Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Redmond sub

I thought it was harsh on him. He''s a 19 year old and a talented one at that. Yes he wasn''t playing great but he was nowhere near our worst player. I''d have taken Snodgrass off or even Elmander or Fox.

In football everyone has their own opinion. I thought that yesterday he (along with Johnson) played with passion, made a number of great chances, and kept going whilst others flagged.

Rumours on Twitter that Celtic are looking to get him, and I for one would be very disappointed to see him go (though I appreciate ''rumours on Twitter'' means absolutely nothing).

[quote user="Casey"]Snodgrass was our best player yesterday.[/quote]

Was he?

He hit the bar early on and had one good run in the second half where he still took one touch too many and couldn''t quite cut a good enough ball back.

Johnson was maybe our best player just because he put a bit of effort in and RVW looked like he was trying to get us going when he came on but overall it was basically dreadful in every department.

Not a chance we should offload Snoddy.

Once the team starts playing well under a new guy, we''ll see the best of him again.

I just think that being hauled off at half time is a lot for a 19 year old to take that hadn''t been playing badly enough to warrant that. There were far more culpable players out there.

Redmond was awful yesterday, his choice of whether to pass or shoot is woeful.

Snodgrass has annoyed me all season. So much talent but has been worse than crap.

Our crossing is abysmal these people get paid £30-40k a week and can''t cross a ball.

I do wonder what they practice in training because it can''t be attacking.

I''m always happy for Redmond to spend some time on the sidelines at the moment, once Pilkington is back I''d like to see him given 2 or 3 weeks off. It''s vital we don''t burn him out and he''s starting to look jaded.

[quote user="splutcho"]I''m always happy for Redmond to spend some time on the sidelines at the moment, once Pilkington is back I''d like to see him given 2 or 3 weeks off. It''s vital we don''t burn him out and he''s starting to look jaded.[/quote]

^ This.