agenda - you''ve been doing it quite a bit recently, this latest post included. It doesn''t help your case.

[/quote]You see, there you go again Lakey. I never mentioned anything about the overarching argument (ie as to whether Hughton must stay or not) Of course that cannot be won or lost until it''s finally decided, presumably by the board. So you are right on that score !No , and as you know perfectly well, I was referring to the rather silly little spats that you  and some others seem to engineer  over trifling matters. If you think that I''m making that up, then you must be deluded, because other people have noticed it. So, again for you to accuse me of the same thing is pretty rich.In your defence though I will say that at least you tend to keep things civil and sensible. as opposed to the hysterical twaddle that Nige is too often guilty of. Like this "denigrating the club and it''s loyal fans" nonsense that he keeps regurgitating like a friesian cow. Somewhat bizarrely he says he has "links" to and "evidence " of  these alleged crimes, but, significantly, he never chooses to present them.So, Lakey, as I''ve said before, both you and I basically sing from the same hymnsheet. I certainly do not have any "agenda" , as you imply. We both love the club and its amazing fans, but are just at odds as to how best things can move on !?

[quote user="ricardo"]Only you just have Reg.Plenty of people have given up over the years because they haven''t been happy with one thing or another. Many drift away when a favourite player is sold or one or two seasons go by where nothing much happens. You have as much right to withdraw your support as you have to give it.Many have fallen by the wayside never to return. They usually blame the club or other supporters who didn''t agree with their stance in the first place. I really don''t hold much store by these boycott ideas, I''ve seen plenty and none have ever worked, the instigators usually drift away in the end anyway.[/quote]Precisely what have  I "made up". Rick ?I''m not denying that over the years many supporters give up, not only for the reasons you cite, but others, such as lack of money, ill health etc.No, what I''m objecting to is the knee-jerk "if you don''t like what''s going on, then stop going"  suggestion that seems to be in vogue from the Hughton Supporters (or at least some of them) at present. It''s not helpful, nor is it realistic.So perhaps you can explain in what way precisely, I''m making that up? Because, if you really wish I can show examples of the trait from the last week or so.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]Losing what?  The argument?  The argument is still up and running and will keep going.  Perhaps its you who are frustrated because you can''t win the argument.   There are no winners in this - until either Hughton succeeds in getting the team to function better, or he fails to do that. Btw, its a touch desperate to make up things to suit your agenda - you''ve been doing it quite a bit recently, this latest post included. It doesn''t help your case. [/quote]You see, there you go again Lakey. I never mentioned anything about the overarching argument (ie as to whether Hughton must stay or not) Of course that cannot be won or lost until it''s finally decided, presumably by the board. So you are right on that score !  No , and as you know perfectly well, I was referring to the rather silly little spats that you  and some others seem to engineer  over trifling matters. If you think that I''m making that up, then you must be deluded, because other people have noticed it. So, again for you to accuse me of the same thing is pretty rich. In your defence though I will say that at least you tend to keep things civil and sensible. as opposed to the hysterical twaddle that Nige is too often guilty of. Like this "denigrating the club and it''s loyal fans" nonsense that he keeps regurgitating like a friesian cow. Somewhat bizarrely he says he has "links" to and "evidence " of  these alleged crimes, but, significantly, he never chooses to present them. So, Lakey, as I''ve said before, both you and I basically sing from the same hymnsheet. I certainly do not have any "agenda" , as you imply. We both love the club and its amazing fans, but are just at odds as to how best things can move on !?[/quote]I''ll try again Reg - "There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing."  That is what I take exception to. There is nothing to lose on here, its a message board.

I''ve been caught by certain posters in the past who have delighted in twisting  my words and mis-representing what I have put, but I have found the best way of dealing with that kind of thing is to name, shame and walk away from it.  If you don''t like the heat, don''t get in the frying pan.  Nutty is a past master at getting under your skin - if he wants to - so the best thing is to walk away if you can''t handle it.   Ricardo is pretty straight down the line and talks a lot of sense.  Me? I don''t try to engineer spats over trifling matters. I might rant occasionally, lecture or whatever you want to call it, but I don''t do it over anything I consider trifling.  Apart from that the only poster I get into spats with occasionally is Morty - and macho man  deserves every ounce of flack he gets imo " lol"......... [;)].  

Actually, getting back to the thread, I think the OP has a point.  If you don''t like it don''t go.  Lack of customers doesn''t help any business and gets the point across better than anything.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''ll try again Reg - "There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing."  That is what I take exception to. There is nothing to lose on here, its a message board.

I''ve been caught by certain posters in the past who have delighted in twisting  my words and mis-representing what I have put, but I have found the best way of dealing with that kind of thing is to name, shame and walk away from it.  If you don''t like the heat, don''t get in the frying pan.  Nutty is a past master at getting under your skin - if he wants to - so the best thing is to walk away if you can''t handle it.   Ricardo is pretty straight down the line and talks a lot of sense.  Me? I don''t try to engineer spats over trifling matters. I might rant occasionally, lecture or whatever you want to call it, but I don''t do it over anything I consider trifling.  Apart from that the only poster I get into spats with occasionally is Morty - and macho man  deserves every ounce of flack he gets imo " lol"......... [;)].  

