Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

End the Relegation system

So y''all want entertaining football? Well it''s the fear of relegation that killing football so let the FA change the system so that there''s no more relegation/promotion in the PL.

If the fear is taken away footsie will become much more open and attacking, more goals, more fun to watch.

The club would have to serve up an entertaining product to keep the fans signing up for season tickets. Sky TV would be happier with more entertains, higher-scoring games and the cash tills will keep ringing Ai there''s no danger of us not being able to compete financially.

Sure there would be losers - the Championship bit whip caeea about Wigan or Wolves. Give the winners entry to Europa Cup or summat to keep them happy and leave us big boys to get on with playing the beautiful game.

Tell that to the massive support that Leeds get and all the other ''bigger'' clubs currently not at the top table.... as we haven''t been for most of the time.

It would kill off the Championship and wouldn''t do the Premier League any good either.

The relegation issue is of massive interest. The play-off final from below is now one of the biggest games in the domestic football season.

Awful idea and I would even go as far as to say that if the Premier League were to become a closed shop Norwich City wouldn''t warrant being in it.

I''ll have what OP is smoking, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard

It''s always been the only answer to the fear factor but for those excluded it would be a disaster. That''s why it won''t happen anytime soon.

Purley on entertainment in the top division it''s a great idea. American football is far more exciting because of it. A team thats 1/10 playing a team that''s going for the playoffs will try all sorts of crazy plays making it far more exciting.

It''ll never happen though...

Brilliant idea.I''d also suggest they think about the following as well;* 3 points for a goal, 1 point for a corner.* Multiball time at the end of each half.* At any time, a team can play a Joker card, which means for the next 5 mins, any goals are worth double.* Last goal winsSome people just don''t like change.

quote user="Yellow Wall"

I wonder if your other 663 posts were so ridiculous.

About a third of them were and maybe still are but would you care to expand on the ''ridiculous'' bit. Thanks!

The increased fear of relegation is to do with the financial disparity between the leagues. Falling down the divisions can result in a club going out of business. The existence of the Premier League as a separate self-serving entity means that isn''t likely to change.