Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Is this the toughest game we've ever had?

I really can''t think of many games which come close to the significance of this. The obvious ones would be:

1. Cardiff 02: we snuck rather unexpectedly into the play offs and while we lost its not as if we really thought we were Premier League at that time (or at least I didn''t).

2. Leicester at home (81?)- my memory is hazy now but I recall Leicester coming to our place in a must win game and winning 3-2. But it was way back before the gap between the top two leagues was as big as now.

3. Milk Cup final. A jolly really. very nice to win, but not of long term significance

4. Inter Milan at home: ditto. A pleasant diversion from the league but no real expectation of winning that competition and it was great while it lasted.

5. Watford at home (1999?): again hazy memory but I also remember Watford coming to Norwich where had we not won we could have been in serious trouble of going down to Div 2 (now League One).

So, the biggest game in this club''s history?

Without a doubt this is the biggest game in the club''s history IMO.

Stay up - £20M, big squad investment, increased financially security.

Go down- £6.5 (over two seasons), very limited squad investment, possibility of some of our better players wanting to stay in the Prem

It''s a massive difference

Almost certainly is.

There have been plenty of 6-pointer games, big games, derbies and cup-ties but from a financial point of view nothing compares to this one.

At least it''s in our hands though - and we have to make it a cup final atmosphere too!