Sign in to follow this  
yoda

What are the board waiting for ?

It must be a money issue what other reason is there for them sitting back while we get relegated ?

We are back to the dithering Worthington , Roeder and Gunn days , there is not 1 good reason to keep this man in charge

I''m a big supporter of our board. Wouldn''t want to change any of them. But I''m beginning to worry now.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]Iam starting to think it could be the fact Hughton is one of VERY few coloured managers, and they fear a press backlash. There is no way on gods green earth he is being kept for his football manager skills.[/quote]Don''t be silly, they''ve kept faith with the manager but all things have a sell by date. Hull will be his last chance because there will be a crowd reaction if its a poor result Saturday.If we win he''ll survive if we lose he will be gone. Thats my opinion anyway.

Up till now I''ve stood by the board. They have done a pretty good job.But I really am beginning to lose faith in them in the same way I did in Hughton.Really not interested in Ricardo''s post sacking performance studies.They must sack Hughton NOW.Nothing to lose.

Whats your problem City ? You think it hasnt crossed the mind of board members, considering Hughton is even now still a media darling ? Is he that because his is a top manager, a great guy or black ?

If he does a great job, he could be fu cking pink for all i care. But to dismiss the fact is very very naive !!

[quote user="ricardo"]They''ve kept faith with the manager but all things have a sell by date. Hull will be his last chance because there will be a crowd reaction if its a poor result Saturday. If we win he''ll survive if we lose he will be gone. Thats my opinion anyway.[/quote]Not so sure. Perhaps if it was a very bad defeat, the kind that destroys hope of improvement, and if there was a replacement lined up. I am thinking of the awful game against Everton that ended with Saunders either being sacked, or walking out, depending on your sources.

but as he is not doing a great job it does seem to be a ''consideration''hmmmm

Not being in the bottom 3 has saved him but he should have gone after the Villa defeat proved we had all the same problems as last year.

9 wins in 42 league games.

Newcastle were right in sacking him, nice guy or not. Hughton cannot manage at Premiership level because he is too frightened to express himself.

the fact we are not in the bottom 3 and his mandate is to keep us in the prem. Also he has avoided the sack in my opinion on 3 previous occasions, west brom game last season and the Palace and West Ham game this season. all 3 time the chips have been down he has got the result.

It appears when he is under the most pressure he does something to the team to get them to win the game, when its not on he gives us the 0-0 mentality.

The home league game against Fulham would have also got him the sack but for the surprise win at West Brom followed by 2 draws.

Just have the feeling we will win on saturday, which will justify the FA Cup defeat to the board and will live on until the next ''''must win to keep your job'''' game comes along.

" .... all things have a sell by date. Hull will be his last chance because there will be a crowd reaction if its a poor result Saturday.

If we win he''ll survive if we lose he will be gone. Thats my opinion anyway."

Tend to agree with you Ricardo. Any manager can survive one or two horror shows, especially when there are mitigating circumstances (like 4 or 5 first team members injured), but it''s a different story when there is a sequence of bad results.

Tonight was perhaps excusable as this was clearly a second team, but losing again 3-0 to a club that has conceded 20 goals over 5 of its previous 7 games (the other 2 were in 2 games against us) sets up Saturday as a true "must win" and win well game.

Lets be frank there is only Mc Nally who has any real clue what to do.he has backed his man financially and is being loyal beyond the call of duty. Many of us have grown to hate the performances and style of football but grudgingly through respect to Mc Nally due to past achievements had faith in him to do the right thing. He is only human and i suspect he realises his mistake but it is almost too late to change with any great optimism that things will change. Hull will be the defining game if we do not win that then i fear a reaction like the Burnley game which saw the end of Worthington. What do we do then? try for a longer term solution or go with someone to the end of the season and see what happens. It will not be an internal appointment as the rest of the management team are all part of the problem

Whats your problem City ? You think it hasnt crossed

the mind of board members, considering Hughton is even now still a media

darling ? Is he that because his is a top manager, a great guy or black

?

