Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Phone in result

I am on the Hughton Out side now. However i must state the statistical caveat of this.

Proactive people are more likely to vote. This means that most people wanting Hughton to stay won''t have bothered pick the phone up.

I still think the majority at least want him gone though.

OUT - 516   IN 34 …………………………………….

That figure is hotly disputed by our coaching staff.

They insist that out of 600 votes 55% said IN and only 50%

said OUT, 12.1% said nothing and 94% never called at all. 74% called twice and 33%

called three times. 72% could not get through and of those 15% believed they

were voting for strictly Come Dancing.

OUT - 516   IN 34 …………………………………….That figure is hotly disputed by our coaching staff.They insist that out of 600 votes 55% said IN and only 50% said OUT, 12.1% said nothing and 94% never called at all. 74% called twice and 33% called three times. 72% could not get through and of those 15% believed they were voting for strictly Come Dancing.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I am on the Hughton Out side now. However i must state the statistical caveat of this. Proactive people are more likely to vote. This means that most people wanting Hughton to stay won''t have bothered pick the phone up. I still think the majority at least want him gone though.[/quote]

I don''t entirely agree with that. It was a text vote - what could be simpler. I don''t usually bother with these things but I did vote on this occasion. O..U..T spells OUT you go, Hoots.

How representative are Radio Norfolk listeners at 11am on a working day of our fan base?

I''m a Hughton outer but even I can concede that the demographic would be heavily skewed towards older retired people, and geographically I''m sure that rural areas have more listeners than the urban area of Norwich.

Young people don''t listen to Radio Norfolk, and most paying fans will be at work or at school.

Jimmy Smith is right, it''s the same principle that you are more likely to have negative reviews, people can''t wait to complain but can we be bothered to spend our time writing something positive?

[quote user="Le Juge"]How representative are Radio Norfolk listeners at 11am on a working day of our fan base? I''m a Hughton outer but even I can concede that the demographic would be heavily skewed towards older retired people, and geographically I''m sure that rural areas have more listeners than the urban area of Norwich. Young people don''t listen to Radio Norfolk, and most paying fans will be at work or at school.[/quote]

Surely, older retired people are more conservative (with a small "C") and reluctant to change things than a broader more "representative" demographic would be. In which case, you may find a broader age range would vote even more overwhelmingly in favour of managerial change if given the chance to express their point of view. These figures look pretty convincing to me.

[quote user="ricardo"]So what, the Board is the only vote that matters.[/quote]So you keep telling us Ricardo, I guess we should all just stop posting because none of it makes any difference anyway...