Sign in to follow this  
Spiderman

jonas gutierrez

It''s amazing how expectation changes, a former Argentian international who has been playing top flight footy (other than 1 season), for a big (ish) club like Newcastle, is now deemed "not" good enough in some peoples eyes, this all being before he has even kicked a ball.

Now I admit to not being inspired by this signing, but I certainly haven''t written him off, and with the tough run we are about to embark on we could do with some experience in the dressing room.

Decent enough signing in my opinion.

Only just managed to get back on here, I''m glad that my little insight has been helpful to some of you. I honestly think Jonas will win a lot of people over! I''d have him at Newcastle still if it was up to me. You have to realise as well, a lot of our fans used Jonas as a scapegoat a lot of the time. It was often his minor errors that would be pulled up after a game, not Cisse''s inability to hit a barn door with a banjo, or Ben Arfa''s ball greedy antics wasting perfectly good chances.

As a club that''s unfortunatley looking as though they could be in for a relegation battle, you have a player who will battle for 90 minutes and work as hard as he can to get the ball back. Another thing worth mentioning is that he''s right footed and 99% of the time played on the left - That sort of ''cutting in'' winger, which is another reason as to why he doesn''t put a great deal of crosses in.

Give him a chance, I''m sure he won''t disappoint.  

FAO: Devil''s Advocate - As a Newcastle fan, that appears to be our primary methods in the transfer windows. Works quite well at times, because it''s not like you''re signing a player for 5million+ which could end up being a complete waste of money. As for not trusting Hughton''s signings, I think you''re looking too much into it there mate.