Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Bye bye Whitiker

[quote user="CANARYKING"]That must be the worst performance ever by a City player.[/quote]
He was diabolical, however your spelling of Whittaker is pretty poor in itself.

Bassong was worse.

I still blame the manager. These players would be better if a capable manager was brought in. Look at Chelsea under AVB and how they improved when he left.

The whole defence was utter rubbish but then the whole performance was utter rubbish.

No confidence. No belief. No desire.

Can''t just blame one player, the whole performance was shocking

Look at how Sunderland have been playing.

Beat Fulham 4-1 away, Man Utd 2-1, and have 9 points from their last 5 away games in this league.

Their players looked terrible under Di Canio.

We have good players who aren''t responding to their manager.

Whittaker is an OK player who has no confidence.

We need a new manager, the players need a fresh start.

"Whittaker is an OK player who has no confidence"

If so, why play him then? Martin played very well v Man Utd. Why does CH persist in playing out of form players - it''s not just in the cup either - is it just that he has no alternatives, or does he genuinely think that Whittaker is a better option than Martin and Snodgrass is more effective than Hoolahan?

This is what the inners just can''t seem to grasp. You cannot, must not, pass judgement on our players until the three clowns have been booted out.

We have talented lads that are reduced to a pub team on the local park.

What on earth the board are thinking I real don''t know.

Kick these three out now as we are becoming an embarrassment but if we fail to win on Saturday surely it becomes a no brainer.

One of many positives that will come out of it is Nutty Nigel''s inane mutterings may be put to rest.

"If so, why play him then? Martin played very well v Man Utd"

"think that Whittaker is a better option than Martin"

Would this be a good time for me to tell you that Martin did play tonight? Or would that embarrass you?

[quote user="ricardo"]We are very weak at right back. It''s no use coming forward if you can''t defend.[/quote]

russell martin is one of the best right backs I''ve seen in the yellow shirt...why he isn''t starting is a mystery to me

" Would this be a good time for me to tell you that Martin did play tonight? Or would that embarrass you?"

Yes as a CB, what''s the point you are trying to make?

So that''s two people who didn''t watch or listen to the game tonight then.

Russell Martin did play today, FFS.

"russell martin is one of the best right backs I''ve seen in the yellow shirt"

Only just makes my top 5 personally and I''m in my early thirties. Very average player.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]This is what the inners just can''t seem to grasp. You cannot, must not, pass judgement on our players until the three clowns have been booted out.

We have talented lads that are reduced to a pub team on the local park.

What on earth the board are thinking I real don''t know.

Kick these three out now as we are becoming an embarrassment but if we fail to win on Saturday surely it becomes a no brainer.

One of many positives that will come out of it is Nutty Nigel''s inane mutterings may be put to rest.[/quote]

Nice to see my resident stalker is still on my case. How''s the latest Bury Massive boycott coming along? You guys are about as much use to the club as chocolate teapots[:O]

[quote user="StokeCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]We are very weak at right back. It''s no use coming forward if you can''t defend.
[/quote] russell martin is one of the best right backs I''ve seen in the yellow shirt...why he isn''t starting is a mystery to me[/quote]

Whittaker must also be one of the best right backs you''ve seen for us too then because there is so very little between them.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"russell martin is one of the best right backs I''ve seen in the yellow shirt"

Only just makes my top 5 personally and I''m in my early thirties. Very average player.[/quote]

Strange, I took you for  much older person.  Explains a lot though.

Oi Nutty! How come you are always stalking me.

All those posts and not one true opinion of your team. You truly are a total professional message board type person.

Me? I never get caught up in one of your extended threads where every man and his wife argue with you and you just retort with a question.

Nice!

Oh and don''t'' accuse me of not supporting my team you total waster

Why is our defence so terrible this season? For all our huffing and puffing up front last season, the defensive solidity was admirable, there were so many games when we just looked unbreachable. I cant understand what has changed considering its essentially the same players and the same manager. Yes Bassong has been poor, but is it only that? Why has the organisation and the calm assuredness completely disappeared. Practically every goal we concede I think ''poor defending''. And yet this is the same defence as last season. The only change has been Olsson, and he''s my POTS so far. So why are we now so cr*p? Bents goal was awful, noone anticipating that he would step into the space. Far too often marking is poor, runners not tracked. Zonal marking was mentioned in the commentry of one recent game but cant say Iv picked up on that before. It makes no sense

Whittaker is just so slow! Wingers lose him so easily. It''s beyond me why he ever starts ahead of Martin who is quicker, better defensively and perfectly capable of attacking (Man Utd this season, Man City last spring to mind).

[quote user="Fleckys FlipFlop"]Whittaker is just so slow! Wingers lose him so easily. It''s beyond me why he ever starts ahead of Martin who is quicker, better defensively and perfectly capable of attacking (Man Utd this season, Man City last spring to mind).[/quote]

As I posted somewhere on here fairly recently we win more points and concede less goals with Whittaker in the team.

But really there''s not much difference between them and when the team is struggling in every area it doesn''t really make much difference which one of them is picked.

He''s not anywhere near the best right back we''ve ever had, he is a tad slow and went missing for their 3rd goal last night.

I tend to agree that Russell Martin is one of the best right backs on his day.

I sort of agree that Whittaker is going to have to be replaced if by some miracle we stay up.......

It is a puzzle GMD but someone mentioned Sunderland above and how abysmal they looked under DiCanio. Ditto Fulham have been really awful at times, West Brom and West Ham. But they all have - and we have - talented players who, with some confidence and fire in their bellies and that illusive something between their ears, can turn their team''s fortunes around just as many of the above have started to do. That''s ominous in one way but also shows how the big finger of doom - with anyone and everyone in the media shouting from the rooftops about how awful a team is - changes almost from week to week. It has been on Palace and all of the above but it hasn''t really been on us. So far this season we have managed to just about hang on to some sort of form - enough to stay out of the bottom 3 - before the rot really set in. But now we look like we''re about to hit rock bottom like Fulham did under Jol, and Sunderland under Di Canio (and Poyet at times tbf). Hull will confirm this one way or other. The crowd have turned now and without an early goal and a convincing win, a defeat would be almost certain and surely his fate would be sealed.

Throughout his tenure to date, everytime we''ve come to the abyss, we''ve managed to pull back. Let''s see if he can do it again... everyone seems to think that this time we''ve gone just too close and it''s easy to see why.

This one was at Craven Cottage last night and can only concur that SW is plenty good enough on his day but, like plenty of other players at our club, seems to be suffering a complete and total crisis of confidence.

So why might that be? Might it just be to do with the coaching and management team, possibly, a slight chance, possibly.........mmmm.....let''s think about it shall we?

As for the worst ever, I can only conclude that you never saw Daryl ----ing Sutch play, sorry but SW is a bloody good footballer as he proved a number of times, Swansea away last term was a stand out and yes, I was at that game as well.

Due to injuries I think we have had to chop and change the back 4 quite a bit. Can''t think that helps. I do think we miss Turner too. Forget Bassong as the captain, I think Turner is the real leader. Que someone to provide statistics that counter all of that though :)