[/quote]OK. If you prefer I''ll say some spats that you come off "second best" in. Nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to all of us from time to time, myself included.I hope that you aren''t accusing me of misrepresenting and twisting, as it really isnt my style, Lakey. Your descriptions of the dramatis personae is pretty fair. I wouldn''t say that Nige is a ''past master'' at anything though. He likes to think he is, but, like many others I''ve clocked him and the preposterous lies he tells. which is why  I''ve done as you suggest above .."named, shamed and walked away." Don''t bother to get into one of his stupidy engineered arguments any more . Plenty of well informed, sensible posters on here to chew the fat with, so no need to waste valuable time on him. Nnot really a question of not being "able to handle it".Rick is an interesting one. Great poster, but too often gets bogged down with "stats" or at least his interpretation of them.

I think we''re all part of the Norwich City family - NN, Ricardo, yourself, everyone on here - even Morty.  We argue but I think we all want the best for the club.  Times are interesting to say the least, hence the strength of feeling on show.  We are in a position of both peril and success - poised to go either way, up or down.   Our football is poised likewise imo - too mediocre at times but with tantalising glimpses of what we are capable of.  

Its going to be exciting, but nerve wracking at the same time over the next few weeks.   I really think the Hughton detractors need to re-assess the situation taking everything into account, accepting him and get behind the team and manager to help us as much as possible.  Its the football that matters now to the end of the season, not petty arguments.   The manager debate has to become a side-show until we get to a time when it has some relevance - at the end of the season.  Things are too important now to let things get any more divisive.  We need to pull together.

[quote user="lake district canary"].  We need to pull together.

[/quote]I''m certainly not going to disagree with that sentiment, and the only way it can be manifested is at 3pm on Saturdays (or similar !), where for 90 mins we get behind the team. I''m afraid that if you think in other media we are all going to pipe down and start speaking with one voice, Lakey...sorry, but it aint gonna happen . To my mind thazt''s where the board have missed a trick. Big time . If they had replaced the manager back in Nov/ Dec, when it was being suggested, then if, as Rick would have us believe, nothing improved, then the board (and your camp) could have said "well we did what you want , but nothing has changed".But now, unless the results improve, and soon, there is a grave risk (probably a near certainty) that matches will be overshadowed by acrimony, demonstrations and poisonous distractions. ie just the opposite of the sort of "pulling together" you mention.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"].  We need to pull together.

[/quote]I''m certainly not going to disagree with that sentiment, and the only way it can be manifested is at 3pm on Saturdays (or similar !), where for 90 mins we get behind the team. I''m afraid that if you think in other media we are all going to pipe down and start speaking with one voice, Lakey...sorry, but it aint gonna happen . To my mind thazt''s where the board have missed a trick. Big time . If they had replaced the manager back in Nov/ Dec, when it was being suggested, then if, as Rick would have us believe, nothing improved, then the board (and your camp) could have said "well we did what you want , but nothing has changed".But now, unless the results improve, and soon, there is a grave risk (probably a near certainty) that matches will be overshadowed by acrimony, demonstrations and poisonous distractions. ie just the opposite of the sort of "pulling together" you mention.[/quote]I have no interest in ''I told you so'' scenarios. Survival in the Premier League is what I''m interested in for the time being. I believe we will do that under Chris Hughton this season and kick on from there next season. As I said in another thread, our second ten games of this season were a lot better on points and goals than the first 10. I hope the third will be better again. In the meantime, I passionately don''t want some random manager picked to replace the existing one that stands to offer no significant gain while potentially standing to offer substantial loss.

Dear Marge,I am a Hughton-Outer. Apparently the best way to demonstrate my commitment to this cause is to stop going to games. But I don''t go to games anyway. Should I carry on not going, or should I start going to games so I can then stop going?Yours in confusion...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''ll try again Reg - "There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing."  That is what I take exception to. There is nothing to lose on here, its a message board.

[/quote]OK. If you prefer I''ll say some spats that you come off "second best" in. Nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to all of us from time to time, myself included.I hope that you aren''t accusing me of misrepresenting and twisting, as it really isnt my style, Lakey. Your descriptions of the dramatis personae is pretty fair. I wouldn''t say that Nige is a ''past master'' at anything though. He likes to think he is, but, like many others I''ve clocked him and the preposterous lies he tells. which is why  I''ve done as you suggest above .."named, shamed and walked away." Don''t bother to get into one of his stupidy engineered arguments any more . Plenty of well informed, sensible posters on here to chew the fat with, so no need to waste valuable time on him. Nnot really a question of not being "able to handle it".Rick is an interesting one. Great poster, but too often gets bogged down with "stats" or at least his interpretation of them.[/quote]

