Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Just a matter of time now

We now just have to wait. That interview was a moment when the board stood aside from the manager- I have never seen those end in anything other than termination or resignation.

Barring a ten game unbeaten run- which I cannot see happening- CH is now a dead man walking.

The sad thing is with nearly every manager nowadays its always just a matter of time. Pretty much every manager (minus people like Wenger) are dead men walking from the day they take the job.

Hughton was/is never likely to be here for the long term, very few managers achieve that.

Personally even if we beat Hull I think with McNally breaking cover like this you are probably right and its now inevitable.

Every manager is a dead man walking from the minute of his appointment.Some just walk further than others.

With regards to the results vs entertainment discussion, its interesting that Abramovich decided to bring back Mourinho. Mourinho was undoubtedly successful, but left after Abramovich was displeased with the entertainment value. After not being as successful since he left, interesting he went full circle. Did Abramovich finally decide success was better than entertainment? I wonder what Chelsea might have achieved if Mourinho had never left the first time...

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]Even if we beat Hull on Saturday Chris Hughton should go!![/quote]If we do he probably won''t.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]Even if we beat Hull on Saturday Chris Hughton should go!![/quote]If we do he probably won''t.[/quote]According to you he was here for the season whatever , now he is going if we do not beat Hull , seems to me you have lost faith in your own predictions overnight .

I was really hoping they would get it over and done with today, id like the new manager time to bring someone in this January if they felt it was desperately needed.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]Even if we beat Hull on Saturday Chris Hughton should go!![/quote]If we do he probably won''t.[/quote]According to you he was here for the season whatever , now he is going if we do not beat Hull , seems to me you have lost faith in your own predictions overnight .[/quote]He could very well be here for the season. He certainly will still be here if we beat Hull and depending on results a whole lot longer. I suspect we will do enough to survive and so he won''t be going anywhere soon. A bad result can always change that though.They all have a limited shelf life but none of us can see the date.

It very much sounded to me that McNally was suggesting that should we drop in to the relegation zone, then Hughton will go. Whilst our form remains on par with those around us, he won''t take the gamble. He even went so far as to mention the fact that a number of the clubs around us are on bigger budgets, which can certainly be seen as a justification of our current position. If we beat Hull, I doubt CH will be going anywhere. If we lose, and everybody below us does too, it''s quite possible, based on McNally''s comments, that CH will stay too!