Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match Thread Fulham vs Norwich City FC

Bunn; Whittaker, Martin, Bassong (c), Garrido; Fox, Johnson, Snodgrass; Redmond, Josh Murphy, Elmander.

The team for tonights game, never going to score

haha yes they must be

their team

Stekelenburg; Riether, Hangeland, Burn, Richardson; Karagounis, Sidwell; Dejagah, Kasami, Kačaniklić; Bent.

6-0 thrashing here we come :)

I quite like that team tbh. I''d rather Hoolahan in for Snodgrass and any of the other strikers in for Elmander but other than that I think its a decent cup lineup.Will be interesting to see what having two pacey outlets on the wings can do for us.

Seeing that makes me wonder why we just didn''t play half the youth team instead!Stick Morris upfront, McGeehan and the Murphy''s in midfield and maybe give someone like Toffolo a game at the back with Bennett.If we''re not going to bother putting the first team out, at least give the youngsters some invaluable game experience!

btw just to let people know they just said on bbc radio Norfolk that for tonight the game will be available in full online via the bbc website rather than when it usually gets cut off

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]And still Becchio can''t get a game...that guy must have smashed a mirror on his way to Carrow Road or something...[/quote]

I don''t often feel sorry for footballers, but Becchio really does have my sympathy!.Is he on the bench?

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Why isn''t Hoolahan playing unless he is off to Villa? It''s not like he will be tired ![/quote]Because apparently Snodgrass has to play ever game no matter what sort of form he''s in

[quote user="Tiffey Boy"]I don''t often feel sorry for footballers, but Becchio really does have my sympathy!.Is he on the bench?[/quote]No, he isn''t!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Tiffey Boy"]I don''t often feel sorry for footballers, but Becchio really does have my sympathy!.Is he on the bench?[/quote]No, he isn''t![/quote]Actually he is, but he won''t get onsubs

Ruddy (GK), van Wolfswinkel, Fer, Hoolahan, Becchio, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Looks like we''re hoping for a 0-0, extra time & pens[/quote]I actually don''t know what message that team selection is sending out tbh (other than we don''t care about the FA cup), but at east we may get to see Fox at his passing best again (got to be a silver lining SOMEWHERE in that lot)...

Sorry, not sure how I missed seeing Becchio on the bench, but MP is right, he''s unlikely to be given any sort of chance (he may get 5 mins at the end if Elmander is knackered)...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d hate to sit near any of you lot at the games. Thrown the towel in already between ya...

[/quote]

Or an opinion on the team selection.,,

I am not sure that I would want to sit next to you if you offer no views on anything.

[quote user="Jh1990"]lets be honest Hughton wants out of this cup, hense the very weak team[/quote]

Is it that weak really? Only four of those names, goalkeeper aside, weren''t pretty regular first team last season.

Taking into account the next two home matches, that''s a stronger team than I expected to be honest and one that seems to make good use of the senior players in the squad whilst also protecting players for the next two matches. The absence of RVW and Hooper indicates to me a strong possibility of them both starting vs Hull Tigers (and Hoolahoop if he is still with us). It will be interesting to see how Elmander plays and also Snodgrass playing behind him in the "No. 10" position I guess, something a few on here have been suggesting recently. Is that really close to a full strength Fulham side???