Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Now i know why fox was sent on loan

What a waster everything he did was awful and so lightweight his defending for the 3rd goal was a joke my mother could have done better than that totally bottled it. 

Pointless finding a scapegoat but you do have a point. A point that was evident against Luton last season. But it will be Bradders who will give his all time and time again and get no recognition for it. If only he could have some time on the bench to rebuild his reputation with the fans...

The Silence during and after the game on fox was deafening. Let himself and the side down big time, he was very much not alone though.

Far from alone. Like I said neat with the ball like we expect.

Personally I''m baffled as to why our captain is our captain. Two goals tonight.

If we get a new cb I''d play ryan Bennett with him, turner 3rd and Bassong 4th choice.

The guy has the leadership abilities of a Frenchman. (I know he''s Cameroonian)

That challenge for the 3 goal was a disgrace...and he did uncharacteristically give the ball away cheaply tonight. Started well then went into his shell....much like the other 9 outfield players.

He was still better than elmander...how he didn''t get pulled at ht is beyond belief...wouldn''t mind his sh*tness so much if he worked hard....he contributed absolutely FA

As others have pointed out, Fox needs time on the ball to be effective and he is not going to get enough at this level. I would like to see him given another chance, but can anyone tell me who they would want to see him replace? Fer, Johnson and Fox is the only way I can see him fitting into CM, and then you''re having to go with wingbacks or a 4-5-1.

I don''t blame Fox for the third goal. I blame Bassong who left young Josh wide on his own before retreating to mark no one and the inevitable cross passed him by.

Bassong ponced around in possession all night and his defending was dire. New contract!? Captain?! It''s almost as big a mystery as Elmander starting EVERY game.

Bassong at fault for the first goal, and nowhere to be seen for the second. The guy is way too causal for me, and seems a liability at the moment. Anyone know the latest on Turner''s injury?

Neat and tidy most of the night but it was players further forward where we have no creativity that let us down.

3rd goal poor but defending is not his strong point. Need see the goal again but where was Whittaker? Fox ended up as right back!

Bassong''s form this season is patchy to disinterested. Playing like someone who has one leg out the door. It''s not good enough, but I suspect he is one of a number of players who do not like Hughtons negative tactics as this leaves the defence with too much to do.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Pointless finding a scapegoat but you do have a point. A point that was evident against Luton last season. But it will be Bradders who will give his all time and time again and get no recognition for it. If only he could have some time on the bench to rebuild his reputation with the fans...

[/quote]

Yea 10 other players like the Luton game that didn''t cover themselves in glory but will still trot out at carrow road on Saturday and for as long as hughton is in charge!

[quote user="NorwichNorth"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yea 10 other players like the Luton game that didn''t cover themselves in glory but will still trot out at carrow road on Saturday and for as long as hughton is in charge![/quote]

So I bet Bradders wishes he could have some time on the bench to rebuild his reputation with the fans...

NorwichNorth, it''s all well and good to say that, but who would you like to see Hughton start that is available at the moment? At this moment in time I''d love to kick half the squad out and replace them with people who actually have some pride in their jobs, but the only realistic option is to get rid of the manager and hope you get lucky. Then again, there''s always the youth squads...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="NorwichNorth"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yea 10 other players like the Luton game that didn''t cover themselves in glory but will still trot out at carrow road on Saturday and for as long as hughton is in charge![/quote]

So I bet Bradders wishes he could have some time on the bench to rebuild his reputation with the fans...

[/quote]

For me as a fan it''s about seeing what strengths our players have and looking at that. Johnson''s passing is sometimes not good enough but what he offers is work rate, aggression and a physical presence which sometimes is great and he makes a difference to the team but other times we need better possession and that''s what let''s him down. Swap that round for fox and that''s what you have.

I don''t believe fox has Been made out to be better with not playing. Some people can remember how he played under lambert in the champ and prem and felt he should be given more game time in certain situations. He''s been give 37 mins of prem football in 18 months nowhere near enough to make a judgment of whether he can make a difference. A cup match every few months is not sufficient to make that judgment

[quote user="I.S."]NorwichNorth, it''s all well and good to say that, but who would you like to see Hughton start that is available at the moment? At this moment in time I''d love to kick half the squad out and replace them with people who actually have some pride in their jobs, but the only realistic option is to get rid of the manager and hope you get lucky. Then again, there''s always the youth squads...[/quote]

Agree, not good enough but we''ve got the players we''ve got. For me it''s a confidence thing, don''t want to keep harping on about lambert but he got more out of a lesser squad on paper than hughton has and that for me is down to installing a confidence and belief in the players that is not there!

NorwichNorth, there''s no denying Lambert did a great job with us and we punched above our weight for 18/24 months. Let''s not forget that in his first couple of seasons he was well backed and had good squads. Towards the end of the third season we were waning, and then he chose to jump (or was pushed in the end).No one can know his motivation for sure, but I don''t think it''s unreasonable to say he did not feel he would be able to take us any further and that the only way is down. Hughton has been the perfect fall guy really, and you only have to look at Lambert at Villa to say that it''s not always plain sailing even for the best managers. I''m guessing if you spoke to a lot of their supporters they would have the same opinion of him as a lot of us do about Hughton, regardless of "long-term projects".The way I see it is we either wait patiently like good little fans and endure terrible football and entertainment in the hope we might see some gradual improvement long-term, or we don''t renew our season tickets, or we hope for huge (risky) investment. The board may well roll the dice on a new manager, but if they can''t find a Lambert mk. 2, I guess we have no choice but to cling on, stick together, and hope we can scrape the remaining points needed to secure another season of probably the same thing. Something to look forward to? [:|]

What I cant understand is why when a player gets his chance/s he doesnt take it regardless of the situation at the club or the surrounding circumstances. For me Fox didnt take his chance, and whilst I acknowledge its a team game there were players who did OK last night in my view, namely Snodgrass and Johnson, but the youngsters out wide got let down big time by the majority of the team with the biggest problem being our full backs who were very very poor.  

So Fox wasn''t great last night but he wasn''t any worse than Snodgrass & Elmander have been for most of the season & they get picked week in, week out regardless.

His frailty and lack of robust challenges has been known from his first days, but he was an outlet, and could pass well.

It''s significant, perhaps, that despite the absence of Howson and Tettey, and even Fer for one match, Hughton did not see him as a replacement for Premiership matches. He may have been less than fully match fit when he came back from loan where, incidentally and significantly, he was not used very much, but he must be fit by now.

Tettey seems close to playing again, so Fox seems to be likely to be relegated to non squad status, with the advent of Gutierrez and perhaps another signing. We need Howson back soon, and the longer his absence the greater the risk to us of relegation.

We have been described as being interested in one or two midfielder signings, and one or two names have emerged, so in time there may be less need to use Fox.

[quote user="Making Plans"]So Fox wasn''t great last night but he wasn''t any worse than Snodgrass & Elmander have been for most of the season & they get picked week in, week out regardless.[/quote]Spot on.I''d argue that their underperformances are worse than that of Fox''s because they''ve had regular and consistent playing time whereas Fox hasn''t - hard to perform to your best when you''re called upon 3-4 times in 2 years...

The problem isn''t Fox.  The problem is that Fox has never been replaced by a new player with similar attributes, but of Premier League quality.Every team needs to be capable of retaining possession for sizeable spells at this level.  The fact that Fox became an icon of what Norwich were missing demonstrates that Norwich have not moved forward or evolved.  Why haven''t we gone out and paid serious money for central midfielders (plural) of real quality?