Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Why not Lambert?

So he had a falling out with McNally and Bowkett.

But they must have got on well enough for most of three years.

McNally and Bowkett could swallow their pride and attempt to build bridges. OK so usually it takes compromise from both sides, and for both sides to concede their mistakes.

But people who fall out can mend relationships, the only thing standing in the way is a bit of pride and ego.

Lambert isn''t liked by Villa fans and is under pressure. Hughton isn''t like by Norwich fans.

McNally and Bowkett are suddenly having their own positions questioned by some after their decision to stick by Hughton into the transfer window at a time when the clubs around us had changed manager.

We need Lambert more than he needs us, but if he wants to keep that record of never getting sacked then we could prove convenient for him too.

I can''t see what the problem is in trying.

Jose Mourinho and Roman Abramovich kissed and made up after he was sacked after a fall out.

[quote user="Le Juge"]

Seems pretty simple to me.[/quote]as do you at times

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Le Juge"]

Seems pretty simple to me.[/quote]as do you at times

[/quote]

Eloquently put.

Perhaps you (or the other one who replied) can explain why they don''t believe the board and Lambert can attempt to reconcile, rather than dismiss the suggestion out of hand without explanation?

I don''t buy the fallout with the board story. Lambert left us for the supposedly greener grass of Villa. He got a nice offer and took it. Who''s to say he won''t do it again and sod off at the drop of a hat?

We are already a laughing stock because of our performances we don''t need to fuel the fire more by going cap in hand back to Lambert.

"Who''s to say he won''t do it again and sod off at the drop of a hat?"

I''d rather have a good manager who may walk than a terrible manager who is leading us to relegation and will leave with a big pay off.

[quote user="Brightside"]I don''t buy the fallout with the board story. Lambert left us for the supposedly greener grass of Villa. He got a nice offer and took it. Who''s to say he won''t do it again and sod off at the drop of a hat?

We are already a laughing stock because of our performances we don''t need to fuel the fire more by going cap in hand back to Lambert.[/quote]eh ?Bowkett has openly stated that there was rift, and that they hadn''t spoken for a couple of yearsLambert DID NOT get a better offer then lefthe was pretty much shown the door before his agent touted him round - a sinking Villa was the best offer he got

There''s a huge difference between leaving us to go to Villa and going to Villa because he left us.

There is ZERO chance of him working with McNally and Bowkett again.

"There is ZERO chance of him working with McNally and Bowkett again"

But there is a chance of him working with Norwich City again? Well we know what the answer is then.

For those of you who would welcome him back tomorrow .......... I think there are tens of thousands of Villa fans who would be happy with that as well!

I''m very firmly of the opinion that Hughton needs to go, but even I''d struggle to justify bringing Lambert back.There was a keen sense when he left that he was running out of steam with us and that he genuinely didn''t think he could do much more, and I don''t think anything has changed since that point to suggest otherwise (certainly not some of the abject Villa performances or their fans views of him).Instead of looking backwards we need to look forwards, and ideally I think this should be a continetal manager who actually wants us to play football and isn''t averse to changing things when needed.This is why I was so heavily touting people like Favre, Guidolin and Rijkaard before we even signed Hughton, and frankly (no joke intended), any one of those three would be a better option than Lambert, and without all the other BS that would come with him if we did make an approach...

[quote user=" Zak Van Cartman"]There''s only one simple thing on this thread... [:$][/quote]
^^^
This.