I''m glad you two have an agenda for my posts. But as this conversation demonstrates it''s not an agenda to ignore me. In fact Reggie mentions me in many of his posts often on threads I haven''t even been on. You will notice that I don''t bother with you two in the same way. Can you work out why that is.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''ll try again Reg - "There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing."  That is what I take exception to. There is nothing to lose on here, its a message board. I''ve been caught by certain posters in the past who have delighted in twisting  my words and mis-representing what I have put, but I have found the best way of dealing with that kind of thing is to name, shame and walk away from it.  If you don''t like the heat, don''t get in the frying pan.  Nutty is a past master at getting under your skin - if he wants to - so the best thing is to walk away if you can''t handle it.   Ricardo is pretty straight down the line and talks a lot of sense.  Me? I don''t try to engineer spats over trifling matters. I might rant occasionally, lecture or whatever you want to call it, but I don''t do it over anything I consider trifling.  Apart from that the only poster I get into spats with occasionally is Morty - and macho man  deserves every ounce of flack he gets imo " lol"......... [;)].   [/quote]OK. If you prefer I''ll say some spats that you come off "second best" in. Nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to all of us from time to time, myself included.  I hope that you aren''t accusing me of misrepresenting and twisting, as it really isnt my style, Lakey. Your descriptions of the dramatis personae is pretty fair. I wouldn''t say that Nige is a ''past master'' at anything though. He likes to think he is, but, like many others I''ve clocked him and the preposterous lies he tells. which is why  I''ve done as you suggest above .."named, shamed and walked away." Don''t bother to get into one of his stupidy engineered arguments any more . Plenty of well informed, sensible posters on here to chew the fat with, so no need to waste valuable time on him. Nnot really a question of not being "able to handle it".Rick is an interesting one. Great poster, but too often gets bogged down with "stats" or at least his interpretation of them.[/quote]

I''m glad you two have an agenda for my posts. But as this conversation demonstrates it''s not an agenda to ignore me. In fact Reggie mentions me in many of his posts often on threads I haven''t even been on. You will notice that I don''t bother with you two in the same way. Can you work out why that is.....

[/quote]

No agenda from me, Nutty.   It is just a question of once bitten twice shy.   Any agendas are of your own making.......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''ll try again Reg - "There is some sort of spat on here which, Nige, Lakey, Ricardo, and co end up losing."  That is what I take exception to. There is nothing to lose on here, its a message board. I''ve been caught by certain posters in the past who have delighted in twisting  my words and mis-representing what I have put, but I have found the best way of dealing with that kind of thing is to name, shame and walk away from it.  If you don''t like the heat, don''t get in the frying pan.  Nutty is a past master at getting under your skin - if he wants to - so the best thing is to walk away if you can''t handle it.   Ricardo is pretty straight down the line and talks a lot of sense.  Me? I don''t try to engineer spats over trifling matters. I might rant occasionally, lecture or whatever you want to call it, but I don''t do it over anything I consider trifling.  Apart from that the only poster I get into spats with occasionally is Morty - and macho man  deserves every ounce of flack he gets imo " lol"......... [;)].   [/quote]OK. If you prefer I''ll say some spats that you come off "second best" in. Nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to all of us from time to time, myself included.  I hope that you aren''t accusing me of misrepresenting and twisting, as it really isnt my style, Lakey. Your descriptions of the dramatis personae is pretty fair. I wouldn''t say that Nige is a ''past master'' at anything though. He likes to think he is, but, like many others I''ve clocked him and the preposterous lies he tells. which is why  I''ve done as you suggest above .."named, shamed and walked away." Don''t bother to get into one of his stupidy engineered arguments any more . Plenty of well informed, sensible posters on here to chew the fat with, so no need to waste valuable time on him. Nnot really a question of not being "able to handle it".Rick is an interesting one. Great poster, but too often gets bogged down with "stats" or at least his interpretation of them.[/quote]

[/quote]

No agenda from me, Nutty.   It is just a question of once bitten twice shy.   Any agendas are of your own making.......

[/quote]

Sorry LDC. I read it that you walked away from my posts. Must have got the wrong end of the stick. You just meant Reggie should.....

Of course reggie likes to post about me all over the board. As you can see from this thread. Reminds me of my mother-in-law....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I wouldn''t say that Nige is a ''past master'' at anything though. He likes to think he is, but, like many others I''ve clocked him and the preposterou s lies he tells.....[/quote]Ha! I think you should provide some links to back up your case......

Well I for one aren''t satisfied with the football currently being played by NCFC......Although I''m going to renew my season ticket next month.........But I''m not going to tell anyone that I have.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Well I for one aren''t satisfied with the football currently being played by NCFC......Although I''m going to renew my season ticket next month.........But I''m not going to tell anyone that I have.....[/quote]Too right. Rubbish as it may be where else can you go and hypocritically insult and swear at a group of professional sportsman?Until the site allows me to type a string of curses I''ll have to vent my annoyance at RVWs inability to shoot on target or get in the right position at the ground, the mutterfudging clint.