Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match Thread Fulham vs Norwich City FC

Just what exactly would it take for Hughton to get sacked?
Seems to me he could bend Delia over the office table in front of MWJ and still keep his bloody job.

The Hughton fan boys are absent again, If they do show I guess it will be..It was only a cup game which we didn''t want to win

Who do we get in?

It may be too late to get in a foreign manager as they will have too much to learn ... the club, the players, the opposition, the Premiership etc.

I think we should go for the man who was judged to be good enough to be SAF''s assistant for five years who has all the knowledge that is needed. As an ex-player he would also know the club and hopefully have feeling for it.

Mike Phelan.

I think Fulham look like a useful team - could be going places - not sure why folks keep saying they have the worst defence in the PL - they kept out our sharpshooters tonight!!

Absolutely pathetic.

Hughton needs to go. He won''t, of course - Gutierrez signing would suggest that the board will back him until the end of the season regardless (or at least until we''re in a real relegation scrap with 5 games to go, all against top-end teams).

Not the only one who I''d be glad to see the back of to be honest - Bunn was cr@p tonight, he''s league 1 standard at best. Fox showed why he struggled to get a game for Barnsley (Hint : He''s pretty much useless defensively and fairly average going forward); Becchio did precisely nothing after coming on and needs to go back to the Championship; Snodgrass improved a bit in the second half but still has a bad attitude and frankly I dont think we would miss him all that much.

We also need to strip Bassong of the captaincy and drop him for 2-3 few weeks, even if that means we bring in one of the youngsters - He''s been lazy and complacent ever since getting that new contract and needs to be taught a lesson.

[quote user="city4eva"]The Hughton fan boys are absent again, If they do show I guess it will be..It was only a cup game which we didn''t want to win[/quote]Actually, I''ve been sticking by Hughton, for a long time, but that was simply too much to cope with.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]there are no positives from this other than the board were there to watch it.[/quote]

The board are always there to watch it. Depends if they think they''re wrong about Hughton. If they still think he''s a good manager they may look for other options. It''ll be interesting to see. There''s no reason like all the players can''t have the pride that BJ showed.

Just back from watching it on BT Sport at my sons house.Load of old tripe, the usual FA Cup fare, thankfully over for another year.Redmond and Murphy still haven''t produced a single telling cross since before Xmas. The forwards will never score until they do.

[quote user="ricardo"]Redmond and Murphy still haven''t produced a single telling cross since before Xmas. The forwards will never score until they do.[/quote]I thought some guy posted on here recently with a load of stats to back up how fabulous Redmond was.Have to say I think he has his moments but then so do other members of the squad. Unfotunately football needs consistency over 90+ minutes not moments .

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="ricardo"]Redmond and Murphy still haven''t produced a single telling cross since before Xmas. The forwards will never score until they do.[/quote]I thought some guy posted on here recently with a load of stats to back up how fabulous Redmond was.Have to say I think he has his moments but then so do other members of the squad. Unfotunately football needs consistency over 90+ minutes not moments .[/quote]Nice little run from Murphy early on but apart from that he was anonymous second half, two crosses neither of which got a foot off the ground or beat the first man. Him and Redmond are pretty to watch but they have absolutely no end product. For all the criticism of Snoddy he at least gets a ball in occasionally.

Yeah I noticed Murphy was getting mauled a fair bit but it would have been good experience for him. Agree about Snodgrass as he does at least know what a tackle is as well as being able to cross. Again he makes mistakes but I''d say he gets more right than he''s given credit for on here.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="canaryfan68"]The one positive of the night......we are 1 game closer to Hughton going!![/quote]Trouble is that applies to whoever you support.[/quote]

And it''s one game closer to the next manager who ever that may be.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"][quote user="ricardo"]Redmond and Murphy still haven''t produced a single telling cross since before Xmas. The forwards will never score until they do.[/quote]I thought some guy posted on here recently with a load of stats to back up how fabulous Redmond was.Have to say I think he has his moments but then so do other members of the squad. Unfotunately football needs consistency over 90+ minutes not moments .[/quote]Nice little run from Murphy early on but apart from that he was anonymous second half, two crosses neither of which got a foot off the ground or beat the first man. Him and Redmond are pretty to watch but they have absolutely no end product. For all the criticism of Snoddy he at least gets a ball in occasionally.[/quote]... but it was Murphy that crossed for the Snodgrass goal in the first FA Cup game against Fulham (4 Jan) - so your comment in bold above, simply isn''t true.

Watched on BT Sport. Apart from the first five minutes in either half we were dreadful and clueless. Worse there was no fight and we never really looked like scoring. I was prepared to give Hughton etc time to get it sorted but it''s just not happening and now something has to change and quickly. Feel for the NCFC supporters who braved it at Fulham.