Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Steve Clarke In!

I agree that Steve Clarke would be a great appointment. I think in many peoples opinions he was given the chop at West Brom too soon and would''ve kept them up comfortably. His management style and tactics would suit us I think! Malky is not the answer, it''s a romantic idea but we need a proven premier league manager now. 

I was a fan of Clarke from his first days in management, when he did well on a shoe-string budget. I am not sure how good he really is at Premiership level, however. He did well last season with one or two excellent loan signings, but faded at the end- even struggling against us!

This season he struggled, despite some excellent players in his squad. It was terrible to see some good players performing badly against us, and giving us the points. There was something wrong, whether manager deficiencies, or personalities.

So I have to say that I am not so confident about him now. Perhaps there were reasons unknown to us for his dismissal, but his squad has not performed to the standard they should.

There is a question mark in my mind. At the moment it does not seem that other clubs are beating a path to his door.