Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Problems Deeper than Hughton?

The fact that Hughton was even in charge prior to today''s game annoys me, and the problem lies with McNally and the board. When McNally sacked Gunn within a few weeks of his (McNally''s) appointment, i thought that finally we had someone who doesn''t mess around, unlike the previous directors/executives. But at the minute, it seems to me that all McNally is doing is messing around. Sacking hughton after the Man City display would have been the right call, but McNally kept him on, and to make it worse, Hughton revealed that there was never any consideration over his job... I mean, we conceded 7 goals, and you don''t even stop to think "hang on a minute maybe this guy isnt as good as i thought". Does hughton literally have to resign? The guys behind the scenes need to take a serious look at how the club is run, its easy to see that the Hughton Era has destroyed fan morale, matchday atmosphere, club reputation etc etc. The guys clueless and so is McNally if he still thinks he''s right for the job. Either that or he''s too stubborn to admit he''s wrong.If i had my way both would go. McNally was brought in to run a League 1 side. Whole different ball game in the Premiership.

Good post. Lets sack the manager - lets sack the board - lets sack the tea ladies - don''t forget to get rid of the players too - why not sack the fans too - on second thoughts as we''re so rubbish why don''t we just close the club down.  Then everyone will be happy. The whole thing is like a pack of cards, once on the downward spiral its difficult to stop.  The only way to stop it is to hold your nerve, take a deep breath and keep going.   Worthy, Grant, Roeder, Gunn.   You can sack people - but you then have to replace them with better.  Easy to say sack people - much harder to replace them with any better.   That is the conundrum.   That is what makes football so difficult.   A new manager you might say "couldn''t do any worse" but could he do any better?  Same with a chief exec, same with Delia. If she went and some foreign owner took over - we could end up like Cardiff with different colours and a ego maniac in charge.   Be careful what you wish for.

Won''t sack him as we''re not in the relegation zone even though we might be soon!

McNally would get the same reaction from the press as west brom did with Clarke and I believe he doesn''t want that.

All the press and media love hughton, oh what a nice guy and what a good job he''s doing but they don''t have to watch the games week in week out to see how he is taking us backwards after spending 25 mil and getting rid of players deemed not good enough!

It''s simple. Hughton isn''t getting remotely the best out of the squad and we will be relegated if he stays.

We have absolutely nothing to lose. Any Norwich fan that thinks he can somehow turn everything around is either very easily pleased or doesn''t get out very much.

Hughton is finished.