If he does a great job, he could be fu cking pink for all i care. But to dismiss the fact is very very naive !!above posted by mygodwearepoorIt looks like you do care otherwise why mention it.The colour of his skin hadnt even entered my head until then.Sad that you think otherwise

Spot in Ricardo. I actually think we will win and then draw the next one. Hoots will stay in charge and it''ll be a long, dull season with us see-sawing around the bottom 6. I don''t actually blame CH or the players, it''s just not really working. It must be pretty stale in the dressing room, what is there left to say? Personally I''d remove his two sidekicks and bring in a motivator with fresh ideas, a fresh voice and support for CH. Would love Dublin to come back as a coach and think Williams has a good rapport with players.

It is not often at the moment I agree with ricardo but I do on this one. Also with YC- frankly this all smells of Burnley at home all over again, a post match board meeting and an announcement. Losing 3-0 to a team who just lost 1-4 to another relegation candidate and who got beaten 6-0 by Hull (not exactly Man City) is just extraordinary. These humiliations just keep piling up and even the most positive of individuals would have difficulty staying so right now.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]It is not often at the moment I agree with ricardo but I do on this one. Also with YC- frankly this all smells of Burnley at home all over again, a post match board meeting and an announcement. Losing 3-0 to a team who just lost 1-4 to another relegation candidate and who got beaten 6-0 by Hull (not exactly Man City) is just extraordinary. These humiliations just keep piling up and even the most positive of individuals would have difficulty staying so right now.[/quote]Exactly right. If the worst happens you can see this situation being replayed. It won''t be the first time in our history that one defeat too many finally pushes a manager over the edge. Everton did it for Saunders and Burnley did it for Worthy. Once the crowd turn it''s all over.Should we win than I think the saga will go on.

[quote user="ricardo"]Should we win than I think the saga will go on.[/quote]Precisely the reason, Ricardo, why some of the more switched-on of us were calling for CH''s removal after the Anfield fiasco. Most of us could see the way the wind was blowing long before then. Someone, yesterday (think it was Tilly) said words to the effect of that he''d seen these sort of scenarios before , can tell when something smells rotten in the club, and he''s getting a distinct whiff of that this season. I am in the same boat as him, and know exactly what he''s getting at. I know you are a man for the "statistic", but this is just a gut feeling, and something, somewhere really does feel ill at ease within NCFC. you only neededfto watch last night''s excuse for a display (and, frankly, that at Everton, ) to see that.Once again we find ourselves on the horns of a dilemma,. Lose to Hull and I''m confident we''ll get some positive moves from on high. But that would mean the loss of yet another 3 pts. Points that we can ill afford to lose. As someone else has said this morning. "Rock and a Hard Place".......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]Should we win than I think the saga will go on.[/quote]Precisely the reason, Ricardo, why some of the more switched-on of us were calling for CH''s removal after the Anfield fiasco. Most of us could see the way the wind was blowing long before then. Someone, yesterday (think it was Tilly) said words to the effect of that he''d seen these sort of scenarios before , can tell when something smells rotten in the club, and he''s getting a distinct whiff of that this season. I am in the same boat as him, and know exactly what he''s getting at. I know you are a man for the "statistic", but this is just a gut feeling, and something, somewhere really does feel ill at ease within NCFC. you only neededfto watch last night''s excuse for a display (and, frankly, that at Everton, ) to see that.Once again we find ourselves on the horns of a dilemma,. Lose to Hull and I''m confident we''ll get some positive moves from on high. But that would mean the loss of yet another 3 pts. Points that we can ill afford to lose. As someone else has said this morning. "Rock and a Hard Place".......[/quote]You may well be right on that score, only time will reveal the truth.I have no emotional investment in Hughton one way or another and as I''ve told you before every manager has a sell by date and Hull could be that day for CH.My stance on whether it will make any difference to the points we gain this season is an entirely different discussion.