"We couldn't have started the game any better than we did"

"Some of our possession game was really good"

Guess who?

"Our football was good"

"There were periods of the game when we showed

quality on the ball"

He is a fu cking loon.

Get him sectioned.

you beat me to it. I can''t bare listening to him anymore. he talks loads without saying anything. he''s talking about our failure in front of goal, what about our defending? He sounds lost and clutching at straws...

I agree that the first 5 minutes were good. I certainly wouldn''t highlight that out when the remaining 85 were so poor. As for quality on the ball, what on earth has he been smoking?! That was like watching a sunday league team. I''d like to see our pass completion rate tonight.

[quote user="yossarian"]

Get him sectioned.[/quote]Why? what he said was true, we did start quite well.Unfortunately he omitted the bit about defending like schoolboys and dismally failing to supply one decent cross all game.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] I''d like to see our pass completion rate tonight.[/quote]

Sure about that?

Yes, quite often the possession is good ............ but it never leads to an end product, we seem completely bereft of ideas.

The stats are there to back him up.

Possession:

Fulham 48%

Norwich 52%

Shots:

Fulham 10

Norwich 14

We are just devoid of all confidence at the moment.

[quote user="Barossa"]The stats are there to back him up.

Possession:

Fulham 48%

Norwich 52%

Shots:

Fulham 10

Norwich 14

We are just devoid of all confidence at the moment.[/quote]

It''s the confidence that bothers me the most. I caught the end of the game and all of them looked completely dejected. A large part of top class sport is a confidence thing and the team looked like it was at a real low. I just hope they can raise themselves for Saturday otherwise we''re closing in on a downward spiral.

Yeah even thought I like the football Hughton tries to play I''m bit worried about confidence of some players. Other thing is that he got so easily rid of 4-2-3-1 after we had succesful previous season with it. Ofc this is a bit squad related issue, but I still can see no point of playing 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 if we get crushed so easily at midfield.

So in my opinion we should start to look improved version of Hughton, if player confidence doesn''t improve and he keeps playing out of his comfort zone under the pressure of playing more open football from the fans.

And what comes to those quotes, it was all quite much true. We had our moments in the game, but abysmal errors made Fulham''s road clean for easy victory.

Also about the passing the ball I could disagree a bit with him. Our central passing needs to improve.

[quote user="vlad666"]you beat me to it. I can''t bare listening to him anymore. he talks loads without saying anything. he''s talking about our failure in front of goal, what about our defending? He sounds lost and clutching at straws...[/quote]

Agree entirely. Just comes out with the same rubbish every week and talks as if we played well. Lets be honest Fulham were very poor again, as per their recent form, but we were weak in every department. No leadership, backed out of many tackles, complete inability to build any consistent attacking play, usual practice of passing to team member already closed down and tightly marked, slow thinking etc etc. Mention of us having more possession. Quite true but most of it meant passing the ball backwards.

Looked like Calderwood''s strange tactics. Fox played as our defensive midfielder with Bradley Johnson, not our best passer, playing as a left sided midfield attacker, and occasionally all over the place. At times in the secondhalf he was in front of the Wolf who spent most of his time in midfield looking for a decent pass, which never appeared.

Hull is definitely the last chance saloon for Hughton.