Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Bradley Johnson

Agreed he has been the only one tonight. He hasn''t got the quality required though. Says a lot when Johnson is our best player.

"Can''t pass, championship player"

Most of them will be Championship players in about four months time.

He would be he is that bad with the ball but hard working he only has a chance of getting games under this clueless buffoon! When Lambert left and we were due to progress to the next level of player he was top of the list for replacement. Unfortunately fox was the scapegoat and Johnson and his awful ball retention remained!!He is a handy squad player to work hard in the games away to the top 6 sides whilst fresh.

BJ the only one to come out with any credit. Fox gave Hughton every reason not to ever pick him again. Wont see him play for norwich under this management

Bradley was the only player who actually did his job tonight.

David Fox was extremely poor. Apparently his strength is passing, but that was woeful tonight. The way he lost out for their third goal was weak.

Hughton has lost the plot, but the players have let him down badly. Not acceptable for guys who get paid so much to not even do the basics, and they should be more ashamed tonight than after any other defeat this season.

But it''s not about being a so called weaker member of the squad. It''s about a lot of the so-called stronger members of the squad not having the same stomach for the fight.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But it''s not about being a so called weaker member of the squad. It''s about a lot of the so-called stronger members of the squad not having the same stomach for the fight.

[/quote]or deciding that this is the only way to get the inept Hughton out

watch the change once he has gone

Really good to see at least one player with that level of fight but he must look around him and think at the end of the day it''s pointless.

I don''t like our style of play against Hughton, i''ve made that clear. I don''t understand what his structure is. We start with two out and out wingers yet after 10 minutes try and play through the centre. Bizarre.

To be honest City1st, if that is the case then I might have to think about stepping back from supporting Norwich and start supporting grass roots football.

Those players are incredibly privileged, have a wonderful opportunity and a phenomenal lifestyle. Even if Hughton was a nasty character hated by all I would still expect them to do the basics and put in a performance.

Hughton will deservedly take the stick, but the lack of backbone by the majority of our squad makes me sick, and frankly wonder why I bother supporting the club at all.

I''ve got a bit of time for Johnson because he is a trier but he comes up short in terms of quality and his use of the ball is often poor.

As I said on another thread, what are you hoping to win with a midfield of Fox, Johnson and Snodgrass?

It just hasn''t got enough about it to compete at this kind of level.

He remains a park dog, amazing to watch his enthusiasm and how well he follows the ball around, but you never know where the ball will end up. Not enough quality for prem and effort alone won''t get us the points we need.

Tried hard tonight but little went for him. Most decisions from the ref seemed to go against him apart from the one were the guy was booked.

The system doesn''t help the players. We know BJ can be a good player, he was phenomenal in previous seasons

[quote user="AJ"]The system doesn''t help the players. We know BJ can be a good player, he was phenomenal in previous seasons[/quote]

Phenomenal?

Or better than average to good?

[quote user="AJ"]The system doesn''t help the players.[/quote]Totally agree[quote]We know BJ can be a good player, he was phenomenal in previous seasons[/quote]I think you''ve over-reached on that one though AJ...

Yes Johnson isn''t the strongest passer, but part of that is due to the style of football we play under hughton. No one makes runs, no one moves to get the ball, we play so deep that when we do get on the ball, usually we''re under high pressure. Under a better manager this weakness wouldn''t be as noticeable and he''d be a better player for it.

[quote user="Canary"]Yes Johnson isn''t the strongest passer, but part of that is due to the style of football we play under hughton. [/quote]Not really, his passing was just as poor under Lambert where we played much more attacking football.78% pass success rate under Lambert77% this season under Hughton(Think it was 72% last season - eek!)

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Canary"]Yes Johnson isn''t the strongest passer, but part of that is due to the style of football we play under hughton. [/quote]Not really, his passing was just as poor under Lambert where we played much more attacking football.78% pass success rate under Lambert77% this season under Hughton(Think it was 72% last season - eek!)[/quote]A fair point, but its more about the types of pass he''s making. Under lambert, we''d have both fullbacks and, in most games, Hoolahan in attacking positions looking for the ball. Johnson was quite comfortable playing these passes and it kick started an attacking move, and Johnson would get credit for it, and was therefore considered a better player.Under Hughton he cant make these passes as the players aren''t open. Instead he goes backwards and the fans get restless and annoyed at him for it, when actually its the style of play to blame. Thats why he''s considered worse under Hughton.

Agree on Bradley Johnson and all credit to him, I also thought Snodgrass gave enough last night although many will never give him credit these days. But why do players not take their chance when they are given it? Fox really needs to take a look at himself after last night as in particular do our two full backs, who can and have done better, but were terrible last night against what was a very average Fulham!