Sign in to follow this  
MrMcGoo1809

bassong worse than the Doc??

At fault for the first goal and out of position for the second...how on earth is he on the pitch let alone still club captain!

Been saying this for weeks now and usually get shot down. Bassong is a liability. Bennett is ten times the player this season. What should we do - keep playing him till he gets better?Its like being a dirty old smack addict!

Bassong is going through a really bad patch of form, and if he was at a club that had more resources available to them, he''d have been sat on the bench long before now, but the additional centre back that we all knew we needed in the summer never appeared (despite all the talk about players like Alderweireld etc).We''re now in the unfavourable position of having Turner out for a month, with only Bennett or Martin who can really come into the defence to replace him, leaving just the other to change for Bassong...I have to say that despite a decent run of form when he was called upon to play CB, I don''t see a Martin/Bennett partnership as being particularly stable - especially not against sides who have powerful front men such as Lukaku or Carroll.We''re now paying the price for our laxity in the transfer market in this area, and yet the only person we''ve signed so far this window is a defensive winger!We saw last season that an on-form Bassong is a great player who rightly deserved his votes for POTS, but that''s not the guy who''s playing at the minute, whether this is because he''s carrying an injury, has become complacent (after all - who is going to take his spot off him), or is being demotivated like it appears 90% of the team is in general, I genuinely don''t know, but we absolutely need to bring in another good CB in this window, if for no other reason than to give Bassong a break and make him realise that he needs to be on-form to be picked, rather than just turn up for training...

OP is ridiculous, could learn a thing or two from a post like this;[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Bassong is going through a really bad patch of form, and if he was at a club that had more resources available to them, he''d have been sat on the bench long before now, but the additional centre back that we all knew we needed in the summer never appeared (despite all the talk about players like Alderweireld etc).We''re now in the unfavourable position of having Turner out for a month, with only Bennett or Martin who can really come into the defence to replace him, leaving just the other to change for Bassong...I have to say that despite a decent run of form when he was called upon to play CB, I don''t see a Martin/Bennett partnership as being particularly stable - especially not against sides who have powerful front men such as Lukaku or Carroll.We''re now paying the price for our laxity in the transfer market in this area, and yet the only person we''ve signed so far this window is a defensive winger!We saw last season that an on-form Bassong is a great player who rightly deserved his votes for POTS, but that''s not the guy who''s playing at the minute, whether this is because he''s carrying an injury, has become complacent (after all - who is going to take his spot off him), or is being demotivated like it appears 90% of the team is in general, I genuinely don''t know, but we absolutely need to bring in another good CB in this window, if for no other reason than to give Bassong a break and make him realise that he needs to be on-form to be picked, rather than just turn up for training...[/quote]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]And he had a mean WWE arm drag take down as well[/quote]

i think it was worthingtons last game where where he clearly dragged a player down and was sent off, then he desperately pointed to his head to try and convince the ref he actually managed to win the ball with his head...aaaah memories!

Bassong is not a patch on the liability that was the doc....so many fond memories of him getting skinned and wrestling the opposition to the floor....

bassong; like the doc, comes up 4 every corner and never looks like scoring