Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Hoolahan

Is he Injured?

If not then why on earth did he not play from the start last night. Would have been ideal match practice/fitness for him for the upcoming premier league games.

What has he done wrong to fall so far out of favour?

If the rumours are true and Villa do up their bid, then you cannot blame Wessi for leaving. He would enjoy linking up with Holt and Lambert again.

If I was him I would want to leave asap, I really cannot blame him if he does.

Hughton clearly doesn''t rate him, which says far more about him than it does Hoolahan.

Have you thought that the cup game last night is not priority and Wes has had an injury so why risk him when this Saturday is mch more important.

Or it could be that he is on his way out the club, who knows  but even me one of Wes''s biggest critics want to see him start on Saturday! We need 3 points.

I think he will be gone to Villa soon. The Holt signing was Lambert''s way of saying "come and join your old mate Wes".

Were Wes carrying a knock, taking him at all would have been pointless.

A cup defeat can be as damaging for momentum and morale as a cup win can be positive (just look at the reaction to the performance and result from last night for proof) - so I fail to believe we''d approach last night''s game set up for low-effort defeat in order to ''concentrate on Saturday''. To me, that''s b0ll0cks. Every game should be a game to win.

But back to Wes - it''s fairly obvious to me that he''ll be gone soon. The only thing that would change that now would be if Hughton goes and is replaced by someone who deems Wes to be an essential part of the team.

With every passing day, that seems more and more unlikely.

If I was Wes, I''d be fed up. I''d jump at the chance to leave if another club wanted me. Who wouldn''t?

I feel for the lad still our most technically gifted player and the only one who can unlock defences yet doesn''t get a look in. If i was him i''d of handed in a request a long time ago.

Yeah Wes would jump at the chance however one big problem City need to agree any move as Wes under contract. Do you honestly think we would let him go to another relegation rival and especially to Villa. Next manager may rate Wes Hughton on borrowed time should have gone long time ago.

Of course, I don''t think we should sell any player to anyone near us in the table. Problem is, money talks. It depends how much Lambert want Wes.

If they offer enough money for a player who''s unable to be an asset to us right now (impossible to be an asset if you don''t play), we''ll probably take it. Plus the way things are going, Villa won''t be a ''relegation rival'' for long.